• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
I had an interesting finding tonight. Since Erik's shop monkey accidentally cut my swaybar links too short and he has new ones on the way to me, I removed my swaybar. Slightly bummed that beautiful Ti might just be waste I started wracking my noggin with a way to repurpose one. It turns out that if I screw the rod ends down all the way, the oops link is the perfect length for the servo linkage!"thumbsup"

Whoa!! Shop monkey??:roll::roll: They were cut to the length I was given.

Lol. I don't think dicky even knows you work here. I think he was talking about the "shop monkey" kind of like a "gremlin in the shop" ,somebody I can blame things on etc.

Whoa!! Shop monkey??:roll::roll: They were cut to the length I was given.

It was just a joke, and I had no idea that you cut them. No offense meant at all. Your work is phenomenal, I only hope that by the holidays I have recouped enough from this build to have you build me a cage "thumbsup"

Lol. I don't think dicky even knows you work here. I think he was talking about the "shop monkey" kind of like a "gremlin in the shop" ,somebody I can blame things on etc.

Yes, exactly that! I had no idea he worked at your shop, and yep, shop monkey like a gremlin that mistakes can be blamed on! We have them at my job... They cause very expensive scrap when they show up...

It was just a joke, and I had no idea that you cut them. No offense meant at all. Your work is phenomenal, I only hope that by the holidays I have recouped enough from this build to have you build me a cage "thumbsup"

No worries. I'm not offended by it. I should have put a smiley on there I was wearing a smile as I typed it

Call me dumb, call me idiotic, and call me moronic. Yes I am 3 halves stupid, and we all know that 3 halves make a whole :lmao:

It has bothered me so much that I rushed the knuckles to get pictures up, that this morning I threw more money into this pit and just ordered another set. I will put the ground up ones on my workbench as a constant reminder to take my time. Erik is doing me a solid and just sending and charging me for the aluminum blocks, so I don't have to pay for the CF arms, and bearings twice.

The ground C's don't bug me at all, as I am working out a way to get more steering and I will need that clearance and would have ground them anyway "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Someone getting a lil' bit anal? I probably would be, too, as pretty much all of Erik's stuff is functional artwork. The ground C's may not bug you now, but I'd almost be willing to bet once you get those shiny new knuckle blocks on there, that ground section is gong to stick out like a whore in church. Of course you could always just take some gloss black paint to them.....

Someone getting a lil' bit anal? I probably would be, too, as pretty much all of Erik's stuff is functional artwork. The ground C's may not bug you now, but I'd almost be willing to bet once you get those shiny new knuckle blocks on there, that ground section is gong to stick out like a whore in church. Of course you could always just take some gloss black paint to them.....

No, the C's will never bother me. I can't recall a set of aluminum C's I have not done some grinding on to squeeze a degree or two more steering out of a rig "thumbsup" The grinding on the C's is uniform between them too, where the knuckles were vastly different. If anything I will strip the rest of the anodizing off. Since aside from the shock tower, all of the other alu goodies I have added are raw finish.

Yeah maybe a little bit anal retentive about the knucks... But I need the ground ones staring me in the face as a constant reminder to take my time. I had been out of the hobby for about a year and a half due to house purchase and no work space designated when I started this rig and had far too much "I'm back" excitement going on.

One step closer to "done" (they are never done...) I got the gas tank fill tube in and something called a Bee-E-See installed! lol

The USPS has once again failed me :evil: A DLUX delivery of the correct length swaybar links, and big bearing front bulkhead that was scheduled to arrive last Thursday is still not here... I only should need to tear the front end down one last time to install the bulkhead, replace the diff with the spool (testing complete!), and install the STRC bellcrank and a Dude Rang.

The Squatch is getting fat like me now! This is with the 5000mah 3s pack in it:

After the front end stuff shows up, hopefully tomorrow (which I have been saying since USPS failed me last Thursday). All that remains is the UCfab swaybar (paid for), and that sexy 1808 axle (paid for). The latter of which will be a little bit yet.

Is it done yet Erik? Ok, now? :lmao:

Last edited:
The correct length DLUX swaybar links!

D765023E-C6AD-4EDE-998E-6C3918789DA3_zpsjwsnc4ht.jpg

Cooking dinner for the family now, then commence wrenching "thumbsup"

Another victim to the hinge pin woes... Good thing my solution showed up today! Lunsford T\E-Maxx hinge pins, I'll use a collar to retain it.

No ID10T moves tonight on these!

These will stay here for a while as a reminder to me to take muh fawkin' time...

I'm not sure how much more will get done tonight. My son kept distracting me, and I'm exhausted from a work training I have been attending this week. Those 1 week crash course things go at a FAST pace...

As nice as it was to test the diff for Erik, and it was nice! He is bringing another awesome product to market!

It is great to be getting back into my comfort zone of spools :twisted:

Back