• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

I'm no where near comp days. Lol. But I just wanted a starter rtr crawler for now. I just ordered a 35t motor, 100mm shocks and axial lockers what can I do to lower the CG? Again thanks for our help jeep.

I would think something like a 1.9 Flat Iron XL would be pretty good. It's in between a 1.9 and 2.2 height wise. It'll lower your truck, but not so much it'll hang up on everything. They are a great performing tire. No matter what tire you end up going with make sure you get the soft comp compound. I wish I could remember what size shocks I used. I'm thinking with the stock chassis that 100mm might be a little short. They lay at an angle and that makes it drop quite a bit with a slightly shorter shock. Adding weight to the wheels helps a lot in lowering the CG also. I'm not real big on adding to the rotating mass, but it does help. I do it to all my crawler's, but I have a easy driving style for the most part and I only run 2s, and I only add a couple ounces to each wheel.

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/TakeOffYouHoser/media/027_gimp_zpsebb191dd.jpg.html

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/TakeOffYouHoser/media/028_gimp_zpsab3e1405.jpg.html

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/TakeOffYouHoser/media/031_gimp_zpsb8a1743b.jpg.html

... but none of it will go together properly without SOME material removal. It's a necessity. To run Axial axle dogbones you MUST remove material somewhere. Below you can see a stock Axial front axle dogbone in the Everest 10 axle housing. At the left side you can see flange that the bearing would ride against is protruding from the housing end. This is undesireable. In order to fix this you need to remove material from the end that slides into the diff locker. This is only necessary on the one side. The opposite side, shown second pic below, shows the oppisite effect, so no material removal required.

I would just like to let everyone know that I have full axial internals in my e10 housings with no material removed off of the shafts. not sure why it didn't work for TakeOffYouHoser but mine are in fine. Axial HD locker and small diff housing and axial dog bones.

Pictures?
Parts Link?
Thanks

AX30420
Solid Axle Dogbone 6x74mm

AX80002
Diff Case -Small

AX30500
Heavy Duty Locker

all within my e10 housing.

after that the wheel hexes stripped out on the inside where the pin is so I added these.
AX30427
Axial Narrow 12mm Aluminum Hub

There is a bit of play because they don't seat as far back on the spindle but that can be fixed with a washer.

b33d80bce6d63dfecc3af488c411fd22.jpg

c03b8f1712b7ebcab887dd35796b9006.jpg

fa0ae8b278337e0b592a1c8f224fd713.jpg

83c32238aed224bc94c9d092f33de5f6.jpg

Last edited:
I put 100mm shocks on mine. That droped the link level with the ground

I use 2.2 HB rovers and they were great. Tires made the biggest difference. I did put 1.9 trepadors on it in the end and they did just as good. But there is a loss of ground clearance. The rovers are ballon tires. What I would like to try are some 2.2 chisels. I guy I run with has a set on his wraith. They are tall but narrow like a 1.9 and have a similar pattern as the rovers

The only issue I had that I finally fixed was the lifting of the right front. And all I had to do was play with spring rates and preload. In the end the E10 was dialed in. It would go almost anywhere. And I never broke anything(I did have a steering knuckle come loose once but that's on me).

Sad to say that I have an "Everest 10 no more". For no fault of its own it is now an scx10. Nobody around here runs a comp rig. All scx10 and wraiths. I really liked the scale look of both. I was very hard to strip the e10 just because it preformed so well. The only thing I need to put it back are some axles and some links

I put 100mm shocks on mine. That droped the link level with the ground

I use 2.2 HB rovers and they were great. Tires made the biggest difference. I did put 1.9 trepadors on it in the end and they did just as good. But there is a loss of ground clearance. The rovers are ballon tires. What I would like to try are some 2.2 chisels. I guy I run with has a set on his wraith. They are tall but narrow like a 1.9 and have a similar pattern as the rovers

The only issue I had that I finally fixed was the lifting of the right front. And all I had to do was play with spring rates and preload. In the end the E10 was dialed in. It would go almost anywhere. And I never broke anything(I did have a steering knuckle come loose once but that's on me).

Sad to say that I have an "Everest 10 no more". For no fault of its own it is now an scx10. Nobody around here runs a comp rig. All scx10 and wraiths. I really liked the scale look of both. I was very hard to strip the e10 just because it preformed so well. The only thing I need to put it back are some axles and some links

Funny how you can mod a crawler to the point you almost have a second out of the spare parts. "thumbsup"

I figured it up and if I spend $60 I'll have another crawler, so I ordered a transmission and a set of links today. All that's left to get is a chassis.

Good reviews helped me make up my mind thank you all , I bought 2 for my grandkids for Christmas a boy and a girl 8 and 7 ,they are gonna love these rigs ,,Robert ,,,

Good reviews helped me make up my mind thank you all , I bought 2 for my grandkids for Christmas a boy and a girl 8 and 7 ,they are gonna love these rigs ,,Robert ,,,

Don't forget to upgrade the diffs or you'll have a couple unhappy kid's on your hands.

Thanks for the info ,, I will go threw this thread again ,,but from what I seen costs about 100.00 to add a spool for both rigs ,,

Thanks for the info ,, I will go threw this thread again ,,but from what I seen costs about 100.00 to add a spool for both rigs ,,
No you just need a set of Axial iron cross lockers. Then file the shafts down until they fit snug into the locker. Should be about $30 or less per rig. Part number AX30500.

No you just need a set of Axial iron cross lockers. Then file the shafts down until they fit snug into the locker. Should be about $30 or less per rig. Part number AX30500.

"thumbsup" Best and cheapest way I've found is the Iron Crosses. I bought a pair of HSP lockers with gears, but being aluminum they got a lot of play in them pretty quickly.

Ok thanks for the help on the Axial part number ,, I know the grankids will really like these ,,they run my scx10"s when they come visit ,Heck I think that's why they want to come visit ,,That's fine take what ever excuse I can get to spend some time with them,,, "thumbsup"

quick question, the scx10 driveshafts will fit the e10 right? i just busted my stockers and wanted to upograde to metal units, just double checking.

quick question, the scx10 driveshafts will fit the e10 right? i just busted my stockers and wanted to upograde to metal units, just double checking.

yes the length is right and they fit on the shafts but....you will need smaller set screws for the axial or if you use the axial set screws you will need to cut the pins off.

Back