• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

How so? Every locker designed for axial takes the same shaft size. The only time you would have this issue is if you bought the HSP spool/connect box as it's obviously designed for HSP sized shafts.

How so? Every locker designed for axial takes the same shaft size. The only time you would have this issue is if you bought the HSP spool/connect box as it's obviously designed for HSP sized shafts.

I use Hsp connect boxes in mine. I'm to lazy to grind on the axles :mrgreen:

You've got it backwards. Axial shafts are smaller than E10 shafts. You have to grind down the E10 shafts to fit the Axial lockers. No way around it. I run HSP lockers also, they are drop in with no modifications required. More $ but better IMO

You've got it backwards. Axial shafts are smaller than E10 shafts. You have to grind down the E10 shafts to fit the Axial lockers. No way around it. I run HSP lockers also, they are drop in with no modifications required. More $ but better IMO
No one has it backwards. We all know the HSP/E10 shaft is bigger and needs to be ground/filed dow. But there is no down side of doing this as there are 10 different types and brands of lockers or spools for the axial sized shafts and only 1 for the HSP sized ones. If you have ground down the shafts and upgrade to a spool type locker then you just buy one designed for axial. It will also be better quality than thr HSP and only cost about $5 more.

OK sure you could file down your shafts removing material making them weaker and use Axial lockers or leave them factory and use the HSP locker. I guess it's all personal preference. The HSP lockers are plenty strong IMO and i'd prefer not to grind down the axle shafts.

So the stock E10 links work well on a scx10 or xtrail chassis?

I know the bottoms should be fine. Its the uppers I am worried about. Would like to know in advance so I can get what I need to build my own links

So the stock E10 links work well on a scx10 or xtrail chassis?

I know the bottoms should be fine. Its the uppers I am worried about. Would like to know in advance so I can get what I need to build my own links
No. The uppers are different. just make new ones.

so i replaced the front diff with the axial version and tested it and then the rear went out on me, i second whoever said the first upgrade should be the diffs.

My HSP/stock diffs are still going strong after 2+ years. Interestingly I pulled my axial ones apart to install the SSD housings and noticed the ones in my Honcho are alloy while the HSP ones are steel. The teeth are also larger on the alloy axial ones.

so i accidently did a pretty comprehensive water test on my e10, while crawling near some pretty rapid water i lost traction and my truck fell into the river, a few hundred feet down the river later and the only problems were the reciever not functioning correctly and a broken servo mount on the front axle, but a new reciever and swapping the fron axle to the rear and vice versa, good as new!

thanks, me too! lol. im now waiting on a new body and tires to complete my e10 scx makeover. sorry if i missed this somewhere but can the everest tranny be mirrored like the scx? also can the stock esc handle an axial 27t motor? one came with some parts i got and im itchin to replace the stock unit but do like how the stock esc is waterproof.

Last edited:
thanks, me too! lol. im now waiting on a new body and tires to complete my e10 scx makeover. sorry if i missed this somewhere but can the everest tranny be mirrored like the scx? also can the stock esc handle an axial 27t motor? one came with some parts i got and im itchin to replace the stock unit but do like how the stock esc is waterproof.

yes, the E10 tranny can be mirrored and the stock ESC will handle a 27T, just don't go 3s. It will run for a while on 3s, but not long.

Hello all I just bought a e10 for myself to get into the world of rc'ing. I have been interested in it for years and finally pulled the trigger. I have read through this post and want to do some mods on the fairly cheap to turn the e10 into a low-profile crawler. Any suggestions and links to how to do the mods would be very appreciated.

Hello all I just bought a e10 for myself to get into the world of rc'ing. I have been interested in it for years and finally pulled the trigger. I have read through this post and want to do some mods on the fairly cheap to turn the e10 into a low-profile crawler. Any suggestions and links to how to do the mods would be very appreciated.

I think the first things that should be done are to put axial lockers in the connect boxes and replace the shocks. The stock shocks are on the crappy side and this thing has way to much flex. Excessive flex is worse than a lack of flex. A lower turn motor like a 35T is a big help in performance, and tires are a big help to. I ended up switching mine over to a X-Trail chassis and it worked out really good.

That's the direction I ended up taking in the end. 1.9's and low C.G. The monster was fun on trail runs, but frustrating in the comps.

Back