• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cross rc experts please also im new

Congrats on the purchase!

The build and customizing is half the fun, take your time and enjoy it. Document your mods, changes and customizing; we’re all interested to follow.

Like the g2 trans, shock placement, link mounts etc, it seems that cross rc is hearing what the community is saying and bringing mods/ changes, upgrades as they go. Hopefully with enough support they’ll produce better designs/ quality, instead of worse.

I’m glad there seems to be more company’s producing RC’s/ crawlers than ever..., what people decide to spend on a build is their own business.

Be blessed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the purchase! what people decide to spend on a build is their own business

This. I understand trying to sway him to get a "better" chassis(I say "better" because I have no experience with CrossRC) but come on, let the man buy what he wants to buy without bashing him-you know who you are. If this rig is "bad" then he'll find out-sometimes you gotta find stuff out for yourself/the hard way. I personally think this rig will be good, CrossRC's other stuff seems quality(Like the PG-4L/4A and the UC6 6x6 judging off RCSparks' videos) I mean, they are high priced for a reason.

:flipoff: To the few that are just constantly bashing him. :flipoff:

Congratulations on the crawler purchase, and I hope you have fun building, that's the best part. "thumbsup"

This. I understand trying to sway him to get a "better" chassis(I say "better" because I have no experience with CrossRC) but come on, let the man buy what he wants to buy without bashing him-you know who you are. If this rig is "bad" then he'll find out-sometimes you gotta find stuff out for yourself/the hard way. I personally think this rig will be good, CrossRC's other stuff seems quality(Like the PG-4L/4A and the UC6 6x6 judging off RCSparks' videos) I mean, they are high priced for a reason.

:flipoff: To the few that are just constantly bashing him. :flipoff:

Congratulations on the crawler purchase, and I hope you have fun building, that's the best part. "thumbsup"

who was bashing him? If telling someone there is a better option than the one they are currently contemplating is considered 'bashing' you would not survive a minute in most of the forums I have frequented over the years. It's just opinion from guys that have been in the hobby for years trying to steer someone away from an inferior rig. I hope someone does that for me, bash away.

I just built a Cross kit (C kit with metal everything). Some of the parts were pre assembled, which I took apart and put back together anyway. I will say that the build itself was unbelievably enjoyable. I have enough other crawlers that I thrash on. As for this one, I wanted a nice looking, “different” kit that will see more time on the hiking trails than the rocks.

who was bashing him? If telling someone there is a better option than the one they are currently contemplating is considered 'bashing' you would not survive a minute in most of the forums I have frequented over the years. It's just opinion from guys that have been in the hobby for years trying to steer someone away from an inferior rig. I hope someone does that for me, bash away.

I can't take offense from someone saying I'm bashing when they reference watching rc sparks in the same post. :ror:

I'd like to get updates as to how it holds up when the OP goes out to "wheel mine hard" busted CV axles and rod ends will only be the beginning of the fun. But he showed us and did what he wanted to do by gawd! :ror:

So I did get the throw limiters or whatever for the steering and upgrading cvs you say beginningof the fun, but those are really the only two problems ive heard of
I also got the axle weights that sit on the diff and the belly weights for the skid plate. Ive also heard of ppl switching the cvs out for a dogbone style that are much stronger apparently.

I'd like to ask what comes after the beginning of the fun but
I assume you have never wheeled a cross though and are only going off of threads you read? Or maybe I'm wrong and if so id ask for your insight on what else breaks ?

I feel this is a solid chassis to start with personally as much as ppl are bashing an item that is contantly SOLD OUT on shelves and I have some upgrade ideas already.

So I did get the throw limiters or whatever for the steering and upgrading cvs you say beginningof the fun, but those are really the only two problems ive heard of
I also got the axle weights that sit on the diff and the belly weights for the skid plate. Ive also heard of ppl switching the cvs out for a dogbone style that are much stronger apparently.

I'd like to ask what comes after the beginning of the fun but
I assume you have never wheeled a cross though and are only going off of threads you read? Or maybe I'm wrong and if so id ask for your insight on what else breaks ?

I feel this is a solid chassis to start with personally as much as ppl are bashing an item that is contantly SOLD OUT on shelves and I have some upgrade ideas already.

The CV axles are made of cheap material that will break if you over steer (any cv will do that) but also break in a straight line. The admin of the cross rc bookface group is a hardcore fanboi for cross, I've seen him delete post after post of people complaining about failures in my short time with the group so I bounced out knowing the real I fo wasn't going to get out in that group.

