• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cultus' Axial YETI build

Nice job on the lights and Icon shocks "thumbsup"

Now that you have a little weight on the rig try a 14x70 spring up front, gives you some adjustment back in the preload collar and allows the front end to sit up a little higher.

That is exactly what I did. Brandon is 100% right on the money with the ability to adjust those.

Wow that is some great advice, I never would have thought of that. I will definitely give it a try. How stiff of a spring would be a good starting point? I'm guessing still quite firm. What springs are you using MeanTT?

I am using the 3.27 lb an inch. Yes, that is lighter than the stock ones, but because they are so long you get a lot more preload, and still have adjustability. I am running 40 weight Team associated oil, and its still too light. I will probably to up to 50 or 60 and that should be where I need it. At that point I will see if the springs are right. There is just so much flop it makes jumping nearly impossible. Bear in mind, that my set up is designed for speed, not for crawling, so it really depends on what you are using it for. That said, more adjustability is better than less. So, get yourself the 70 MM long springs, and have at it.

Thanks man, i ordered up some 3.55 lbs/in and i will try those out with the 42.5wt i have now, but did get some heavier stuff too, so i should be able to get em tuned up the way i want.

The LED's are finished, and the roof rack installed. I am really pleased with the look and function.

I had previously ran extensions for both channel 3 and 4 into the 2 speed servo compartment, so it was easy to install the HeyOK LED controller in there as well for a nice clean look. Each string of lights is wired with its own JST plug, so its easy to unplug any string to work on or change things up.

And here she is all lit up!! 6 white and 6 blue ultrabright LED's facing forward plus 4 more KOH style facing back should light things up nicely for any night run.

Hey! Great work on the soldering.

I think I forgot to PM you to thank you for the bushings. You rock!

Swapped out my front springs for the longer 14x70mm blue super firm and 50wt oil. I have only done in shop testing so far but i am much happier with them. It is nice to be able to tune them with the shock collars instead of having them all the way down with the shorter springs.

I think i just found my future motor!

Holmes Puller Pro BL 540XL 3500kv

Got one of these in the back of a UPS truck somewhere with my address on it...:roll:...when it gets here Ill give ya an update!

Love your light section here. Im not to that stage in my build yet, but i will be soon enough. You can bet your bottom dollar though, when i do, I will be right back here following your lead on much of what you did here!

Great job all around really on a very sound, well built Yeti!

Wow this thing is coming out great! The dual shocks in rear really change up the look, and those omf wheels are some eye candy

Got one of these in the back of a UPS truck somewhere with my address on it...:roll:...when it gets here Ill give ya an update!

Love your light section here. Im not to that stage in my build yet, but i will be soon enough. You can bet your bottom dollar though, when i do, I will be right back here following your lead on much of what you did here!

Great job all around really on a very sound, well built Yeti!

Thank guys! I appreciate it. I look forward to hearing how the motor works for you, and I'm happy to help with your lighting when ya get there.

Nice build, my Yeti should be delivered today (RTR) and I have a bunch of aluminum parts coming from multiple vendors.

I like the lights you did but I couldn't see how you made your headlight buckets. Could you please take a close up of them?

Nice build, my Yeti should be delivered today (RTR) and I have a bunch of aluminum parts coming from multiple vendors.

I like the lights you did but I couldn't see how you made your headlight buckets. Could you please take a close up of them?

Thanks! The headlight buckets are included with the both the RTR and kit. They are in with your spare parts, but unfortunatly the RTR body has them painted over. Some guys have cut them out, but i ended up ordering a clear body shell, and the buckets bolt right to the back of the grill

Thanks! The headlight buckets are included with the both the RTR and kit. They are in with your spare parts, but unfortunatly the RTR body has them painted over. Some guys have cut them out, but i ended up ordering a clear body shell, and the buckets bolt right to the back of the grill

Yea I had to cut out the hole for my buckets, but they do still bolt on to the grill. Getting close to finishing the build, so rack and lights are gonna be on the list pretty soon!

I also did get that HH motor, have not run it yet (obviously) but if your still interested in one, I'll try to keep the info posted in my build post on performance and observations etc.

Yea I had to cut out the hole for my buckets, but they do still bolt on to the grill. Getting close to finishing the build, so rack and lights are gonna be on the list pretty soon!

I also did get that HH motor, have not run it yet (obviously) but if your still interested in one, I'll try to keep the info posted in my build post on performance and observations etc.

Definitely interested in how that HH motor works for you. In the mean time i now have to save up for this as well!!! Waterproofed version of course

Holmes Hobbies TrailMaster BL ESC

Thanks so much for your help.

New Parts! VP housing and truss, DMG skid plate to take all the $hit and abuse, STRC rear cage stiffener, and a Crawler Innovations bumper insert.

SSD 2 speed installed! It is a well made product and installed fairly easily, tho i do wish axial had given a bit more room in the box for the servo. Getting the wire in there is a bit tight, and you kinda have to leave one of the servo mounts loose to get it in there. I used a low profile servo so i had some room underneath to hide some wire, and there was enough space behind and under the batter tray to hide my HeyOk led controller. I do think a servo saver is a must as you often have to turn the motor to get it to fully engage. The axial one that came in the kit is just too bulky to fit so i used a Kimbrough. The low speed runs very good with the stock RTR electronics and gives you very good slow speed control without cogging. Well done SSD!

Back