• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

HSP parts 180002, 180003 and 180009 are the knuckles c hubs and spool/locker. However HSP give them all different names. Caster mounts etc or the spool is a connect box.

I can't seem to find any that will ship to the US. Think I'm gonna do scx10 ones.

You dont need them IMO. Week spot is spur and shafts u can get on aliexpress very cheap all ship to u.s with epacket 10-20 days..

Hubs:
Shop pangolin hubs online Gallery - Buy pangolin hubs for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

Get a metal spur and steel/aluminum shafts, upgrade the shocks to dual springs, get a black hardened pinion, aluminum skid if you ganna do some bashing etc. Just my opinion.

Oops forgot the weakest point besides shaft/spur the connectors!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1800...-1&btsid=83a79255-f4f5-4f54-9f13-63e8b6152877

I broke one of my stock ones so I do need new ones. It probably would be fine with the stock ones but if I'm replacing I might as well upgrade.

The angles are different on the scx10 bits fyi. You would need to do c hubs and knuckles at the same time.

That was the plan. I can find the hubs and knuckles for the same price as I was able to find just the redcat hubs.

I found the redcat parts with no problems. I'm just hesitant to spend a third of the cost of the truck on hubs and knuckles.

44db39ec07c7c4976d75b40d27fa599b.jpg

I've had mine for 2 years driven by my son for those 2 years and the only thing he broke was a c hub from launching it off the end of the slide. The slide was 6 foot high and had a 1 foot drop at the end. It was lucky to only break that. I did strip a spur and pinion slso. Caused actually not by the spur but the oinion. Being brass they wear very fast then it started damaging the spur. Personally I think leave the spur plastic and replace the pinion with steel. A steel spur will just destroy your pinion. I learnt this the hard way on my scx10.

I've had mine for 2 years driven by my son for those 2 years and the only thing he broke was a c hub from launching it off the end of the slide. The slide was 6 foot high and had a 1 foot drop at the end. It was lucky to only break that. I did strip a spur and pinion slso. Caused actually not by the spur but the oinion. Being brass they wear very fast then it started damaging the spur. Personally I think leave the spur plastic and replace the pinion with steel. A steel spur will just destroy your pinion. I learnt this the hard way on my scx10.
I was coming back down a decent sized hill with some big ledges. Rolled off the first one and bounced 4-5 times before it made it to the bottom. It wasn't fully broken until I didn't realize it was broke and dove it.

In 2 years of driving the Everest did you ever have to replace anything other than the pinion (and the spur it damaged), like the driveshafts? I'm assuming that you were running Axial iron cross lockers in your diffs, or were "lucky" enough to receive an E10 with upgraded metal lockers?

I ordered an e10 for my girlfriend and hers came with a lipo ready ESC. Wonder how often there are units with upgrades installed from the factory?

In 2 years of driving the Everest did you ever have to replace anything other than the pinion (and the spur it damaged), like the driveshafts? I'm assuming that you were running Axial iron cross lockers in your diffs, or were "lucky" enough to receive an E10 with upgraded metal lockers?
I fitted 3racing lockers and stupidly filed the locker cus it was soft aluminium instead of filing the axle shafts. So the lockers slowly started to widen up but never got to the point of slipping. Never broke an axle shaft. I have since replaced the axle housings with axial units. Fitted the HSP/E10 diffs into them with iron cross lockers and scx10 shafts front and stock hsp outdrive cups/axles. Fitted scx10 rear shafts and lockouts on the back. Old shafts had nothing wrong with them. Just fitted scx10 cus I had them spare. I only did all that because he broke a c hub and I had all the bits there. Plus the scx10 units slide over rocks better/easier. The car is 90% scx10 now anyway. All HSP gear was mounted to an scx10 chassis. Now only the diffs and gearbox are HSP.

Actually he broke the stock plastic drive shafts. I replaced them with axial WB8 units.

I ordered an e10 for my girlfriend and hers came with a lipo ready ESC. Wonder how often there are units with upgrades installed from the factory?
The stock unit is lipo ready just does not have a lipo cutoff. Can just be used with a lipo low voltage alarm.

Back