• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Thanks for the servo info will pick up one today at LHS.
BTW I love this crawler but here is what has broken so far, and mods I feel like needed to be made I dont mean this in a bad way because Im sure the same would have happened with a axial by now also. As a matter of fact most have with the guys I crawl with.

New tires- much better grip
Moved weight forward, battery now sits all the way over servo.

Broken - both diffs and case have had to b replaced. They were replaced with axial case and metal diff lockers.

Servo went out but think it was because the wire rubbed on the main gear and shorted it out.

now servo horn.

thats it so far, but it has been four months of very hard core crawling, mainly in large creekbeds at Stone mountain park.

Thanks for the servo info will pick up one today at LHS.
BTW I love this crawler but here is what has broken so far, and mods I feel like needed to be made I dont mean this in a bad way because Im sure the same would have happened with a axial by now also. As a matter of fact most have with the guys I crawl with.

New tires- much better grip
Moved weight forward, battery now sits all the way over servo.

Broken - both diffs and case have had to b replaced. They were replaced with axial case and metal diff lockers.

Servo went out but think it was because the wire rubbed on the main gear and shorted it out.

now servo horn.

thats it so far, but it has been four months of very hard core crawling, mainly in large creekbeds at Stone mountain park.

You wont be disappointed with metal drive shafts they just look and feel so nice. Metal spur sounds nice n crunchy to me too. Metal 12mm wheel hubs, fully aluminum dual spring shocks, and these guys say metal servo horn.
That's pretty much it; I think I killed my tranny because of all the added inertial mass plus a 550 sensored motor with 3S power...
You can get metal tranny gears from xtra speed on ebay now.
I also used many screws from a cheap HPI screw kit that came with all hex heads.

What's the stock pinion? 14t? Will any 14t work?
Stock gearing is metric which i think is 0.6mm. Post above stated 48P pitch but that is imperial so I assume he is tunning an scx10 spur. If you mix the 2 together they might work for a little while then destroy eachother.

Stock gearing is metric which i think is 0.6mm. Post above stated 48P pitch but that is imperial so I assume he is tunning an scx10 spur. If you mix the 2 together they might work for a little while then destroy eachother.
This is wrong. we did this test a month ago bro.
It's 48DP no metric anything. I bought a SCX10 tranny it's also 48DP but it was after market so not sure. 48DP 17T pinion meshed like a glove.

The gears on my HSP are metric. I know redcat changed the motor and esc for the E10 so it's possible they also changed the gears........

You win a cookie. Looks like I owe an apology. I just checked mine and compared it to a 48p pinion and it is s perfect match. I guess I assumed it was metric since all the gears on my 5 other HSP cars are metric.

Sorry.

2 cookies but you can keep them, I'll have a beet. I'm on a low cal diet.
Yea It's weird a chinese company would use Metric when most of their kits use .6mod.
But then again it wouldn't fit, and they wanted use something more available other than .5mod losi only uses.
I honestly would love to convert this to a lower tooth count .6mod spur. Once you fortify all the mechanical parts, it has a lot of room for speed.

When inboarding the lower links, what do you use to hold the links? Alltherad or just longer screws? Obviously some sort of spacer in between the rails and links.

normally the skid plate has notches for the rod ends.
many of the axial skip plates come this way as well as some other aftermarket brands.
it is also easy to make your own skid plate from some delrin or even a nylon cutting board from
Wal-Mart.

if you are thinking of spacers on the chassis rails, that would work but you would have a longer wheelbase
or need shorter lower links.

look at the sc10 skid plates or the wraith skid plates to see how they are made.
even look through this thread, there are many pics showing this.

Hey guys, I brought some option everest 10 diffs for my friends crawler the 180009 units to replace the std ones that have rounded out the plastic side, should the optional ones drop straight?..she's telling me they don't fit.
Is there another size bearing needed?..I'd have thought remove the std ones fit the bearing to the new steel and alloy unit and you're sorted.

I would assume the just fit. Get her to measure the diameter of the bearing centres compared to the spool/locker.

Yeah that's what I'd have thought.
Has anyone done the change to the redcat optional lockers?
Any shiming required adjustments to get them to fit.

Back