• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cross rc experts please also im new

You lost me. You are spending $549 on a kit because you are new to the hobby? I've been in the hobby for years and have never spent that much on a chassis kit. I'd take that money and get a VS4-10 or build something.

Don't really understand?

sorry you asked if 549 was RTR or kit i was saying its the kit .... but because im new i have to spend more than that as the kit does not come with esc servo transmitter and all that jazz ..

the vanquish looks like a knockoff g wagon and has a clear shell body so not too impressed ive looked at them for sure..

sorry you asked if 549 was RTR or kit i was saying its the kit .... but because im new i have to spend more than that as the kit does not come with esc servo transmitter and all that jazz ..

the vanquish looks like a knockoff g wagon and has a clear shell body so not too impressed ive looked at them for sure..

Oh, okay now I understand what you are saying. I personally think the VS4-10 has one of the best looking bodies, but to each their own"thumbsup"

One thing you might consider that I've been looking at myself (I really like that body) is you could buy the SG4 hard body separate - https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/czr-97400394.htm.

At RPP, for example, you can get the body, hood, grille, rear cage, etc, for well under $100.

Then you could buy any chassis (Enduro, Trailking, SCX10.2) you want and mount the body to that.
That way you'd get the look you want plus all of the reliability / aftermarket that comes with the more popular vehicles.

Last edited:
I saw the vanquish .. I really dont like the look of it arent those the ones that kinda look like a g wagon ?

No, it's an International Scout-like body. You can always change bodies, you can't change the undercarriage as easily. The components are important, there is a real reason why people buy from the big brands versus cross rc. Traxxas, Axial, etc. rarely stop supporting their platforms and the aftermarket is there for when they fall short. By all means, buy the Cross RC, but keep your expectations low.

So wHat im hearing is 3s .. I got the hardbody with cnc axles . sg4c was the more expensive option and i went with all the upgrades like the oup skid plate which also stiffens the chassis shim kit for the axles g2 tranny , I fell in love with the demon because it looks like my irl truck which currently sits on 40's

No, it's an International Scout-like body. You can always change bodies, you can't change the undercarriage as easily. The components are important, there is a real reason why people buy from the big brands versus cross rc. Traxxas, Axial, etc. rarely stop supporting their platforms and the aftermarket is there for when they fall short. By all means, buy the Cross RC, but keep your expectations low.

At this point I'm hoping everyone is clear that he HAS purchased the Cross RC Demon SG4C:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/cross-rc-demon-sg4c-1-10-4x4-crawler-kit-w-hard-body-metal-axles-czrsg4c/p774412

So in the interest of being helpful, let's stop telling him what he should buy..."thumbsup"

s-l640.jpg

At this point I'm hoping everyone is clear that he HAS purchased the Cross RC Demon SG4C:

As of yesterday he hadn't made that terrible choice yet. ;-)

I also have not bought it yet I have my cart ready they are not in stock at the moment though

If Traxxas and axial brands seem cheap he's in for a real treat when that pile of polystyrene shows up. :ror: At least redcat charges low prices so it stings less when you realize the quality that got is closer than you paid for than cross. So it'll quality wise fit in with his buddies rigs.

Yeah I was confused on that too, but i think he put it in his 'cart' and has not pulled the trigger.

Kind of feel for the guy, he's getting beat up a little on this, but I would 'feel better' for what it's worth if he wasn't planning on it being his only rig. I could probably find something I don't like about anything, including toy trucks lol. It is funny to me how much people get hung up on certain checklist items. Most of these trucks represent what they are supposed to be fairly well, the Cross rigs aren't even at the top of 'dead accurate' so not sure I'd want to die on that hill. Would prolly go RC4WD Blazer or that new Jeep looking thing if I was pushing that envelope. Some of Cross's offerings are downright hideous (see BlazerBronco looking thing)

Its a real shame Cross rc never decided to sell Body Kits. IMO they would make more money doing that then selling full cars.
My 2 cents is buy an scx10 II builders kit and get the body you want separately form the cross rc store or the rc4wd store where they also sell a Toyota hardbody.

