• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Auction 1.9 Brute benefit build 4 Briansbodies w/ RPP Hobby, RC4WD,& CrawlerGraphics

Somebodies been busy today!

A little inspiration and a boost of energy after yesterdays crawl?:twisted:

You bet! I needed that. It also got the gears turning on some other vehicles I would like to build but I need to finish this one first!!!!

OK so I got the buckets mounted up on the frame. its looking good, but TOO TALL for my liking. I am going to drop the body 3/8s of an inch to lower the body and get rid of the gap between the bottom of the grill and the frame. Have a look: (you can see the coil bucket and the gap up front.
P1000786.jpg

Thanks guys! Yea that gap between the grill and the frame annoyed me greatly. I need to get some styrene and work on the Psuedo Brute bed....if thats the consensus.

Last edited:
Well I found something a little extra when I went to get the mail today.:shock:...Looks like the RC4WD elves paid me a visit.8)
winch 002.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys this is gonna look great mounted to the front of the Brute!"thumbsup"

-Brian

DSC_2508_d.jpg

Yes, do the Brute bed.

I want to, and I am pretty sure I can easily fab up a Brute bed, but one issue I have is that the Brute bed looks a bit funny without the hard top, The upper rim of the bed is actually ~3-inches taller than the upper rim of the half-cab. You can see it in the picture above if you emagine that the top was removed from the truck....so do I have to try to build a Brute Hard top too? :( LOL!

Well I found something a little extra when I went to get the mail today.:shock:...Looks like the RC4WD elves paid me a visit.8)
View attachment 120290

Thanks a bunch guys this is gonna look great mounted to the front of the Brute!"thumbsup"

-Brian

Awesome! Thanks SOOOOO MUCH RC4WD! Please support these guys. They make amazing parts!

Verne you got skills my man! When can I out my bid in on this?? :mrgreen:

I want to, and I am pretty sure I can easily fab up a Brute bed, but one issue I have is that the Brute bed looks a bit funny without the hard top, The upper rim of the bed is actually ~3-inches taller than the upper rim of the half-cab. You can see it in the picture above if you emagine that the top was removed from the truck....so do I have to try to build a Brute Hard top too? :( LOL!

Awesome! Thanks SOOOOO MUCH RC4WD! Please support these guys. They make amazing parts!

Lowslow,

You are correct it does look goofy (see below picture).. I wonder if there is a way to just make it a shorter bed..

DSC_3934_d.jpg

It would look better to make the cab match the bed. If you shorten the bed it would look odd. But bringing the back of the cab up to match the bed would blend better.

Thanks for all the posts. I have a few thoughts I would like toss out there. I am thinking I will 1) lower the upper lip of the bed to match the cab height. I also thought of making the bed 2) shorter front to rear for less overhang and also want to 3) dovetail the bed for clearance. What do you all think about that!

Corey, I am not sure when to start the bidding.....Soon though!

Thanks for all the posts. I have a few thoughts I would like toss out there. I am thinking I will 1) lower the upper lip of the bed to match the cab height. I also thought of making the bed 2) shorter front to rear for less overhang and also want to 3) dovetail the bed for clearance. What do you all think about that!
If you are going to make the bed that small, why not do a flatbed? A guy that used to work for AEV built a small flatbed for his.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmmm, I do like that flat bed, but I think I will make a smaller dovetailed Brute bed.

So far today I went to get supplies for the bed and also made these coil spacers. They are made out ofd 3/8ths aluminum rods and use adjustment rings from some spare SCX-10 shocks. Now the owner can pre-load the springs if they want:

P1000792.jpg

P1000794.jpg

The dovetailed flat bed looks great. Also the suspension work you have done is fantastic "thumbsup"

This thing up for bid yet? Think my wife is going to end up mad at me.....again.

Back