• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

I'm using 35T and 3S lipo (smaller pinion though).

running 3s on the 1040? do you have external bec? i still have my bec that i havent installed, and i was going to get the 35t but not sure if i need it, as im looking for strictly tourqe upgrade rather than speed since i could care less how fast it goes

running 3s on the 1040? do you have external bec? i still have my bec that i havent installed, and i was going to get the 35t but not sure if i need it, as im looking for strictly tourqe upgrade rather than speed since i could care less how fast it goes
The WP1040/AE5 isn't that sensitive. Not like the Axial/Castle AE2 that would nearly always fail if you ran 3S without a bec. But a bec is still recommended. If you have it you may as well use it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had been using 3S without a BEC on the 1040 without any issues for months. This was with a fair amount of weight added to the front and a mildly upgraded steering radius and servo. After further upgrading my steering and servo, I started running into some heat issues/glitching with the ESC. I added a small 2S lipo to power the servo (could use a BEC instead if desired).

Last edited:
Alright for those swapping to axial housings. The tip of the input shaft rides on the plastic gear case. You can file the back of the pinion down to fit, you may need to take some material out of the housing as well. I did not do that however. I tried using just the axial pinion on the axial input shaft and it was better, but the gear mesh is slightly different. The eclip on the axial pinion is recessed back so it won't ride on anything. The ring gear in the everest is slightly taller and the pitch is different. I ended up with complete scx10 axles. $30 for the ring and pinion parts. My original e10 only had some bearings, the knuckles, servo, and some links remaining lol
e6a8b4f10a5072225ff4d5a29e344093.jpg
8332227b59182f00d941d4be87501ea8.jpg
aa100a76b3f18615e62f87722e7fc439.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Has anyone found a front bumper that fits the E10? I see the holes on the bottom of the axle case, and was just wondering. I tend to catch on the axle case alot, and was wanting something to help stop it from happening.

most people shave them spots off I havent done that yet toy everest 10 or my maxstone but will be soon I do know the long center one one the bottom needs to be filled with epoxy as it opens up to the inside of the ae

most people shave them spots off I havent done that yet toy everest 10 or my maxstone but will be soon I do know the long center one one the bottom needs to be filled with epoxy as it opens up to the inside of the ae

not if you shave it down correctly

not if you shave it down correctly
Stump1 is correct. I have 2 Everest 10s. 3 asked went prefect. Then, I got too confident on the last one and shaved too much off. Now, I'll have to fix it. Just take your time and pay attention to how much you're taking off.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

bc1d3ebc26dc8ff68ebd899920d8cf77.jpg
56d6ad9bbc03cba2705947a85104e852.jpg
daeb06ce16e7b6b520056a6d3c3aad0d.jpg

My E10 with Chevy pickup truck or what's left of it lol also 35t motor ,wheel spacers and axial wraith tires plus 1060 hobby wing ESC running on 2s lipo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bc1d3ebc26dc8ff68ebd899920d8cf77.jpg
56d6ad9bbc03cba2705947a85104e852.jpg
daeb06ce16e7b6b520056a6d3c3aad0d.jpg

My E10 with Chevy pickup truck or what's left of it lol also 35t motor ,wheel spacers and axial wraith tires plus 1060 hobby wing ESC running on 2s lipo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
What size of wheel spacers did you use?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

for the CVDs I used
Hot Racing Axial AX10 Scorpion SCX10 Scale Truck Steel CV Set SSCX288
These were direct fit assuming you're also using 2nd half of the above mentioned Axial diff case and locker set in the front axle.

-

has anyone else tried this before? i just did and messed up a new pair of HR lockouts trying to sand them down for the mounting screws to line up, should i have shaved the axle plastic instead?

You could also slot the holes in the lockout. I've done it on a set of stock scx10 lockouts. I don't think they are that far off so it was easy to slot the holes.

I used a file, on mine and took my time, very time consuming but worth it.

that looks great, you filed the plastic off the axle? could you explain thanks
as of now im running the wraith lockouts since the holes line up perfect, they are just too long to fit so i put a spacer between cup and bearing. prob wont last long which is why im looking into modding the scx10 ones to fit.

No, I filed down the lockout it self. After filing down the nubs to slide lockout on. It's doesn't take much. Just go slow and keep test fitting so you don't over do it.

They lockouts are strc and axles are strc stainless steel both for scx10, I had to get scx10 bearings for the lockouts. Since the redcat outer diameter was to small.

Back