• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

I did 4 wheel steer for a bit and I wasn't a fan. I do like a bit more realistic handling

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

You can search the HSP "connect box" on ebay or Aliexpress.com. They will be aluminium, direct replacement, and much tougher. Or, you can use use the Axial lockers with minor fitting.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I have on order redcat everest 10 just won't to know we're I can get different lockers for my truck

You can get Redcat metal lockers from the official site or ebay. Epoxy works (haven't tried it) and Axial lockers work ( I did that before I knew about the Redcat brand)

Hi everyone!! I have been lingering here for a few months. I am a slow reader and have gotten to page 20 or so, but havent seen anything about tranny gears or axial tranny replacement(maybe I did but wasnt concerned about it till now).. I have had 2 E10's for about a month now. One for my son, who has down syndrome, and one for me. Hoping that he would really get into it and we would get out more so I can get him some exercise.
I am modding mine and leaving his stock for the moment so I can compare(except for the 27t motors I put in both,lol. I am ordering 2 sets of everything, because he is going to want to be like me, when he figures it out...
Anyway, mods I have done are few. I moved the rear shocks to the outsides, put 2 of those spring spacers on the left rear shock to help with torque twist, and bought 2, 2s lipos.
The other day, I went to the tire store and bought a bunch of wheel weights. I ended up putting 3/4 of a pound in EACH wheel, front and back. So total added weight is 3 pounds.. DOH! I knew something would break..
Turns out the spur gear went ZING the first time I took it in the rocks. So I ordered this Spur/pinon set| eBay
Its says its for everest/maxstone etc.. but its a 22t pinon. and I am thinking it wont fit because the motor is so close to the side frame?
If I keep the weights, I am going to be breaking whatever is the next weak point in the drivetrain, the tranny gears I assume.
Has anyone installed an ax10 tranny? The seller on ebay said that 2 of the mounting holes match but the other 2 dont. I have never had anything axial, this is my first crawler and dont know if this can be made to fit by just drilling 2 new holes or making some sort of bracket?
Anyone done this?
I will have tons more questions but done for now. Just hoping this spur/pinon combo I ordered will work.
I am sorry I didnt read this entire thread, just too much for me. Not enough time being that I take care of my son fulltime.
Thank you all for the info. I am glad this thread is here.
Blind

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! I have been lingering here for a few months. I am a slow reader and have gotten to page 20 or so, but havent seen anything about tranny gears or axial tranny replacement(maybe I did but wasnt concerned about it till now).. I have had 2 E10's for about a month now. One for my son, who has down syndrome, and one for me. Hoping that he would really get into it and we would get out more so I can get him some exercise.
I am modding mine and leaving his stock for the moment so I can compare(except for the 27t motors I put in both,lol. I am ordering 2 sets of everything, because he is going to want to be like me, when he figures it out...
Anyway, mods I have done are few. I moved the rear shocks to the outsides, put 2 of those spring spacers on the left rear shock to help with torque twist, and bought 2, 2s lipos.
The other day, I went to the tire store and bought a bunch of wheel weights. I ended up putting 3/4 of a pound in EACH wheel, front and back. So total added weight is 3 pounds.. DOH! I knew something would break..
Turns out the spur gear went ZING the first time I took it in the rocks. So I ordered this Spur/pinon set| eBay
Its says its for everest/maxstone etc.. but its a 22t pinon. and I am thinking it wont fit because the motor is so close to the side frame?
If I keep the weights, I am going to be breaking whatever is the next weak point in the drivetrain, the tranny gears I assume.
Has anyone installed an ax10 tranny? The seller on ebay said that 2 of the mounting holes match but the other 2 dont. I have never had anything axial, this is my first crawler and dont know if this can be made to fit by just drilling 2 new holes or making some sort of bracket?
Anyone done this?
I will have tons more questions but done for now. Just hoping this spur/pinon combo I ordered will work.
I am sorry I didnt read this entire thread, just too much for me. Not enough time being that I take care of my son fulltime.
Thank you all for the info. I am glad this thread is here.
Blind

not sure bout the gears but with that much weight ill assume the plastic lockers in the axles will go aswell I ha e the maxstone 10 same basic truck an have an e10 on the way on my maxstone think I used an older hpi spur gear an a 15 tooth pinion gear think I have read some where in this post that the axial internal gears wont fit u can get the metal lockers on ebay for bout 11bucks

I can't remember if i read it here or on the Redcat Crawler Facebook page, but it has been said that the Axial and Redcat transmission gears are interchangeable.

not sure bout the gears but with that much weight ill assume the plastic lockers in the axles will go aswell I ha e the maxstone 10 same basic truck an have an e10 on the way on my maxstone think I used an older hpi spur gear an a 15 tooth pinion gear think I have read some where in this post that the axial internal gears wont fit u can get the metal lockers on ebay for bout 11bucks
Yeah, I ordered 2 sets of those axial "iron cross" lockers and figured I would be putting them in the diffs sooner than this, but I, and my boy havent stripped any stock diffs yet,,, Go figure..

I know ppl have added scx10 super clutches fairly easy!

I will have to google that, dont know what that is. I think it is directed at me? lol

I can't remember if i read it here or on the Redcat Crawler Facebook page, but it has been said that the Axial and Redcat transmission gears are interchangeable.

I have read that someone has replaced 2 of the gears from an axial but the third is wrong for some reason.. Cant remember.

Thank you all.

Weird thing.. I flat spotted a few places on this plastic stock spur gear, so I meshed the spur and pinon REALLY tight together.. Ran a 2s 5000mah battery through it with no problems..
Uhg.. The instructions say not to tighten them too much, something with a piece of paper... So, what do you guys think will happen if I continue to run it like this? Just waste my spur some more? or will it burn out the esc or motor?
The motor got barely warm, the esc is cool to the touch, so IDK.
Oh, and about that 22t pinon i ordered, I really dont think it is going to fit because of the motor clearance, but I am thinking I can make some spacers for the bottom plate to give me a bit more room on the motor side to fit larger pinons?
OR
I could take out the bottom plate and turn it 180, drill new holes for tranny mount a bit closer to the opposite side( i might be able to get 2mm out of it)?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I will have to google that, dont know what that is. I think it is directed at me? lol.

Yup! It's basically two pads on the spur gear that will slip when you're under a high load.

7e0a1aa75bbf1ec0ef6e1b11bc506686.jpg

After reading what I posted about turning the bottom plate 180, I think I will just order an all aluminum tranny from an ax10 or scx10 and drill the new holes for THAT tranny.
The tranny I am looking at has aluminum case and all aluminum gears inside for $40 bucks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111803679087

Still running with my MASHED together spur and pinion.. no slippage yet. Still have the 3 pounds of weights too..
No problems with diffs either..
And I drive like a crazy man..
Hmm?

Just got mine today! Have not even ran it yet, looking into the free and cheap mods. My first crawler, pretty excited.

Back