• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Which is better, x trail chassis or scx10?
I'd like to know what others think as well. I'm thinking of buying an scx10 chassis and transfer all the drive train and electronics from the e10. I have some aluminum 100mm shocks and 1.9 treps to go on also. Plus a proline bronco body.
dfe7aa1a9041eb6c86ed90ce4ca48cde.jpg

d6827b187f5498e9d5ee7eeeab157b07.jpg

So I was thinking cheap again (surprise I know), and wondering if the chassis could be cut on the white lines to keep the bottom and make 4 shock towers, and add a long piece of aluminum or delrin cutting board (red) to make your own scale chassis? Cross members would be needed (delrin/aluminum) for strengthening of course.

Last edited:
what an open ended question, haha.

yes it can be done, but to what end?
will it be the best solution? of course not but that does not make a difference.
if you are making parts out of delrin and aluminum, what benefit from keeping part of the original chassis?

doing it for the sake of doing it is a good enough reason, but some children can only be loved by their mothers.

why do you think I don't show my builds? I make my own chassis, links, shock mounts (when I use shocks),
servo mounts, etc. ugly but they work quite well.
compared with pamyers' and jeepiac's rigs, mine are wall flowers or more like wall stains.

Chassis rails are only about $30. Why go to all that effort. Buy the rails then make the stock skid fit and make your own braces. Or buy the ax10 to scx10 conversion kit for about $60-$70.

So far this thing impresses me every time I take it out in the rocks. Flex is insane (I removed the front shock spacers and left the rears in), tires work pretty darn well.
I wish I could get the battery lower and the CG as well, but it isn't bad. The more you run it the better the shocks work.

So far I changed out the motor to a 27T to get more wheel speed, which worked perfect.
Weighted the wheels and star cut the foams. Also trimmed the stops to get more steering angle, but you will hit the springs at full lock.

So far this thing impresses me every time I take it out in the rocks. Flex is insane (I removed the front shock spacers and left the rears in), tires work pretty darn well.
I wish I could get the battery lower and the CG as well, but it isn't bad. The more you run it the better the shocks work.

So far I changed out the motor to a 27T to get more wheel speed, which worked perfect.
Weighted the wheels and star cut the foams. Also trimmed the stops to get more steering angle, but you will hit the springs at full lock.
Set your end point adjustment so it doesn't hit anything or you will end up killing your servo.

I put a 17t motor in. Way to fast for crawling with very little low speed control. Stepped up to a 3s lipo and fried the ESC and motor. ESC was stuck on full throttle which caused the truck to bounce off a wall and break a rear axle. Now I have lockouts and stainless axles in back and cvds up front. And a dynamite ESC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

434eb10303a7169f62326517355db980.jpg

This was my solution to in boarding the lower links. Used threaded rod. I had to buy 100 nuts so I just use them to space everything out. There is very little torque twist now and it crawls much better.

I went ahead with the scx10 chassis and put all the redcat drive train and electronics in it. With exception of the motor, I went with an axial 27t, just couldn't put that slow thing back in. I had to slot the scx10 skid quite a bit to fit the transmission. But it bolted up tight so I think it will be fine. I used the redcat aluminum links and the wb came out to be 12.5". For the upper links I just turned the rodends so the curved link was inline with the frame. Also added some washers to adjust the pinion angle. For the lower links I just had to swap the pivot balls on one end if each link because they had really thick flanges that were to wide. I swapped them with axial plastic pivot balls. I then added 100mm aluminum shocks from ebay. I am putting a Proline Bronco body on it, just need to paint and it will be done. Over all it was a really simple build, and I think my daughter will enjoy it more as She wanted one like my Deadbolt
95459136b3dc9651954045d7510ecbd4.jpg

3585c769ef8c5309f1602886aab976e7.jpg

d98dbde0cf03860a824cfd817ce646af.jpg

5992a33f4de33fb60379b9ee8b393113.jpg

6967203e8dd9082a166762a3a44155ee.jpg

bf8beaf0a88b1ce70ae7f0e1d7f042f2.jpg

270a3eb3697a42121c293b80c5d16c7d.jpg

67fb394eb851351236b866c26eaaa6fc.jpg

4825ee835fbba46eb2c2cdca7d835565.jpg

60437b45b7088fdbd86de1e958bd876a.jpg

I would swap those rear lower links around. Use the bend in them to function as high clearance links. This is how I did mine.

Just finally finished reading this whole thread, whew.:shock: Picked up an Everest 10 and Maxstone 10 for my sons for their bdays. I have all the recommended mods on the way, lockers, faster motor, etc. They are finally enjoying the modding part of RCs with these things. And we are having way more fun with these on hikes than our go fast cars. Really impressed with the quality for the price. I am sitting here making metal links for my new scx10 while the cheaper E10 and M10 came upgraded...

Interesting. I wonder if they got a return with a smoked esc and just swapped it out with the 1040 before reselling it.

Just picked this up new on amazon and came with a wp-1040. Here is a pic of it.

sZ8LpwN.jpg

Nice. I wonder how small that esc would be if I removed the heatsink and casing. Need a esc that will run 3s and be very small. I've not considered the wp1040 before.

Good morning all;

Well, this is my first post, so wanted to say Hi.
I just got (or, actually WILL be getting an Everest 10 for Father's Day).
I have read all 39 pages - great info!

Already ordered some parts :) Can't leave it stock :eek:

I ordered:

HobbyPark Metal differential gears
100mm shocks
Chassis stiffeners
RC4WD 540 Crawler Brushed Motor 35T
Metal Servo Horn

Anything else stand out as a "must do"?

I am planning on this being a first "real" RC crawler for me and my son (age 6), so it needs to be as bulletproof as possible.

Thanks for the help!

Terry

Back