• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hillbilly's garage

Finished at least the outside appearance, scalerfab front and rear bumpers, finished installing my IERC sendero sliders. Secured the interior cage and finally mounted the bed cage. Tossed a few stickers on too for S&G. Now need to swap in new servo, brass c-hubs and aluminum knuckles. Also pick up a brass diff cover

As for other projects, I received hardcore rc links for mom's spaghetti with a +10mm in the rear. That should have the wheelbase set right. Just need to build the mini stagedive now.

Also going to build the stock utb18 cage in to a single seat buggy bought another set of
axles already and a capra interior to cut up and fit the driver in. As well as a tech factory racing 22re to replace the fuel cell in the back. Been tossing around the idea of making some metal body panels for it as well.

Debating a chassis swap for my barracho and running leafs in the rear again. Been researching in to that. ��

Also picked up a DeWalt 8v gyro screwdriver and some Traxxas tips. So helpful and definitely get more work done with my time. Super happy that I picked one up.

Last edited:
Almost done with the SE, built up the front axle. Installed Treal c-hubs with GPM aluminum knuckles with Treal brass steering arms. Also did the castor flip. Notched the C-hubs back three splines. Stock the king pins line up with the truss. so moving the king pins back helps give it tons of steering. Do have to flip the steering link on top of the arms to clear upper links and driveshaft interference. Also mount the drag link below the steering arm. I did space it so the drag link was flat and not angled up. I did install a brass diff cover in the rear help with some balance of weight. Finished building the front two tires and wheels. Vented them and installed vanquish dual stage foams in 4.75". Still need to finish doing the same with the rear tires.

Need to buy some paint so I can finish a thought I had over the weekend for styling. More on that later.

Here is my thought to finish off the SE, a late 70's power wagon look. It'll be a mix of paint and decal/ 2mm pinstripe.

Those are some sweet paint schemes. I like the first side pic n the first tailgate pic. Cant wait to see which route u go!

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Those are some sweet paint schemes. I like the first side pic n the first tailgate pic. Cant wait to see which route u go!

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

I'm going to mix and match, still planning it out in my head. I like the lettering of the first tailgate but the full black coverage of the second one might mix the two which I believe I seen something like that when I was looking for
inspiration.

I did get some tinkering done today too. Put together my son's utb18. Found a 3d printed yota for it in red then tossed my barracho's wheels and tires on it. I'm really digging how it can out. I think I'll get the Toyota grill I found for it to finish the look off.

Haven't tinkered in a bit, been busy with life and work. Did buy a new project tho. Been wanting to build an IFS mullet and found this one on marketplace for a good price. Has ifs2 and f10 portal. I have extra electronics I'll toss in it. Wheel/tire are my shelf posser set. I have a set of jconcepts tusks and couple different wheels I'll pair with it.

Found a set of wheels that will work with the mullet, had to get a 7mm to 8mm vanquish tool so I can full mount the rear wheels in the mail as well as a new body. Ended up going with the charisma rc 1986 Subaru brat should pair with the ifs look very well.

Every year the Xterra club I'm with has a meet out at the beach. The spot is also a great crawler spot. Only took my son's utb18 out with a couple batteries. Kinda had an agenda with it. One to get on the rocks, two see how interested the girlfriend's kids were in to the crawler and three help keep them not bored at the meet. I'm pretty sure I got the kids hooked lol. The oldest is getting a scx24 for his birthday this coming month.

Surprised how well the utb18 did stock with wheels and class 1 choodoos, already got a few upgrades for it. Link raiser, some brass parts, steering links, overdrive and some mini t spring cups.

That escalated fast lol.
I had the link raiser and OD gears already for another project since they didn't show up yet. Used steering links from a set of aluminum housings I have for another project. Then parted the brass kit only used portal box covers front and rear and C-hubs. Knuckles and rear boxes will go to one of the other projects. Went with aluminum treal knuckles wanted strength but not the extra mass for this truck. Plus I had some brass hexes to rid of the stock plastic ones. Going to try and take it out Saturday morning and see what the little guy will do now.

Beefed up the IFS2 some. Added scale metal supplies steering links and steering rack bearing kit. Shifting weight up front with some SSD brass knuckles for the IFS2. That's about all the upgrades you can get for the newer ifs kit I could fit. I also installed IERC narrow sliders, I like the clean tucked look.

Last edited:
Very happy with my SE, finally got it on some rocks. Steers pretty good and very well balanced. I started a test spot in my back yard. Been fun testing also tossed an old savox servo I had laying around in my kids utb18 steers much better now.

It does great, need to pick your line a little more cautiously cause of the front skid of the ifs. I ran both on the same trail/rocks along the creek I was at. one climb the IFS made the SE couldn't. Not sure if that was just tire difference proline tsl G8 with vanquish dual stage foams on SE vs the vanquish geolanders on stock foams. Wheelbase is an 1/2" difference with the SE 12.8" and the IFS 12.3". Next Monday I have the day off so I'm planning on going out to a popular spot and do some testing maybe I'll swap tires and see if it makes a difference on the same lines. I did build the SE as more of a trail truck that can crawl.

Back