• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bulldog/Mattzilla "Mountain Buggy"

Bulldog

I wanna be Dave
As if I need another build on my list!!! I've wanted to build this jeep since I saw it a few years back. It's not going to be a direct replica, but something similar. Lue (Mattzilla) has always worked with me and my picky ideas for what I wanted to do.

Specs...the good stuff.
Wraith VP Axles
Supershafty bomb proof tranny
Tekin brushless/MM Pro
Blah Blah Blah...top shelf.

So here we go.
The inspiration. You've probably seen it in the background of a bunch of builds. It's really hard to find other pictures. I have some, but this is about all I need.

At the end of day one we had a start. Then the overthinking starts!
Mocking up the rest of the tubes. Magnets are your friends (and enemies)
Round one with the shock hoops poking through the hood like the 1:1 with a Dynamic concepts hood.

Getting the door lines and the rear lined up.

What the what?

The shock hoops had to go, along with the hood. I had to have the detail of the JK. Also getting the top tubes in. Mocked up...certainly not staying this high.

That's it for now. Thanks for looking!

I must say im a fan! whats the width diff between that body and the new bright? You may have made up my mind on the next build!

Yours! lol mine is on hold as well! So much to do in so little time!

NO MATTER WHAT LOU U STILL THE MAN! Keep em rockin out

Rest assured...these pics are old! I haven't posted them until now. Lue is surely working on your rigs. I'm the one on the back burner! This rig won't be updated for a while. Plenty of time for Lue to tig up a wonder for you. I'm still in the "staring at it for weeks" stage before I send it back to him.8)

I must say im a fan! whats the width diff between that body and the new bright? You may have made up my mind on the next build!

Pm me and remind me to check that for you. It's fairly close...but definitely different.8)

Rest assured...these pics are old! I haven't posted them until now. Lue is surely working on your rigs. I'm the one on the back burner! This rig won't be updated for a while. Plenty of time for Lue to tig up a wonder for you. I'm still in the "staring at it for weeks" stage before I send it back to him.8)

Excuses, excuses! :flipoff:

I'll be watching this build, you and Lue know what's up!

I posted these in the wraith build by accident.:lmao:

For those interested...here is the difference between the new bright jeep hood and the Dynamic concepts rubi hood. It's essentially the same at the windshield and wider at the front. Here are some pics.

As all good scale rigs...this will have a CMS and panhard setup. Here is how I did the CMS with an integrated panhard mount.
Marked out the steel and started drilling the holes.

Cut out the space for the servo

The dremel got a little crazy on me. I cleaned it up. You'll never know when it's all said and done.

More updates soon.

So I did some tinkering and tuning on the chassis and sent it back to LUE for some final details and finish welds. Here are some pics showing some of the clean lines and symmetry we shoot for when building a chassis.
More updates later! Thanks for looking. 8)

You're the man!!! Just for you, I am putting MRC axles under my 1/6 tj I got.....:flipoff:

Seriously though. Very very sweet build!!!! I'm subscribed"thumbsup"

You're the man!!! Just for you, I am putting MRC axles under my 1/6 tj I got.....:flipoff:

Seriously though. Very very sweet build!!!! I'm subscribed"thumbsup"

I'll see how the ar-60s look. I can always add wideners and longer wheel hubs.:lmao: Lue tells me he has other guys in line first, so I should be hearing something by mid february. ;-)

I'll see how the ar-60s look. I can always add wideners and longer wheel hubs.:lmao: Lue tells me he has other guys in line first, so I should be hearing something by mid february. ;-)

Feb seems a little early dont it:lmao:

Back