• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

I flew planes for years....still do from time to time. Most or all outrunners you can flip the shaft to work either way

I have seen one outrunner and it did good....dont know his setup but will find out. The vids I have seen like the one you posted have a lot of motor/esc frequency noise at startup. its loud on the vid and even louder in person. Its not sensored so they could have cogging issues. Its hard to find the right brushless esc that can handle crawling at slow speeds...and give you a smooth fwd/rev and good drag brake. You can if you spend $150 or so.

I run a $70 brushless hobbies esc but it took some work finding and installing the speed pasion firmware to get it to work good for crawling.

I dont think that scorpion motor is the best choice....to overpriced.
This kv might be a bit low but it would be a beast
NTM Prop Drive Series 42-48 650KV / 1295W

this is a bit smaller dia. but still has some grunt and has 25mm mounting holes
NTM Prop Drive 35-48 Series 900KV / 815W

Just what I would start with....They look good on paper

I agree that was just a pic for reference. I want the longer shaft to go trannyless. The issue is the stal torque, so a high powered one with more torque should alleviate cogging and burning out, but then you have all that wasted potential power.
I saw HK's vid and comments on those NTPs they seem like great motors, but is the shaft removable? There would be a c-clip on the end and grub on the front I cant see there.

I have a HK-100A that says it is suitable for 14 poles but never tested it on an outrunner. It's like under $40 and can handle 4S. It's not sensored of course.
Supports highest motor speed 240,000RPM(2 poles), 80,000RPM(6 poles) and 40,000(12 poles).
Easy to configure with program card.

So...20K 24 poles? No idea. I know with a program card you can double the PWM frequency but that adds a lot of stress/heat to the ESC.

Are there any 12 pole Outrunners? Most i see are 14.
I wish someone can test this for us :mrgreen:

most have an eclip and a set screw. I have had a lot of outrunners and everyone has been able to switch. they need to depending what side of the fire wall they mount to the plane.

But I just looked into one of my planes and I do have a 35-36-10 outrunner. Its the same as this motor, just purple

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...D3536_8_1000KV_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html

I will see if I can find the time to make the switch and see how it works

Finally read all 32 pages. :) Best thread I have ever read. TON of info. Thank you all for sharing. Now, to order my E10 and strip my new scx10 for parts. :)

I finally got around to making body mounts and finishing the chassis. I have a new set of wheels and tires on the way too. Now on to the body.
ae965ed7a0a627d7340f12e7978b3dff.jpg

2cfccb9d5d4afde1a46cbc80bb090863.jpg

d374977ad7cb53dc3b9f611ec17e5b90.jpg

afc535a89f6078d906cd2decbb63c570.jpg

3a084e38178e5f363fe1dadd5c532827.jpg

6e3d7209dd0e2637efcc34caf3bdd3ce.jpg

6606bb4a732f185c270f814dfd969fa3.jpg
I LOVE this chassis!!! Any chance you might be willing to upload the design picture with measurements? Please, please, please?!?

Ordered my E10 for 128 shipped. Also 2 metal lockers. Now to sell the scx10 carpet queen for build cash! :)

Well pretty much all shocks leak. Only my 2 sets of kyosho velvet shocks I have on my sct and buggy have never leaked but at around $100 a set it a bit pricey. and the kyosho springs are $20 a pair. I have a set of proline scalers that look nice but leak. I wouldnt go much bigger than 100mm to keep the CG low

Pick a shock that looks good to you. Performance of the shock itself I feel is not as important on a crawler as a SCT, with slower speeds the shocks dont have to react nearly as fast. Having a range of springs is important to get the droop set and a range of oil weights to help the dampening and rebound

I don't care how they look personally. I just want to make sure they are not too soft or hard. I have the Icons on my scx10 I am selling and they work good, a bit pricey though. I will play with the stock shocks first and see how it goes. Thanks for the info. Take care.

Well pretty much all shocks leak. Only my 2 sets of kyosho velvet shocks I have on my sct and buggy have never leaked but at around $100 a set it a bit pricey. and the kyosho springs are $20 a pair. I have a set of proline scalers that look nice but leak. I wouldnt go much bigger than 100mm to keep the CG low

Pick a shock that looks good to you. Performance of the shock itself I feel is not as important on a crawler as a SCT, with slower speeds the shocks dont have to react nearly as fast. Having a range of springs is important to get the droop set and a range of oil weights to help the dampening and rebound

I LOVE this chassis!!! Any chance you might be willing to upload the design picture with measurements? Please, please, please?!?
Thanks Stomper. I don't have any design files to share. I just took a piece of cardboard and used it to design the frame rails so everything would fit under the body/interior, then traced it onto the aluminum and cut with a band saw. It handles very well, but I need a more secure body mounting system as the Velcro doesn't keep it on tight enough.

I use stock axial shocks on my scx10, my hsp/e10 based scx10 and will be using them on both my next 2 builds. There is a thread on here that shows you how to build them without leaking.

Thanks Stomper. I don't have any design files to share. I just took a piece of cardboard and used it to design the frame rails so everything would fit under the body/interior, then traced it onto the aluminum and cut with a band saw. It handles very well, but I need a more secure body mounting system as the Velcro doesn't keep it on tight enough.
Super-magnets? I know some guys use those to hold their Wraith bodies on, but it probably wouldn't work since the body has more substantial skeleton to hold on to. :(

Back