I've built an sg4c and saw the writing on the wall having the decades of experience in rc and 1:1 wheeling the amount of shortcomings was not worth the time to deal with. The drivelines could not be in phase, they were simply made wrong, all 3 of them. The aluminum the axle housings are made of is very low grade and soft. The upper links mount will break as well. I bumped a local guys sg4c on a trail run and the rear truss snapped on both sides. Not I didn't say rammed, I was moving less than walking pace when he stopped.

It is a nice looking rig and not terribly bad to put together, I actually like the way the battery box works, not the best placement but it is neat none the less for a trail rig. It is not however a rig that can be beaten on at all. It's meant to be driven carefully and not rolled down a hill or have any power put to it to climb a gnarly hill. It will break and fail in a short amount of time guaranteed.

The CV axles are made of cheap material that will break if you over steer (any cv will do that) but also break in a straight line. The admin of the cross rc bookface group is a hardcore fanboi for cross, I've seen him delete post after post of people complaining about failures in my short time with the group so I bounced out knowing the real I fo wasn't going to get out in that group.

I've built an sg4c and saw the writing on the wall having the decades of experience in rc and 1:1 wheeling the amount of shortcomings was not worth the time to deal with. The drivelines could not be in phase, they were simply made wrong, all 3 of them. The aluminum the axle housings are made of is very low grade and soft. The upper links mount will break as well. I bumped a local guys sg4c on a trail run and the rear truss snapped on both sides. Not I didn't say rammed, I was moving less than walking pace when he stopped.

It is a nice looking rig and not terribly bad to put together, I actually like the way the battery box works, not the best placement but it is neat none the less for a trail rig. It is not however a rig that can be beaten on at all. It's meant to be driven carefully and not rolled down a hill or have any power put to it to climb a gnarly hill. It will break and fail in a short amount of time guaranteed.

well my controller batts and cahrger showed up today now to wait on the kit .. Trust me I will be honest with my review of this kit. And I dont plan to be gentle with it so we shall see about these shorcomings. I do hear cross makes rolling upgrades so heres hoping the issues you mentioned have been dealt with.

The upgrades I already plan to do adress most of the issues ppl speak of only thing now is how will the cnc axles hold up will the gears in the diff break ? i wonder I got 3s batts and just like my real life truck im not scared of the skinny pedal

The ring gear and locker are one piece of sintered metal so they will wear out with too much power.

It will take them a while to wear though so enjoy it

3s doesn't necessarily = breakage, just don't hammer it when it is bound up. I broke both drive shafts on my SCX10 at the same time on 2s by trying to throttle out of a stuck. Something has got to give, what is the weakest point. Personally I'd rather a plastic drive shaft spline to twist in 2 than something more expensive break.

For tires if you didn't buy any I suggest the 1.7 SS Iroks. they're about the right size for you and fared really well for me in any kind of terrain I put them in. Rocks, mud, dirt, sand. I got a tf2 marlin and the tires make the rig perform admirably well for what it is.

For tires if you didn't buy any I suggest the 1.7 SS Iroks. they're about the right size for you and fared really well for me in any kind of terrain I put them in. Rocks, mud, dirt, sand. I got a tf2 marlin and the tires make the rig perform admirably well for what it is.

I’ll second this..., generally what I run but on 1.9 bead locks. They really do compliment the demon well[emoji108]

so I bought the mudslingers xl I got a set of 4 for 50$cad .. and my friend actually has those exact tires for me on beadlocks he also loves them ..

Finally happened..., my own fault..., weight, plus super freezing conditions and a really weak axle....

9bd0501b1e2147fbf988cffddfdf2ca8.jpg

So ima just go ahead and put this here. without even having gotten to drive the demon yet cross RC is 100% stay away garbage. Dont expect good service either. Don't waste your money #garbage

I’m curious too. I gotta agree that their customer service SUCKS THE FAT ONE. I had an issue with a broken rock slider out of the box and they gave me a pretty extensive list of demands in order to have them replace it. I said F them and I’ll see about fitting a different brand set of sliders. I was totally aware of the shortcomings of the platform and still got one. But mine will be used on hiking trails, not rocks, and not stomped on. I have plenty of rigs that I beat like they kicked my dog.

Nonetheless Tinyfarts, take from the experience what you shall and good luck moving forward.

I hope the thing shows up soon dammit!!!

Feel ya, I have been waiting on a set of roofracks for my jeep from American Trail Products and they can't seem to get their shit together to even build it. I ordered the ****ing thing on Sept 6.

I blame Reagan and Nafta for sending all the factories to China. Yanks used to build nice stuff, and deliver it in good time, even up here. Props to ATP for still making things in the USA. Still I want my ****ing roofrack already.

Back