• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Auction 1.9 Brute benefit build 4 Briansbodies w/ RPP Hobby, RC4WD,& CrawlerGraphics

I really like the pics of the flat bed! Thanks for posting all the pics guys!"thumbsup"
I like the idea of dove tailing the bed and then adding some real nice roll cage and spare tire carrier, maybe tying it into the rear bumper somehow What do you think?

Verne the front spring mounts and adjusters are sick! Great work my friend...too bad I won't be able to afford this beast!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I am surprising myself with this one.

OK here is an update.... The mini bed is done. I made bed sides:
P1000799.jpg

P1000803.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures....I will blame the beer.

....but when I was done with them the dovetail just did not feel right....so I went with this:

P1000812.jpg

P1000814.jpg

thoughts....coments....concerns?????

I was just going to say after seeing the pics it looks great just the way it is and not to dove tail it...LOL! Glad you didn't! Looks super Verne...we need to get you out crawling more often.:mrgreen:

The ride height looks good to. How does it flex with those shocks?

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I am not sure exactly when we will start the bidding, but I will post up here in advance once we get a bit further along. I will then post the bidding thread!

anyways. here are some more pics of the bed....its not quite done, but close.
P1000815.jpg

P1000816.jpg

Man you work fast!:shock: What are you thinking for the tube work in the bed?

Not sure what I will do in the bed just yet. any one have any suggestions? I have thought about just doing down bars and also making a square cage that fills out the bed?

Not sure what I will do in the bed just yet. any one have any suggestions? I have thought about just doing down bars and also making a square cage that fills out the bed?
I do like the square cage idea or maybe the bars going down to the bumper with no tailgate and adding some support bars to attach to the bedsides?

Bed looks awesome man.. WOW! I hope the wallet is full enough to win this one. As for the cage in the back, I think a strait down to the corner look is a good idea with cross bracing between the two sides. That way the bed is still "useable" for gear and a spare.

Thanks again all!

Here is some more on the rear cage: I am going for something some what utilitarian on the bed cage.
P1000817.jpg

P1000818.jpg

P1000821.jpg

P1000822.jpg

what do you all think?

Since you are going that route, then a spreader across the back hoops to tie them together and then another 2 from the middle hoop to said spreader....

Since you are going that route, then a spreader across the back hoops to tie them together and then another 2 from the middle hoop to said spreader....

Oh yea!! i am not done with it....just dont want to get to far into it if everyone hates it. I have some plans for adding more structural tube for sure! :)

Back