• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Does that include shaving the steering bump-stops and raising the steering drag link? Those mods make a big difference even with the dogbones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, you would need to do those mods to see any advantage from the CVDs over the dogbones. Even with this, from what I've read, the CVDs don't allow much more steering angle than the dogbones before they break.

Can anyone tell me what would be a good choice as far as aftermarket drive shafts?
did you upgrade the motor at all

i use steel shafts every chance i get my e10 uses the cheapO set i found on ebay for around $10 its the D shaped shafts for rigs with more power i run gds racing shafts they seem stronge enuff

but for big power i run mips there isent anything stronger that i know of but its not needed on modestly powered rigs
i say find some you like at a price you like and run them its a e10 the cases will split befor the shafts break

Yeep I'm running a 27t brushed motor on 3s lipos. I'm looking at some heavy duty steel shafts that are listed as being for a axial wraith,will these fit and what lenght would you recommend.

I just bought mine last week from Amazon Canada. 200$ CAD with shipping included.
Very happy.

I went online to Aliexpress and purchased some spare parts such as steering blocks, shafts and the HSP lockers. I cannot wait to try the truck out.

By the way, does anyone know the range of the radio? Is it a full range 2.4?

Couldn't give you an exact range, but I haven't had any issues with range. As a crawler I generally am not running it too far away from me, but I've had them out a few hundred feet without an issue.

Couldn't give you an exact range, but I haven't had any issues with range. As a crawler I generally am not running it too far away from me, but I've had them out a few hundred feet without an issue.
I have went 200 feet no problems with 3 different red cats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I just received mine and straight out of the box this truck is fun. I guess they changed the ESC as mine has a low-voltage shut off. I did order a low voltage Lipo Alarm just in case.

I thought at first I was not going to upgrade any parts but..... I wanted same spares just in case I broke something and ended up with this as an order:

Low voltage Alarm
Metal Aluminum Alloy Connect Box w/Gear 38T 180009
4Pcs Metal Steel Drive Shaft Left / Right HSP 18007 18008
Metal Universal Drive Shaft CVD 103-148mm Duty For HSP Pangolin 18027
11144 Motor Gear 14T & screws
2Pcs 18006 HSP Pangolin Part Accessories Steering Arm (L/R)
18004 RC 1:10 Caster Mounts 4P For HSP 94180 4WD Rock Crawler Pangolin
RC HSP 94180 1/10 Rock Crawler Aluminum 12mm 180016 Wheel Hex
Axial 27t motor

Oh well.... it's Christmas after all.

My second outing with the Everest 10.

It does have a tendency to flip over. I had to watch the angles when crawling parallel to the slope.

81216455_1604824479657776_5615635792098492416_n.jpg

80475371_1604824509657773_6069826844188737536_n.jpg

80077654_1604824539657770_7127006694474776576_n.jpg

80022107_1604824582991099_1291183837669228544_n.jpg

I'm thinking of removing the spacers on the shocks and placing the battery underneath the battery tray. I have a 5200mah... it's very long.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I red through the whole 55 pages but I'll have to go back and re-read. So much info.

I tried putting my battery below the battery tray but it won't work as is. My 2s Lipo is the exact length of the battery tray and won't fit because of the motor. I'll have to try a smaller battery or find another idea.

I red through the whole 55 pages but I'll have to go back and re-read. So much info.

I tried putting my battery below the battery tray but it won't work as is. My 2s Lipo is the exact length of the battery tray and won't fit because of the motor. I'll have to try a smaller battery or find another idea.

i have 4 18650s mounted on the front lower links

i dont remeber if you can just lower the battery tray or not i think you can but youwould need to drill some new holes better yet pick up a better chassie and call it a day

I just purchased another part.... I guess once you start, you don't stop:)

Integy 2.2 roll cage. I saw some posts about this on the forum.. and wow it looks great.

I just purchased another part.... I guess once you start, you don't stop:)

Integy 2.2 roll cage. I saw some posts about this on the forum.. and wow it looks great.

That was one of the first things I did to mine and its unreal.
Still trying to tame the torque twist though:roll:

I recommend modifying your skid plate or buying a different one to triangulate your lower links. It makes a big difference in reducing torque twist.

Back