• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cultus' Axial YETI build

Finally got some proper power for this thing. Good deal from Bego Racing for any fellow Canadians looking for a Lipo. Now these were a touch too tall to fit, so rather than remove the plate holding the battery down, i put a 2x6mm aluminum spacer under each of the 5 posts holding the rear cage on. Added a bit of tamiya bumper foam on each side and its a perfect fit.

small update:

Pulled out the HR locker in the rear end, it will be used in a different project. In its place this slick Holmes Hobbies locker.

That is a serious ESC.

Any reason for switching from the HH ESC?

Killer build btw, really clean, like it.

Thanks bud. I did not have the HH esc yet, it was just on my wish list. I will be running this with the rtr motor for now, but i do still plan on getting the HH puller pro XL when i have the funds.

I think you are the first to get one. lol First I've seen.

yeah i ordered it directly from castle with their introductory pricing so there will be a few of them out there, and i'm sure retailers will be getting them soon

Everything installed great!. I cut the tabs off the stock esc tray and made a larger platform out of styrene to fit the new Monster. I took out the castle 10A BEC to see how well the new built in one works. So far i have only been able to give it a quick run out on the asphalt, but WOW! I love it, it has really brought the RTR motor to life. I cant wait to give it a good run this weekend. And i really look forward to trying out the telemetry functions of this ESC someday. And i had to add a new decal to commemorate being part of the MANIAX!

Checked out the data logging feature, this will be very usefull. Lots of data you can see, this image has most of it, so it may look a bit clustered. lol

Got some new parts in, thanks RPP for some bonus swag in the form of RC4WD stickers"thumbsup"

The new VP sway bar is both beautiful and well engineered.

My motor was running hot with the new ESC so i picked up the Castle blower and some lower pinions to get it worked out, BUT i accidentally picked up 3mm shaft pinions, oh well live and learn. i will get some 5mm ones next order.

Everything fit beautifully and installation was a breeze

How do you find the SSD low speed gear? Is the gear separation enough to mostly remove the effect of cogging in low and still have normal yeti top speeds in high with the stock motor?

How do you find the SSD low speed gear? Is the gear separation enough to mostly remove the effect of cogging in low and still have normal yeti top speeds in high with the stock motor?

It's a 2 speed conversion. RPP carries it. You can gear as low as you want nothing will remove cog from a unsensored motor.

The high speed is slightly faster than stock, and yes the low speed allows me to go nice and slow without cogging. I find it perfect for some trail running or rock bouncing, lots of low end control, but still zippy when you open up the throttle.

Update time!

Had a great trip up to the Calgary Blackfoot RC track a few months ago, unfortunately the stock servo finally stripped its gears. So i have been collecting some parts to upgrade over winter. First up, the OMG ST-BF30S and some VP bellcranks, and i am gonna give the VP shock adjuster a try.

Servo specs:

Full Aluminum
Waterproof
Digital Brushless
Speed (s/60°@6.0V/7.4V): 0. 14/ 0.11
Torque oz./in. (6.0V/7.4V): 372/450
Torque kg./cm. (6.0V/7.4V): 26.8/32.4

I have wanted to run a spare tire for a while now, but i don't really like the stock location. It feels a bit too far forward and covers up the body clip and kinda blocks the rear lights. So i installed it all the way back and used some Yeah Racing straps to keep it from flopping around. I am really please with the look, now i just need to get another OMF wheel for it!

very good, tho i admit i don't have a ton of hours on this truck. Earlier today i had all the shocks off and they were snapping in and out as tight as new. Been collecting some very cool new parts over the last 6 months and i have finally found the time to get them installed, so i will have some updates soon"thumbsup"

Back