• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Finding Nemo’s new setup

So, after another round of shock tuning, adjusting, aluminum upper rear link mount and checking everything over, I had another very disappointing test session. I don’t want to sound like a whiny pants, but this set up flat out does not work. It is better than stock, marginally, but not nearly as good as a properly set up sway bar truck. The truck was very un settled. The minute I got to a steep climb, the left front wheel was up off the ground and the truck was leaning like crazy and very unstable.

My plan is to completely strip the truck down to every last nut and bolt, then build it with my daughter so she can have a truck to start getting used to. Going back to stock motor location, 4 link rear with sway bar and possibly a new body. The axial blazer body is calling me loud and clear. Just waiting for it to be in stock again.

So, again, not to bash or discredit the greats that are trying/using this set up, but for my with this truck and my terrain, this was a major flop....literally.

Ben

Went back to stock motor location, tried and true rear sway bar and the typical shock tuning. Man oh man do I love this truck now. It’s a bit too heavy because of scale junk but it’s fun to drive and predictable.

The biggest thing I like is the power train. I went with a HH trailmaster sport sealed can 27t 550 can. Hobbywing 1080 esc. I went with a 16t pinion and running 3s. I can’t get over how smooth the low speed and start up is. AND it has enough top end to be a fun trail truck. Wide open it’s a very brisk walk and will literally crawl so slow that I can watch each lug flex on the very unimpressive Pitbull growlers on the rocks. I think it’s the fact that the 550 can has more power to have a smooth startup even with higher than stock gearing. I volted up AND geared up too lol. Here’s a few pictures. It has enough wheel speed to clean out the tires.

ec6488821a7e785f7329f323e2b19b97.jpg

a3d21be5bdb914d8629f72c8d13a45f6.jpg

b1fd96cd918976efe751dea23ca7c362.jpg

c14b5bf0abea23324b714b0b78e67431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking really good. I "like". Still enjoy my Ascenders even though I got the Venture SBK. Ascenders are now pretty much 5 years old and still very capable. Obviously a good design at the start.

Thank you. I’ve had two good crawl sessions in the last couple weeks. First with my original blazer ascender that is my old faithful. Point and shoot. Just goes where I point it and gets it down. Now with Nemo running well they’re both fun to run. I’m hoping to get my full leaf sprung Jimmy out this weekend and enjoy that truck too.

Ben

Looking good. Glad you got it dialed in. I run the same motor but I run a 14t pinion. Works really well. I will have to try a 16 for trails as it is just tolerable with the 14t

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk

I really like how this came out. Those 1.55's make those tires look a lot bigger than they are.
Those are 4.1" right?

Back