• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

1128a24d2b14c33e8d2b7de133bbab63.jpg

85fea9da6420ee7f2a40531560d27f49.jpg

Scx10 frame, EVERYTHING else everest. Can be done just probably won't have the wheel base you want

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

IMG_20160124_020437_zpsebaollpf.jpg

Same here, i think the chassis he posted is a short wheelbase chassis if it's meant for the d90 body, but a chassis that is meant for an scx or ax10 will work, I used stock axial links to convert mine also, but that's it, tranny and axles are redcat.

Gr8 info and pics guys!
I have a proline 1980 body meant for an AX10 looking for a home:
Length: 17.3" (440mm)
Width: 6.8" (172mm)
Height: 5.6" (143mm)
Wheel Base: 11.2" (285mm)

From ali that chassis is " Designed specifically to use the stock SCX10 tranny and center skid plate.
Wheel base: 275 mm aprox. for Defender D90. Holes to fit this body easily.
You can adjust wheel base with a new linkage adapted to your body "
So that's like 1/2cm each axle difference...workable.
Lam one thing I noticed is the center skid you have I assume it came with your ax10 kit i need which I guess I can get a aluminum one from hot-racing for around $20.
I do have a dremel so I can shorten links.
Here is the tcs xtrail kit which looks strikingly similar to the one on Ali but is 1/8" (3.17mm) thick instead of 5mm Also the one listed on ali is "Derlin" some kind of composite from dupont. Supposedly machines easier and lighter, not as strong but it's 5mm instead. You learn some stuff every day.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/83108-harleys-tcs-x-trail-2.html

So I'm now confused what's the best bang for buck.

Last edited:
Same here, i think the chassis he posted is a short wheelbase chassis if it's meant for the d90 body, but a chassis that is meant for an scx or ax10 will work, I used stock axial links to convert mine also, but that's it, tranny and axles are redcat.

For the Center skid, did you use redcat's and just mount the straight links on the outside?
how about this to start just to get an idea till i crack them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-SCX10...989605?hash=item58d3e2f965:g:4nEAAMXQuCdTfsJC

Last edited:
For the Center skid, did you use redcat's and just mount the straight links on the outside?
how about this to start just to get an idea till i crack them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-SCX10...989605?hash=item58d3e2f965:g:4nEAAMXQuCdTfsJC
The center skid doesn't match up perfect, and I found the scx10 skid sits low enough the trans case bottoms out on it. I cut the redcat skid so it was just the base the trans bolts to and used it as a template to drill into the scx skid and then used it as a spacer

I remember why I had to shorten my front links....There was a chassis suport in the way of the servo. I figured I better not remove it....but I did after I shortened the links. Glad I did because it gave me room to suck in the front bumper for more clearance

Depending on shock length and ride height I would guess you wheel base with stock links would be around 13"

I didnt want to cut up the redcat trans plate. I figured by the time I got done I would still have all the E10 parts left over. All I have left to get is one more axle housing for the SCX10 and I can put my E10 back together

How do you like the full Droop on the stock shocks?
It had its pros and cons. On level rocky surfaces it was great but on a steep incline there was no preload to hold the front down and it would flip over backwards a lot. I don't have it setup like this anymore

Looks great, but I'm not sure that tape is going to hold it together. lol

In Russia car holds tape!

I just took it out and placed it on top to take a pic.

The tranny and batt holder are wider by about 2cm than the new chassis, however, I think I can flip those 4 middle mounts you see to the outside and bottom for lower center of grav, mount the caitlyn jenner there, and just use the new metal batt holder with straps up front.
Im still waiting for a scx10 center skid.

:cry: So that didnt work. There wasnt room for the mount. Looks sloppy, and now it's a bit narrower than the batt holder profile. I got my work cut out it seems.

I noticed the shock tower holes are threaded which is nice, what's the best way to clear the shocks? Just nuts and spacers?
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e6/a6/9d/e6a69d62bc6e915315b50b5d0511c4e1.jpg

Mostly because people prefer the "scale" look. Secondly because the stock chassis is sh!t. The battery sits too high. The shocks and link ends all mount in the wrong spots so it torque flexes and takes a lot of tuning to get rid of it.

Biggest issue with the factory frame is the fact its a twin vertical plate chassis which is not legal for alot of scale competitions. I am also currently swapping e10 drivetrain and making it into more of a scale rig. Only thing left that will be redcat will be axles

Trans fits an scx10 skid with minor modifications to the skid. After 2+ years of my son trashing it I opened the trans and the gears are perfect. Was going to swap it for my spare scx10 trans but decided there was no point. Just fitted axial spur and pinion cus the stock ones stripped.

Yes you need to tap M3 holes into two places on the skid since only 2 are wide enough to fit the Ev 10's. The E10 tranny is fine. They have aluminum ones on ali for a bit over $20.
I need to go to the hw store to get a tap and spacers.

Back