• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Yes...yes I did

Found a really great deal on a set of lightly used white dot rovers with bead locks with the narrow offset for more turning radius

The more you do the more you want to do

Yes...yes I did

Found a really great deal on a set of lightly used white dot rovers with bead locks with the narrow offset for more turning radius

The more you do the more you want to do

You couldn't be more right! I've moded mine to the point that the tranny and links are the only E10 parts left. Thinking I should get a tranny and another set of links and build me a Everest 10 :roll:

there is an r1 chassis with tranny in ebay at the moment

I've already got the R1 axles. Maybe if I mod it some more it'll be a R1 with a E10 tranny? I could then build a E10 with a R1 tranny? lol
Actually I was going to change over to a different tranny, but the stock Redcat unit has been working great and with my super secret grease you literally can't hear it. Unfortunately My super secret grease didn't help the Sawback tranny. (same as R1 for the lesser informed)

By the time I buy or build a tube chassis and get axial axle cases beef tubes and xr10 axles all I may have left is the trans and links too

I don't understand the reasoning behind this mod. Is it to cut down on torque flex? Also, I assume the throttle setting on the tx would have to be reversed?

Yes, helps with torque twist by shifting the weight of the motor to the right side. Just switch the power wires to the motor. I was doubtful at first, but it's a free mod that does help, not a lot but every little thing you can do adds up.

Oh man....what a difference a set of tires makes"thumbsup"

All of the things I had in the yard that were challenging for the stock tires the Rovers just cruised right through. Its like "Spiderman" now. I cant stop it:mrgreen:

White dot HB rovers
Axial beadlocks
Black foam(uncut)
3.5oz lead front each
2.0oz lead rear each

Compared to stock theses grip

there are no vent holes. I like the feel so not going to and any yet

the narrow offset wheels added a bunch of steering

So the tires made a huge difference. But I have never liked the stance of the truck. It sits way to high for me. I dug up some associated shocks I had. about 100mm. that did the trick. It brought the ride height down so the lower links are level with the ground.

yes I lost some ground clearence and I might get high centered from time to time, but maybe I should pick a better line. But what I may loss in clearence I make up for in stability. the CG is much better. I got all off camber vertical one wheel in the air numerous times that I would have lost it before it just kept going.

Plus it just looks cooler lower"thumbsup"

I think CG is about the most important part of setting up a crawler. That and weight distribution along with tires are the 3 keys. Clearance, wheelbase and flex are all a matter of opinion.

I just went to the end of my where there is a big riprap wash. Mostly 1 1/2 -3ft rocks and slurry. I would call it high traction but I am impressed. I have seen vids of crawlers defi Gravity but I was sidehilling on stuff...ain't no way...I thought possible. And walking up almost vertical rock faces.

I had the biggest smile on my face

this thread has gone quiet....so here is a vid of my E10 with stock dogbones(the integy cvds kept binding when i tightened up wheels no mattter what I tried), Axial diff cases and lockers, 2.2 white dot rovers on Axial beadlocks and 100mm associated shocks. It climbs very well with the Wraiths. Still working on some torque twist...I have messed with the spring rate since video and it seems to help....still ned to mirror trans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snoOOQM9wyk

The reason they bind is the hex pieces. When the pin is in the slot there is still too much meat between the pin and the knuckle. You need to shave a bit off the knuckle side of the hex.

Impressive. Hard to believe that's a cheapo E10, but they do have a lot of potential. Here's what mine ended up turning into.

Xtrail chassis is what started the whole deal. Mirrored the tranny, 20T motor, used the original servo plate and mounted on the chassis. Never could get the turning radius with the stock axle setup and one thing lead to another and I ended up mounting a pair of R1 portals under it with cv's, aluminum link mounts and knuckles. Did the axle mod and installed Sawback gears in the rear and now the steering aint to bad. Put a set of MIP spline drives in it and ended up sticking a set of Deadbolt RTR shocks on it and the thing crawls like crazy now. High ground clearance, light weight and a set of heavy aluminum wheels and it's glued to the ground. I found a discontinued Monte body and couldn't resist painting it like my 1:1 Monte. Looks goofy, but low, light and wide "thumbsup" Cut down E10 links and the tranny are all that's left of the Redcat at this point. Disregard the purple shocks and Vaterra wheels that were on it in the picture. We've all ran outta parts at times :ror:

Attachments

• DSCF0765.jpg
    DSCF0765.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 2,207
  • DSCF0764.jpg
    DSCF0764.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 2,159
The reason they bind is the hex pieces. When the pin is in the slot there is still too much meat between the pin and the knuckle. You need to shave a bit off the knuckle side of the hex.

Well the stock cups works fine...I shimmed and ground everything. Not the backside of the hex. Not to concerned at the moment the stock axels and cups are working fine for now

Impressive. Hard to believe that's a cheapo E10, but they do have a lot of potential. Here's what mine ended up turning into.

Xtrail chassis is what started the whole deal. Mirrored the tranny, 20T motor, used the original servo plate and mounted on the chassis. Never could get the turning radius with the stock axle setup and one thing lead to another and I ended up mounting a pair of R1 portals under it with cv's, aluminum link mounts and knuckles. Did the axle mod and installed Sawback gears in the rear and now the steering aint to bad. Put a set of MIP spline drives in it and ended up sticking a set of Deadbolt RTR shocks on it and the thing crawls like crazy now. High ground clearance, light weight and a set of heavy aluminum wheels and it's glued to the ground. I found a discontinued Monte body and couldn't resist painting it like my 1:1 Monte. Looks goofy, but low, light and wide "thumbsup" Cut down E10 links and the tranny are all that's left of the Redcat at this point. Disregard the purple shocks and Vaterra wheels that were on it in the picture. We've all ran outta parts at times :ror:

I am really happy with mine. I still can get more steering with the stock cups. I have 4ws if need be but I almost never use it.

Your rig is looking great. That is the sad part with mine, I want to go scale with the xtrail and 1.9's. No more E10. That is after I get a Wraith going

Hey....it's only money, I can make more

I'm a skid plate, tranny and a set of links shy of a E 10 lol. Thinking about buying another Xtrail chassis and rebuilding the big blue bronco. The 2.2's and 4 wheel steering were a blast. And It did look cool!

Attachments

• 0329150919.jpg
    0329150919.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 2,527
well i ordered an e10 yesterday, ordered an scx chassis today, rhis should be fun, you guys have me too excited for this lol.

I just bought the new ssd axle housings for my honcho so I'll be fitting my old scx10 housings to my hsp based scx10. The only hsp bits left will be the motor, gearbox and diffs lol

well i got mine last night and will be trying it out today, my only gripe is the cg i way to high, plus the torque twist, will remedy that soon.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s909.photobucket.com/user/dubyas1989ef/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>
well i just got back from the first test, im going to throw some different shocks and tires on it and try again later. sorry if the pics dont work, on the other forums i belong to you can just post pics directly from the computer.

Last edited:
Back