• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cross RC BC8 8x8 Build

Ok. I might reach out to see if cross-RC has a suggestion. Although they never responded to my message about the kit missing half of a specific size of screws so I'm not sure how good there customer service is.

Try the Cross RC US distributor, he's been fairly good at getting back to me but in the end he'll be asking them and relaying it back to you.

The US Cross rep is a good guy, name is Bob. Speaking of Cross, I think I read a post once asking if there was a dedicated Cross RC thread. Sounded like a good idea. As a fan I searched and came up empty handed.

The models they offer up are very nice, on the back side of a PG4A build at the moment.

Stopping to relocate to the battery, fill the current battery holder & mount with the electrics. A little house cleaning,

Anyway enjoyed the 8 x 8 build that is a big boy for sure.. Suggestion regarding the screws, op just might be better served. Checking ebay, search m2x4 m2x6 m2x8 whatever size you need
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=M3+screw+kits+&_sacat=0

Passing along a tip I received form from a crawler named durok, and used.
pep

Last edited:
Anyway enjoyed the 8 x 8 build that is a big boy for sure.. Suggestion regarding the screws, op just might be better served. Checking ebay, search m2x4 m2x6 m2x8 whatever size you need
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=M3+screw+kits+&_sacat=0

Passing along a tip I received form from a crawler named durok, and used.
pep

Hmm its been a while and I cant remember what I was talking about regarding M2's, not being able to find them easily? lol

Hmm its been a while and I cant remember what I was talking about regarding M2's, not being able to find them easily? lol

LOL it was not you , that was an fyi for the jebster. He mentioned he was missing a few screws ............. reading that, me thinks that could be taken the wrong way:lmao:

pep

LOL it was not you , that was an fyi for the jebster. He mentioned he was missing a few screws ............. reading that, me thinks that could be taken the wrong way:lmao:

pep

HA. I might be missing a few screws in many ways! :)

I did look them up on McMaster's so there is a source if cross-RC doesn't response.

I also figured out the sound system. Saw a youtube video that was the secret. With the start channel you quickly throw it to the start sound then back off. That gets the sound module to stay at an idle. Then the throttle channel does give the motor revving up and down. When you want to shut it down throw the start channel quickly in and out of the start position.

I also figured out the sound system. Saw a youtube video that was the secret. With the start channel you quickly throw it to the start sound then back off. That gets the sound module to stay at an idle. Then the throttle channel does give the motor revving up and down. When you want to shut it down throw the start channel quickly in and out of the start position.

I can get mine to start and idle, just doesnt seem to respond to throttle inputs.

I should take another look at it, its really easy to mess up if I recall correctly as theres nothing to keep you from plugging wires in with the wrong orientation.

Do you have a link to the video? I'm curious to hear how it sounds. I've tested it many times with my ear pressed up against the truck and I've always been in doubt about whether its really working or not lol

Hi guys! Have had a few months now working with the BC8. Was able to get the sound kit working properly but it really isn't loud enough which is too bad as the sounds are really great. We started off with the 2s board and it was good but today I installed the 3s board... I have to say this machine was meant for 3s. 1st gear is still slow enough for crawling, but second gear is a good quick walking speed, a perfect speed to watch it's tires move quickly over rough terrain.

Here is my question...
With the 3s option I am using the Castle 2.0 BEC with an output voltage of 7.25. Normally when you use a BEC you pull the red wire from the esc plug that goes to the rx. So I went ahead and pulled the red wire from the esc that goes to CH2 port of the BC8 light board. When I turned the whole machine on I got nothing from steering and throttle. So I went ahead, crossed my fingers and put the red wire back in and plugged it back into Ch2 in the BC8 light board. Everything worked fine. But now I have a BEC output at 7.25v installed AND the BEC in my ESC putting out 6v as well. This is not normally how you do things but this is a different beast as its wired through different boards etc. Is this correct? Thanks everyone as I would really appreciate info on the correct way to use the bec with the BC8 3s board.

Did you wire in the BEC as they show it?

nPRkBdAl.jpg

Personally I didn't trust the sound and light boards passing through the power from the BEC so I used a bypass adapter.

https://holmeshobbies.com/electroni...iring-accessories/dual-rx-bypass-adapter.html

Thanks... yes. Wired it’s all up exactly like the manual shows.
Working fine so far but I have two bec’s running! The castle 2.0 soldered to the board and the BEC voltage coming from the esc going to the light board???
I’m confused.

I theory as long as the board is designed to do this all should be fine but I really dont know the answer to that.

I've never ran a rig thats double powered (powered from ESC and BEC) but I've heard it can do odd stuff like glitching out the inputs. I would assume even when this is done its not a case of magic smoke being the outcome but just poor performance. So I would think it should be safe to at least test it. Take all that with a grain of salt though.

Thanks. Would really like to get to the bottom of it as if something does smoke, it’s not gonna be pretty inside that beast of a machine.
Like I said though, I tried pulling the red wire from the esc plug and at the same time the castle BEC soldered to the board was all wired up but I got nothing. That was my first test. So I plugged the red wire back in and everything worked.

Wonder if the 3s board BEC is just for the servos and fan on that board?

Do you have a digital multimeter? You could try testing the continuity of the circuits on the board and see where they go.

Or you could also send the question to the US distributor and maybe he can get an answer for you, I say the US distributor because he's more responsive than the actual Cross RC guys in my experience.

Thanks, that’s an idea with the multimeter. Probably would slip and fry the board though checking all those connections! :cry:

I do have an email into the Cross RC guys but haven’t heard anything.
Do you have a website or contact for the US distributor?
Thanks a million for the help here.

Great. That’s where I emailed the questions to actually so I’ll wait to hear back and make sure to get back to you with the info.

I worked up some new rear fenders with less of a drop. When stock they hang down 70 mm and I've raised it by 40mm. These were easy to snag on rocks and logs which I could just push past but I did worry about damaging them.

YxCP4tT.jpg

Compared to stock
sjeImfk.jpg

G9L7RGU.jpg

It super humid and rainy today so painting will have to come later.

I need to adjust the mounting hole positions, but once thats done I'll share it on Thingiverse.

Back