• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Anyone find a decent way to run a lipo on the redcat esc? There are cutoffs out there but I want to hear for someone that uses lipo on this esc

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Got my 2nd E10 today. Looks pretty much exactly the same as the one I bought 6 months ago other than the battery connector. Its a banana plug rather than a Tamiya plug. Kinda disappointed with that. Not a big deal to replace it though.

They are for high current draw, I've melted plenty. For this, they're more than enough.

I personally haven't but lots of guys here have and they have posted in this thread. From what I've read, 2s is safe, 3s is not. Read back through this thread, you'll find all the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone find a decent way to run a lipo on the redcat esc? There are cutoffs out there but I want to hear for someone that uses lipo on this esc

I personally haven't but lots of guys here have and they have posted in this thread. From what I've read, 2s is safe, 3s is not. Read back through this thread, you'll find all the info.
Esc will handle 2S no problem but there is no lipo cut off. You could buy the $15 brushed esc from hobbyking or similar as it has a programmable lipo cut off and drag brake. Or just buy a $2 lipo alarm and it plugs into the balance plug on the battery and starts beeping when the voltage cutoff is reached so you just turn off and swap batteries. If you still use nimh batteries as well it allows you to use both with no issues. If you run nimh batreries on an esc with lipo cut off it will cut off the voltage very early.

you will need to slot the set screw hole in the lockout to fit.

you will need new rear axles. AX30421 or simalar aftermarket.

2 5x11x4 bearings to fit the end of the lockout. Stock E10 is 5x10x4

I was going to get aluminum lockouts but didnt want to drill out the aluminum. Went plastic for now and they work fine. I will soon later buy SSD axle housings or stock axial and put the aluminum. I am waiting to figure out if I want to do an XR steering mod on the front

I've seen guys shave the lockouts until they slip on far enough for the screw holes to line up. Maybe that'll work better than slotting the screw hole?

On mine I had to file down the screw holes, and I filed down the lock out instead of oval ING out the the hole. I also had to shave a slight amount off the end of the axle tubes to have them seat, but I have 2 bearings in my lockouts

c7cc1c214aae97e756f3be551def83e1.jpg

What I did in the rear is remove each knuckle, flip them, and use just the turnbuckle to secure them to the axle. Flipping them seems to protect everything a little more but without the tie rod linking both sides together, everything kinda flops around. I was just tinkering, it's not staying that way. I ordered a bunch of aluminum yesterday:) Aluminum lockouts, Axial rear shafts, Axial front shafts, Axial crosses, aluminum upper link mounts, aluminum front knuckle. Few weeks I'll be ordering an aluminum chassis brace, steel drive shafts, 20MM wheel wideners, and aluminum servo mounts. I may go with an aluminum gear box housing also, not sure yet.

it might be sloppy bushings causing the knuckles to wobble
it is diminished with the long steering link

What I did in the rear is remove each knuckle, flip them, and use just the turnbuckle to secure them to the axle. Flipping them seems to protect everything a little more but without the tie rod linking both sides together, everything kinda flops around. I was just tinkering, it's not staying that way. I ordered a bunch of aluminum yesterday:) Aluminum lockouts, Axial rear shafts, Axial front shafts, Axial crosses, aluminum upper link mounts, aluminum front knuckle. Few weeks I'll be ordering an aluminum chassis brace, steel drive shafts, 20MM wheel wideners, and aluminum servo mounts. I may go with an aluminum gear box housing also, not sure yet.
So you have a small turn buckle tieing each steering knuckle to the axle housing? Cus that's how I did the rear on mine and it worked fine. No issues at all.

d86424db1b3fe28e7db8dec0a3605fa1.jpg

That's exactly what I did but I also flipped the knuckles so they are facing the opposite direction now. I don't like how much the plastic axle housing tweak under slight load. I'm going with aluminum lockouts so I'm really not worried, I was more just tinkering seeing what I can come up with. It's not something I would recommend or be comfortable with running. I wish I could post pictures but I'm not sure how?

That's exactly what I did but I also flipped the knuckles so they are facing the opposite direction now. I don't like how much the plastic axle housing tweak under slight load. I'm going with aluminum lockouts so I'm really not worried, I was more just tinkering seeing what I can come up with. It's not something I would recommend or be comfortable with running. I wish I could post pictures but I'm not sure how?
Easiest option on a computer is to setup a photobucket account.

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/tutorial-step-by-step-guide-how-to-use-photobucket

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724184-Getting-Started-with-Photobucket

Or if using the Tapatalk app you can upload photos directly from the app.

Back