• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Here is a photo of the locker in the axial small diff case, obviously it is not going to fit.....

A
Pic doesn't work.

Nope nothing blocking it and already destroyed the stock one I had......I just cannot believe the locker is suppose to fit that box.....

Only thing I can figure is to try to grind down the locker where it is flush.

Maybe they sent you the wrong box? I used a spare HSP one I had and it went straight in without modification.

Nope just double checked, axial AX 80002 small diff case and axial locker AX 30500. I ended up putting it on the grinder just now and ground down the locker to fit in the case, pain in the ass but it should work now. Just have to take a little off the driveshaft length and I'm good to go.

Just a headsup if anyone else orders this combo....

Here is a video of my Everest with several mods if anyone is interested, love this truck. Doing a lot of mods but would have to do the same on a axial, just we started a whole lot cheaper..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1JOLHMr_3Q

Very nice slabs of rock there!

For the locker I would suggest the aluminum ones from ali since they are direct fix and hassle-free. I wanted open diffs so i went with the HPI gears and axial housing...I have the locked one for crawling.

My gearbox finally poopoo'd with all the heavy metal parts I guess it was too much for it. I have to post pics of my final build! I need suggest on the batt tray I have no idea how else to mount all the stuff.
Anywho this was prime and on sale, I read it comes with helical gears I figured i'd do my first non froogleish purchase and reward myself:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A1GT7ME/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A228JGPAURUQ8I

Cut those bits off that hang down under the axles. The bumper mounting posts.
Cause they look ugly? My aluminum bumper never shipped and i got a refund, would a black one look ok? I think it would protect it from sharp rocks and let it slide over them easier.

Cus they get hung up on rocks. Those bumpers are even worse for that. I took mine off and cut the stumps flush with the housing.

Does anyone know what type of aluminum servo horn fits the hexfly servos on out Everest 10? I don't know what size the spine is, anyone got one from amazon or other source, or have any idea.

Does anyone know what type of aluminum servo horn fits the hexfly servos on out Everest 10? I don't know what size the spine is, anyone got one from amazon or other source, or have any idea.
No but the scx10 one's on amazon warehouse look like they fit. They are an utter ripoff btw. You don't need it, spray your plastic one silver and call it a day.

Both of my e10s lift the front right tire when climbing something with the front left. Anyone know how to keep it on the ground?

No but the scx10 one's on amazon warehouse look like they fit. They are an utter ripoff btw. You don't need it, spray your plastic one silver and call it a day.
This is very wrong. If you are at all serious you need a clamping alloy horn. The plastic ones will always fail. When they do it will be at the worst time. What model is the servo? The stock HSP one I had was an E1505 or something like that and was 25T spline.
Both of my e10s lift the front right tire when climbing something with the front left. Anyone know how to keep it on the ground?
Read through this thread snd all the E10 related theeads. Many people have talked about moving links inwards and mirroring the gearbox to reduce torque flex.

Back