• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Well now, what do ya know... No need to dig for stuff or place an order. The groove in the STRC rear chassis brace is the perfect size to cradle a nitrous bottle. It not only fits the diameter of the bottle very well, the length of the groove creates a perfect cradle.

The Squatch is on the juice now!

Looking great! "thumbsup"

I really need to slap on some of the scale stuff on there & paint up the fuel tank. It really does make the rear end look better.

There's another spot for the NOS tank, It will also fit on top of the center console, kinda hard to see from the rear but you can see it.

Ef2TGfS.jpg

Yeah, I just got back inside from running it! It is wide, 13", but I am more than happy to deal with the extra width for the strength benefit given by the Uni's and 16mm knuckle bearings.

I'll have to measure mine, don't believe I'm that wide with the 6 bolt wheels. be nice to compare.

Thing is looking beastly as always!

There's another spot for the NOS tank, It will also fit on top of the center console, kinda hard to see from the rear but you can see it.

Ef2TGfS.jpg

I know it could go there, but I like the detailed console sticker and didn't want to cover it. I rather like your rig though! Nice to see them customized a bit. Far to many "looki at my box stock rtr yeti" threads :lmao:

I'll have to measure mine, don't believe I'm that wide with the 6 bolt wheels. be nice to compare.

Thing is looking beastly as always!

Thanks! Please let me know the width. I wouldn't mind a narrower option for rock days

I'm packing now to hit a scale trail run for a real shakedown of this thing. No more jumping on to asphalt and landing WOT to test Erik's diff stuff! This puts me back in my comfort zone. In my RC life I have gone from racer to basher, to drifter, to rock crawlerer (which I loved most of all)back to basher with the Squatch. Now the Squatch may not be a proper crawler, or even scaler by any means, but I'm going to give it hell and make it do the best it can!

Last edited:
There'd better be some video of said shakedown run!

Unfortunately there won't be. I didn't feel like packing tripods, cameras, etc. I just want to go drive and not deal with setting up shots and all of that.I have also never been where I'm going, so I want to scope it out and find places to set up cameras so I can make a video in the future. I've never videotaped it for shakedown run ever, that's all about testing, tuning, and getting to know the rig a little bit.

I will most likely grab some phone photos though.

Last edited:
Well... More growing pains... Not sure how I did this, but within the first 10 minutes I bent the spool shaft and broke a drive cup... I think I may need some limiting straps. Regardless how it happened, I only have my heavy trigger finger to blame. It had been a hard 10 minutes of forcing things when maybe I should have reversed and found a finesse line

I did finish the pack off in 3 wheel drive though! It was very hard to drive, but still doable.

Last edited:
Well... More growing pains... Not sure how I did this, but within the first 10 minutes I bent the spool shaft and broke a drive cup... I think I may need some limiting straps. Regardless how it happened, I only have my heavy trigger finger to blame. It had been a hard 10 minutes of forcing things when maybe I should have reversed and found a finesse line

I did finish the pack off in 3 wheel drive though! It was very hard to drive, but still doable.

Do you think that would have happened with the open diff? Sorry about your luck, but I think your use to it like I am:lmao: Looking real nice!!!
Later,
Farmer

Do you think that would have happened with the open diff? Sorry about your luck, but I think your use to it like I am:lmao: Looking real nice!!!
Later,
Farmer

No way if would have happened with the open diff. That wheel would have stuck and the other spun.

Looking back to where it happened the arm was fully extended, the wheel was lodged between two rocks and I just gave it too much gas...

Still rather have your shakedown run. It's 5 degrees here hahaha. Itching for some rocks!

5bf394f8885178f27071abf9ec5529b0.jpg

Yea what he said! It's been a bitter ass cold February here in Michigan, and I have given up driving my RC's all together because I'm tired of replacing plastic parts that have broken from nothing more than being too cold to bend and give as designed:twisted:

But it is sure a nice change of pace to see the runs and pics that you southern guys post! It kinda warms the cockles of my....trigger finger? :lmao:

Sad to see the carnage by the way, but it happens right?! Guess that's why we all up grade and tinker with the rigs in the first place.

Is the paint scheme just that, or is there a hidden "Gator fan" shout out going on there?

Mine? Not even close, it is painted green and copper, not blue and orange! I do like the Gators though.

The carnage is not a big deal, I break stuff, that's just the way it is. I am thinking that the output shaft bent first, then the cup failed when the uni came around and it bound.

Like I said above, I can't fault anything on this other than my trigger finger! :lmao:

Which is a huge credit to the strength of the uni's! It took it like a champ!

Last edited:
Yup, heavy trigger finger and some rocks did a number on the drive cup :twisted:

The other side held up fine, even during an hour of driving in 3 wheel drive. No signs of wear, or damage. Just a fluke and my driving style!

Last edited:
Mine? Not even close, it is painted green and copper, not blue and orange! I do like the Gators though.

The carnage is not a big deal, I break stuff, that's just the way it is. I am thinking that the output shaft bent first, then the cup failed when the uni came around and it bound.

Like I said above, I can't fault anything on this other than my trigger finger! :lmao:

Which is a huge credit to the strength of the uni's! It took it like a champ!

Dang might have to get my aging eyes checked for color blindness and Florida team color retardation...I thought it was orange and green which would have been Hurricane colors right? Not Gators, plus it's not even orange😳

Well perhaps that is just a sign that I'm conversing too much about nothing in your build thread! I digress, and will attempt to stay on point.

Dang might have to get my aging eyes checked for color blindness and Florida team color retardation...I thought it was orange and green which would have been Hurricane colors right? Not Gators, plus it's not even orange��

Well perhaps that is just a sign that I'm conversing too much about nothing in your build thread! I digress, and will attempt to stay on point.

Hahaha! No worries, and yes orange and green is the Canes, but Canes fan I am NOT! I like UCLA, Cal, and Stanford... But I grew up in Cali, like most Floridians I'm a transplant here.

Hey my man, I just received my sway bar & link kit from Eric.

It's pretty straight forward I imagine but I just want to make sure so I don't ruin things. Did you need to drill out the arm on the set screw end? My sway bar don't come close to fitting in. Thanks in advance. "thumbsup"

Back