Alternatively if you get/got the cross rc already, you can probably slowly convert the drivetrain over to more durable parts because of the way link suspension works. any axle can bolt up to any car pretty much depending on where the pumpkin is and the driveline as some forward motor mounts , you just need to change the length of the links. Transmissions can generally have holes drilled through the skid maybe some epoxy to be custom mounted as well.

IMO its much easier to mount a body to a good chassis then the try to make a sub par chassis good.
Because what ever you buy the body will eventually get damaged and those are designed to be replaceable customizable more then anything else.

Wow.., lots going on here since I last decided to follow;)

Lots of good advice..., I tried to re-read thru most of the post.

Still not purchased?

I have the cross demon .... plastic axle version. I really enjoy it, but I also understand what it is. Especially since it is not my only crawler!

It’s a fun, heavy, top heavy, scale-ish, hardbody, trailing rig, did I mention top heavy?

After seeing the tiny clock like gears in the trans, hearing weird clicking sounds in drive train; I was overjoyed to see the new improved trans. Purchased immediately...

I also did the link upgrade mod from cross rc.

I also bought the upgrade/ mod for rear shocks. I haven’t been happy with either setup. I’m currently running in the original position but with a dual rate 80mm shock. I’m stilling playing around..., I found with the mod from cross rc the rear end was sitting bum up. Maybe I’ll re-try the suspension mod/ upgrade fix with the 80mm shocks.

The other issue with the original shocks placement; it added to the appeal / look of the demon. Having the shocks in stand-up position was taking away the demon styling. It looked like every other box deleted truck on the trail.

I’m also very gentle on my trucks and very rarely ever break anything. I wouldn’t allow it to get bound up in any tough spots, the steering knuckles/ hubs make me nervous when I’m tight places.

I think if your that interested in it’s looks you’ll be happy with it.

****Hope the trans upgrade is on order as well tho. ****

As for tires.... anything will work. I would stay around 4.2 tho. In contrast to an earlier post., I’m more form over function; both if possible. I prefer smaller tires but not much smaller than 4.2 will look good with the large front wheel wells. I’d also say anything bigger is gross imo;)

I also like the venom 3s 2200 30 cell, the 50 cell is too fat. My 30 is actually getting a little fat and is a little hard to fit; so I push harder;)

05188f21bf397e1f35af0cd84802e3b1.jpg

92bda1f2e5a06b73b96ae14b1e783e53.jpg

52f8a1116423dcb23b4a129dba479635.jpg

Not my only cross rc;)

Check out YouTube Mudder Putter (quality is vastly improving) for vids of the cross in action. I drive pretty scale.... if that’s what your into you’ll do fine. It’s no mountain goat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.., lots going on here since I last decided to follow;)

Lots of good advice..., I tried to re-read thru most of the post.

Still not purchased?

I have the cross demon .... plastic axle version. I really enjoy it, but I also understand what it is. Especially since it is not my only crawler!

It’s a fun, heavy, top heavy, scale-ish, hardbody, trailing rig, did I mention top heavy?

After seeing the tiny clock like gears in the trans, hearing weird clicking sounds in drive train; I was overjoyed to see the new improved trans. Purchased immediately...

I also did the link upgrade mod from cross rc.

I also bought the upgrade/ mod for rear shocks. I haven’t been happy with either setup. I’m currently running in the original position but with a dual rate 80mm shock. I’m stilling playing around..., I found with the mod from cross rc the rear end was sitting bum up. Maybe I’ll re-try the suspension mod/ upgrade fix with the 80mm shocks.

The other issue with the original shocks placement; it added to the appeal / look of the demon. Having the shocks in stand-up position was taking away the demon styling. It looked like every other box deleted truck on the trail.

I’m also very gentle on my trucks and very rarely ever break anything. I wouldn’t allow it to get bound up in any tough spots, the steering knuckles/ hubs make me nervous when I’m tight places.

I think if your that interested in it’s looks you’ll be happy with it.

