• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Right on Redcat's own website, under the parts listings, you'll find it listed as "0.6 Mod" that being said, I've had no issues running 48p pinions for 3 or 4 years on the stock spur, and if you change pinion/spur as a set, you can run any pitch you want.

I've acquired the parts to do my first real mods on my first real RC, here goes nothing! I'm about to do a water break in on a new 35T RC4WD Crawler motor and then I'll start tearing her apart to...swap the motor, install new all metal transmission gears, new aluminum connect boxes front and back (and grease, there really isn't ANY grease in those axles?!), and I have to replace half of the rear axle case because I stripped out a plastic screw hole. Pretty basic and I think everything is plug and play but we'll see!

Thank you to everyone on this thread before me, a very helpful and generous community!

I've acquired the parts to do my first real mods on my first real RC, here goes nothing! I'm about to do a water break in on a new 35T RC4WD Crawler motor and then I'll start tearing her apart to...swap the motor, install new all metal transmission gears, new aluminum connect boxes front and back (and grease, there really isn't ANY grease in those axles?!), and I have to replace half of the rear axle case because I stripped out a plastic screw hole. Pretty basic and I think everything is plug and play but we'll see!

Thank you to everyone on this thread before me, a very helpful and generous community!
Did you get the spools intended for a SCX10 or the Redcat/HSP spools?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you get the spools intended for a SCX10 or the Redcat/HSP spools?

I bought the Redcat 180009 (aluminum connect box w/gear) x 2 and dropped them right in, added some marine grease, no problems!
I took the tranny apart and went to put in the new metal gears only to discover that I have a set of metal gears for an Axial Scx10...they don't quite work but oh so close! I have the correct gears on the way now.
35T motor installed easy peasy, but with that has come some new torque twist that I didn't have to worry about with the stock motor, at least I don't have to wait for my truck to catch up with me when walking from one obstacle to the next!

Triangulate the suspension links and it will help. Standing ther shocks more upright as well and you'll eliminate it.

Triangulate the suspension links and it will help. Standing ther shocks more upright as well and you'll eliminate it.

Thanks! I did mount some extensions to stand the shocks up a bit and it has helped. I have just started reading as much as I can about suspension setups, as someone new to the hobby who also has no experience with 1:1 vehicles I am...overwhelmed. Gonna start playing with springs, shock oils, limiters, and whatever else comes along to get this little lady as capable as I can. I am so glad I went with this rig for my first, I'm learning alot, having fun, and already planning a budget for a full build (so many great looking scale kits coming out, going to be tough to choose one!).

Are you wondering about EVG133M01? It certainly looks like it should fit (gen 7 and Everest 10 skid plates are the same). That being said, if you are replacing your skid, I'd recommend one that moves the lower link mounts more centrally.

Is there a skid that you can reccomend? I'm pretty new to crawling and will probably have a lot of questions down the road.

i would recomend a skid but i dont want to get anyone in trouble maybe sead man will list his skid on ebay or something and do the e10 comunity a flavor
or you could fling bat poo out the window and make your own chassie

Back