• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cultus' Axial YETI build

Well lots of new goodies to install!"thumbsup" Starting with the front end, we have a Wertymade steel bumper with a 1" rigid light bar, VP skid, titanium nitride coated kingpins, and RPM arms that i reinforced with some old axial links i drilled out.

Next a 4" Rigid light bar and the HeyOK LED remote switch with external power so i can run these directly off 3S. I also ordered a new Gearhead roof rack and was pleased to see they have reinforced the area where my old one broke.

Well last night the yeti got a new motor!"thumbsup" Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro BL 540XL 3500KV. Which i installed with the wires down so the sensor harness clears the battery tray

While i was at it, i removed the SSD 2 speed. I don't really need it for what i do with the yeti, so it will go into my new Bomber kit that should be arriving any day.

I also replaced the plastic spring retainers on my shocks with the STRC ones and the cable guide, just for the hell of it.

I have my CCBEC inside the receiver box with the power wires running through that cable guide to the other side. I then put the HeyOK led controller in the box for the 2 speed servo. Which all made for a nice clean install.

For the spare tire i had to get a matching OMF/voodoo. I bolted in a bit of styrene to strengthen the whole mount and Judd Rummage supplied these slick looking straps!"thumbsup" I also dressed up all the other wheels with these VP hubs and clamping hexes. And then i added the yeah racing extinguisher for a bit more scale look

Time for a few shameless posing pics before i get it all dirty again this weekend! On a side note, my bomber kit arrived today"thumbsup" looking forward to starting that build soon.

Brilliant build and one to be very proud of!!! Great aesthetics and function!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is your spare tire mount holding up? Does Judd Rummage sale those straps you used to hold down your spare?

Last edited:
the mount is solid since i added that plate underneath. The straps themselves are strictly cosmetic, but yeah he sells them. I contacted him through facebook and ordered a couple sets.

Well i wanted to try one of these RPM ESC cages for the Mamba Monster X since i first seem them released. They are made for a direct fit into some traxxas trucks but they look to be a good fit for the yeti too.

i was very happy to see the 2 holes in the lower plate lined up perfectly with the axial posts. I used 12mm and 25mm flathead screws to hold it down.

However, the upper part of the cage did interfere with the motor plate. So i notched a bit out of this corner and it fit perfectly! There is still lots of material so the integrity of the cage was not compromised.

I love the fact that the power switch can be mounted on either side or not used at all. Overall another terrific product from RPM easily adapted to worth with the Yeti"thumbsup"

Well i am in the middle of some mid winter maintainence/cleaning/upgrades to all my rigs, and the yeti is up first. The only upgrades at this point are some of axials new aluminum clamping spring retainers. They fit nice and snug and took a bit of work getting a couple of them over the rod ends.

The body has gotten a tattered around the edges and a bit torn up on the back corners, but overall its still good, so i decided to refresh all the graphics. I went with a sponsored race truck look.

Back