• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bulldog/Mattzilla "Mountain Buggy"

More pics.

So here are the top secret body panels. This build isn't overly scale, but I had to do some scale bits just for fun. The panels are fit to the tubework...nice and clean.

And then they are held on by magnets from the back side...hence the thin plates on the chassis.

And then, the faux panel bolts finish the effect. This is just a scrap piece of plastic...but you get the idea. RC4WD 2mm hexes, cut down so they are flush with the back of the panel.

No need for windshield wipers. I figured I would make them disappear before someone on here called me out!

This is one of those harbor freight finds that I really like. It's like a dremel, but slower and underpowered. Great for doing body work where you don't want your tool to get away from you. I think it was like 9 bucks! One of my favorite finds.

First coat of filler.

That's it for now. Thanks for looking. New shocks on the way. 8)

Thanks guys. Cory, here is the bit. I don't know if this came with the harbor freight kit or not. I've got so many dremel bits it's not even funny. I have a similar bit that is actually a dremel bit, but on close inspection, it's a little stronger of a tooth pattern. In general, the bit in the underpowered rotary tool will bog down instead of chewing up what you're working on. That's why I like it. And for 9-12 bucks, you can't go wrong. Here are the pics.8)

Is this thing running or what? Been slackin?

Me slackin? Hell no! I'm the fastest builder on the site!:lmao:

Long story short, sold a project and parts raped the buggy. Vanquish has had some issues over the holidays and I'm waiting for new axle parts and wheel options from some vendors. I could do some body work possibly this week...it's supposed to be warm in San Diego. Don't worry, I'll have it done by next Christmas!8)

Sick build brother, love that style of Jeep buggy. Looking forward to the finished project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well that is an awesome Jeep, the Jeep guy inside me wants to point out that the Jeep you are building is not exactly like the Jeep in the picture. The 1:1 is a TJ front end. (97-06) and the grille on the RC is a 07-present.

that being said, I would totally love to have one. the rc or 1:1.

Good eye sailor! They should have you looking for icebergs on the Titanic.:lmao:

I never intended to make this a clone of the 1:1 I wanted a fun 2.2 rig to build and I've had that picture in my head for years, ever since I first saw it. The overall look was what I was going for. I researched the Mountain buggy and didn't dig the lines in the back, so if you've seen it, you'll see it's not close at all. All in all, it will end up pretty sharp once I get back on it. Thanks for looking! Greg

Anyone remember this rig?

Update. I've been working hard on another big project, so this had to wait, but I got a little time on it today. The shop pics are horrible. Sorry about that.

Painted the hood. Of course, paint woes. It's not a showpiece, so I'm not concerned. After a few coats it actually got a little better. I may do some wet sanding to buff it out.

The lexan side panels have a bunch of residue from the painter's tape. That will go away. The paint is on the backside.

Here you can see the scale bolts in the side panels. They will attach by magnets on the backside.

The goody box...just waiting. TOP SHELF from VP, Supershafty, Carterfab, etc. Just need to throw it all together.

Should have another update by Christmas! Greg:shock:

Looking good man! I've beet waiting to see an update lol. Looking forward to the next one too!! "thumbs up"

Small update:

So I went to glue the magnets on the backside of the panels and the shoe goo (specifically amazing goop) ate through the paint! No Bueno! i used Krylon fusion on the lexan. I've never had that problem before. Hmmm.

Didn't matter much because the sheen of the lexan was too shiny for the panel compared to the hood, so I repainted the outside and mounted them up. they look great and aren't going anywhere.

That's it for now!8)

Well,

I finally got this back as a roller. It's been too long! Nothing we haven't seen before. Just to keep this thread going.

More updates soon. I need to get some new shocks from supershafty and some sexier wheels and tires from Lucked up.8) Greg

Back