• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dani's Chaotic SuperSpecial Pro Berg

Awesome. What do the tubes weigh? I so wanted to go that route but I am on a real tight budget right now. Looking really good. "thumbsup"

Have to put em on my scale, thought something around 43 gramms or so...

Is it done yet :D

:shock: almost ;-)

no, no, I'm not that fast like you, Erik, but it's growing up.

Made some work on the Skid, will get it milled tomorrow and make it in the Chaotic Crawlers Switch style in one single piece Delrin :

7488814908_cc19c93bd7_o.jpg

7488815060_c7a5e1da7f_o.jpg

Gonna make some more pix later on...

some work at the gear cases has been done...

7488981316_d7915a598c_o.jpg

and the weight with all bearings, but no gears, but the tubes fixed with all steel hardware and the linkholder:

7488981598_a475ea16d2_o.jpg

is almost the same as the 2 alu tubes before...

7488980868_1c2154a97e_o.jpg

and here the tubes with linkmounts alone, Ryan:

7486711384_8abdd746b8_o.jpg

hope to finish both axles tomorrow, stay tuned guys

Amazing Superclass Build Dani "thumbsup"

Would you take the Superclass with you to the 2.Bayerncup to take a look on it?
Can´t wait to start with my build!

Gerry

Amazing Superclass Build Dani "thumbsup"

Would you take the Superclass with you to the 2.Bayerncup to take a look on it?
Can´t wait to start with my build!

Gerry

Thanks Gerry,

I'm not sure, let's see what happens with all the "small to do's" until the 2. BC ...

looking forward to crawl with you, buddy "thumbsup"

She is going to be light!

I like all the little attention to detail. I think most of it would be hard to see except I know what those parts looked like when shipped :D

I received your wheels from Erik and am jumping back on building your tires this week now that we're back from Battlegrounds. I'll keep you updated and get these out to you as soon as possible!

Wow!:shock:

That is really coming along nicely Dani. I love the D-lux axle parts that you are using.

I must figure out how to make more money.

She is going to be light!

I like all the little attention to detail. I think most of it would be hard to see except I know what those parts looked like when shipped :D

That's it, Erik, it take some time, but even on the light D-Lux parts can be found some gramms for loosing them... "thumbsup"

I received your wheels from Erik and am jumping back on building your tires this week now that we're back from Battlegrounds. I'll keep you updated and get these out to you as soon as possible!

thanks Ryan, can't await this big boys...

Wow!:shock:

That is really coming along nicely Dani. I love the D-lux axle parts that you are using.

I must figure out how to make more money.

Oh, D-Lux parts are not that expensive, Ryan ;-)

Thanks guys "thumbsup"

my ultralight skidplate has been done today:

7496371118_7b2f47f69d_o.jpg

7496370914_c5685bf0f4_o.jpg

Thanks to my buddy who helped me out milling this, I was a bit busy today...

more pix from some details later on...

so here some more pix from todays assembling the axles with the D-Lux parts. I used Titanium screws for the Delrin tubes and the CF upper link mounts. All the rest of the hardware is steel at the moment, just waiting of some more lightweight stuff.

7495653802_be6bfce127_o.jpg

7495653176_e0c041b8e5_o.jpg

Changed the small bearings to orange ones, i like this color more than blue ;-)

7495652804_3538af58e5_o.jpg

Motors and 12T pinions has been mounted too.

The upper link mount on motor side had to be cutted a little bit for fitting to the motor and for still be adjustable.

7495653584_4dd78d2f65_o.jpg

With her weight I'm really happy so far, my target is still the same and I think that's possible to reach on this way.

7495442910_83bbe3256e_o.jpg

Link mounts and C's are not fixed yet, I have to work at the links first, clocking the gear cases a bit more and some other small changes.

Oh, D-Lux parts are not that expensive, Ryan ;-)

Sorry, I did not mean that D-Lux parts are expensive. What I mean to say is that my RC budget has been drastically cut since I am trying to buy a house.

Dani, I look forward to driving these Supers with you. Your build is coming along so well."thumbsup"

Have to put em on my scale, thought something around 43 gramms or so...

:shock: almost ;-)

no, no, I'm not that fast like you, Erik, but it's growing up.

Made some work on the Skid, will get it milled tomorrow and make it in the Chaotic Crawlers Switch style in one single piece Delrin :

7488814908_cc19c93bd7_o.jpg

7488815060_c7a5e1da7f_o.jpg

Gonna make some more pix later on...

Awesome!!!
Just awesome!!!:twisted:

I am glad you did this style of skid.
I wanted to do one for my super as well.

I can't wait to see this rig in person.

Keep up the great work dani.
You are an advocate for this community and hobby.
We are very pleased and lucky to be able to work so closely with you.

Thank you for everything you do for this sport. "thumbsup"

Wow that is totally sick looking! What tires are you using?

Thanks man. The tires are some kind of international / Interstate team-working; tires and foams have been bought by Crawler Innovations in Texas:

7499206234_deb2072977_o.jpg

then Ryan from East Coast RC is giving me hand with the cut'n'shut job :

7499206378_06f9c45373_o.jpg

He is a great guy and his East Coast RC customer service is amazing; so he is also cutting and sanding those tires for me...

and cause the time is running fast and I wanna be sure that everything fitts well, Erik sent the wonderfull D-Lux Carbon Super Wheels directly from SLC to Ryan and he can check if all fitts well:

7499206586_0c6e13822d_o.jpg

So I can await 2 sets of RTR wheels (1 set of Khaos and 1 set of Rovers) and won a bit of time, Thanks Ryan and Erik for this great job "thumbsup"

Sorry, I did not mean that D-Lux parts are expensive. What I mean to say is that my RC budget has been drastically cut since I am trying to buy a house.

Dani, I look forward to driving these Supers with you. Your build is coming along so well."thumbsup"

no matter, Ryan, everybody in here knows Eriks nice prices. Good luck with your house and I'm looking forward to our next Super crawl together too, Nats are coming soon.

It's impressive how things can go together with you great guys, thanks again to my Team for the chassis, I like this little carbon things...

next is coming up are some electronics, my alu spacers, some lightweight hardware and my Ti links...

Awesome!!!
Just awesome!!!:twisted:

I am glad you did this style of skid.
I wanted to do one for my super as well.

You guys had this idea, Marc, I just picked it up.

We are very pleased and lucky to be able to work so closely with you.

Thank you for everything you do for this sport. "thumbsup"

:oops: Thanks, good to hear ;-)

WOW ^^ That is awsome!!"thumbsup"

thanks man, I can't await to drive this thing...

decided to use the 3rd set of wheels too. They are used old Blast wheels with the VP hub mod done and some good cut'n'shut Sedonas mounted.

7500020364_32203479fa_o.jpg

I saw in Diamond's thread the mod with the washers and a good friend made me some CF washers I need.

7500020242_dfc8cb03d2_o.jpg

7500020144_b9b1c63e77_o.jpg

Now have to look for loosing some weight on this heavy duty rims, 104 gramms, wow, thats heavy :shock:

7500020490_fd409c8af2_o.jpg

Back