****Hope the trans upgrade is on order as well tho. ****

As for tires.... anything will work. I would stay around 4.2 tho. In contrast to an earlier post., I’m more form over function; both if possible. I prefer smaller tires but not much smaller than 4.2 will look good with the large front wheel wells. I’d also say anything bigger is gross imo;)

I also like the venom 3s 2200 30 cell, the 50 cell is too fat. My 30 is actually getting a little fat and is a little hard to fit; so I push harder;)

05188f21bf397e1f35af0cd84802e3b1.jpg

92bda1f2e5a06b73b96ae14b1e783e53.jpg

52f8a1116423dcb23b4a129dba479635.jpg

Not my only cross rc;)

Check out YouTube Mudder Putter (quality is vastly improving) for vids of the cross in action. I drive pretty scale.... if that’s what your into you’ll do fine. It’s no mountain goat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how to tag all teh ppl that commented .. but today i made my purcahse . 549.99 for the kit . 302$ in extras such as extra bolts /servo/ esc / shock relocate kits front and rear G2 aluminum tranny and so on pretty much every upgrade possible I did get a discount. but the cart total before discount was 850USD ....locally for another 240$CAD I got a flyskygt5 and some venom 2200 3s lipo as well as a nice charger. so im about 1400-1500 in CAD .. the price is not that different any other setup I looked at ie axial traxxas anything would end up only a cpl hundred cheaper.. ive personally been in discords and seen these cross demons keep up with trx and these other rc's.. I already have some modification plans when it gets in I just hope customs doesn't hold onto it too long.

There is no way these things can be as bad as ppl say they sell out like hot cakes everywhere. personally im going to wheel mine hard . I will try to take some video when i do and throw it on youtube for you to see ..

My bad - thread is hard to follow when statements like that are made... ;-)

I had been trying to buy this rc for over a week but it was not in stock . so i only had it carted I bought it today. true though i came here to ask questions about it not be told i made the wrong choice. From the videos ive seen I dont think i made the wrong choice

Yeah I was confused on that too, but i think he put it in his 'cart' and has not pulled the trigger.

Kind of feel for the guy, he's getting beat up a little on this, but I would 'feel better' for what it's worth if he wasn't planning on it being his only rig. I could probably find something I don't like about anything, including toy trucks lol. It is funny to me how much people get hung up on certain checklist items. Most of these trucks represent what they are supposed to be fairly well, the Cross rigs aren't even at the top of 'dead accurate' so not sure I'd want to die on that hill. Would prolly go RC4WD Blazer or that new Jeep looking thing if I was pushing that envelope. Some of Cross's offerings are downright hideous (see BlazerBronco looking thing)

Only reason i plan for it to be my only rig is because im far from rich. this is already a chunky purchase. also I dont tend to collect multiple things .. like I only have one dog one pc and so on.. why i would need 5 of something is beyond me.

Only reason i plan for it to be my only rig is because im far from rich. this is already a chunky purchase. also I dont tend to collect multiple things .. like I only have one dog one pc and so on.. why i would need 5 of something is beyond me.

Yeah, totally understand. Trust me, I’m 14 and Im way far from rich too. I swore up and down and left to right my TRX4 would be my only rig. Here I am selling it to get another, not to mention the 10 ii I just bought. When I first got in this hobby, I’d sell one, buy another, sell one, buy another so on and so on. I can’t imagine only having one rig now lol. This hobby is addicting and will find a way to sneak in another truck or two. Lol.

Only reason i plan for it to be my only rig is because im far from rich.

why i would need 5 of something is beyond me.

ive built rigs for less than $100 and enjoy them just as much as my $1500 rigs and if you can swing $20 a month ive built many many rigs like that

rcs are like potato chips you cant have just 1

after 3 or 4 you will be like i want more chips

This thread reminds me of the 1:1 truck forums. Lot of guys in there ignore advice too. Some end up happy, some don't, just depends on perspective. Personally I hope you enjoy the rig and the hobby, I know it is one of the more satisfying things I've gotten into over the years.

This thread reminds me of the 1:1 truck forums. Lot of guys in there ignore advice too. Some end up happy, some don't, just depends on perspective. Personally I hope you enjoy the rig and the hobby, I know it is one of the more satisfying things I've gotten into over the years.

I'd like to get updates as to how it holds up when the OP goes out to "wheel mine hard" busted CV axles and rod ends will only be the beginning of the fun. But he showed us and did what he wanted to do by gawd! :ror:

Back