• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bulldog/Mattzilla "Mountain Buggy"

Small update...While Lue has his backlog in full swing, I started on getting my wheels and tires situated. But first I had to get my bomb proof tranny sorted. Top shelf all the way. Rick at Supershafty set me up real nice.

So I thought I would use some old wheely king wheels. It turns out that the bolt pattern is exactly the same as the locked up rc rings.
And they looked killer mounted

The only problem is the wheels wouldn't hold a bead and the plastic screw holes just wanted to strip.
I have the actual locked up wheels to go with these, I just liked the width of the Wheely kings and the pitbulls.

That's all for now. More later.:afro:

So, the mountain buggy chassis is done. Just waiting for the powdercoater. We integrated a lot of interesting bits into this build. Some are top secret until the next update! 8)

I demand a lot from Lue sometimes and he always puts up with my lunacy! These are obviously rough shop pics, but it's an update nonetheless. The stinger looks crazy long, but the hood is touching the front winch tubes.

Horrible shot, but this chassis is SQUARE! Down to the 1/16. Everything fits like a glove.

Here's the top secret part. We fabbed some panels for the inside of the chassis. What? Why? Top secret. Greg making Lue crazy.

No updates for a few more weeks until I get the chassis back from powdercoating. Thanks for looking. Greg

Teaser pic!

I got the chassis back from Lue and it looks great. I've been wanting to build this rig for years! And this is going to be my personal rig. I can't wait to get it rolling. I'll try to get some chassis shots this week. Til then...

Thanks LUE!

It's coming soon. Stay glued to your computer. Don't go to work, don't turn on the TV, don't hop on the treadmill...you may miss the update!:lmao:

The parts are here, the chassis is here, and Dancing with the stars is on. Don't rush me.;-)

:lmao:Soooooo....Ive been up almost 24 hrs now hittin the refresh button and no update!:lmao:

Here's a little teaser update. Pretty pics showing the lines. I've said it before, when Lue and I build a chassis, we build it Square. We take tight tolerances to a new level. I challenge you to find a set of lines that isn't damned near PERFECT! It takes a lot of time, but when it's finished, it's worth it. Here are the pics.

You'll see a lot of odd mounts on the chassis. Those will make sense later in the build.

Integrated CMS/Panhard setup

Look at that symmetry! You'd never imagine this kind of precision with the number of Bud lights we crushed!

That's it for now. Family coming in for the weekend. Maybe some more teaser pics Friday, but we'll pick this up next week. Thanks for looking. Greg8)

Update!
I got a chance to wrench on this thing a little. Here are some pics.

All buckled in. I'm digging the ride height right here.

CMS and Panhard worked out perfectly. Flex in all directions and no bump steer.

Fabbed up a quick battery tray. The battery will sit tight to the spur cover about as low as it can go.

Wraith interior. I'll end up doing a custom dash.

I fabbed up a little "Bed" for the rear to hold my fuel cell. Mocked up in paper then transferred to ABS.

That's it for now. I took it for a shakedown and it's really nice. Just need to figure out my shock setup. Not a big fan of the wraith shocks. The performance is perfect though. Hmmmmm.:roll: Greg

Back