• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

I have 100mm shocks on mine. I have 2.75" of ground clearance. Couldnt get the stock tires to work very well. The hb rovers made the biggest difference. 3.5oz in each front and 2oz in rears.

I got torque twist....just stiffened some springs got to test it.

Great pics and videos guys! It makes me want to get out and crawl so bad.
I have not had time to take mine out. There are no local crawl spots that I know of. Lately my days off work are already accounted for before they get here with some kind of appointment. :cry:

Does anybody know if the E10 trans has the same bolt up pattern as the axial scx trans?

Or if the E10 bottom plate bolts up the the scx10 frame rails?

if usps didnt drop the ball i would have a scx chassis and tranny to check for you, not happy that they lost my package.

if usps didnt drop the ball i would have a scx chassis and tranny to check for you, not happy that they lost my package.

Yes I was going to ask you:mrgreen:
Its nice to know what I need to do before I do it. I am hoping my bottom plate bolts up. would be better if trans holes line up"thumbsup"

If I remember correctly the tranny mounting holes are just a hair off, but the plate will bolts right up to the chassis.

Dirtman, here's the picture of the servo mount. Arrows are the 2 servo plate mounting bolts.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,722
hey guys what do i njeed to do to install axial lockers into the e10 axle? my stock diff already went but my hd lockers are not here yet so i was wondering if i need to mod the axle at all or the stock diff to fit the lockers?

hey guys what do i njeed to do to install axial lockers into the e10 axle? my stock diff already went but my hd lockers are not here yet so i was wondering if i need to mod the axle at all or the stock diff to fit the lockers?

I have the axial diff cases. you can trim out the inside of the stock cases to fit the axial locker too.
http://www.amazon.com/Axial-AX80002-Differential-Case-Small/dp/B001BHI508
Axial lockers
Axial Heavy Duty Differential Locker (2) [AXI30500] | Parts - AMain.com - AMain.com
They both go in no mods. Just slide the lockers into the cases and screw back to the diff gear

You do have to dremil the stock axles down to fit the axial lockers. It is a tedious process because you dont want to grid to much off

k i just ordered the axial cases too, ill try to mod the stock ones and if i screw up ill have the axials.

I have quite a few hours on the stock shafts and cups with axial lockers and cases with no issuses. But I drive it like a crawler...Not a basher. I dont bounce or fight my way up things and I am careful not to get a wheel into a bind, and if I do I dont try to fight my way out of it. Yes I get on the throttle from time to time and spin the tires on a slick rock.

Easy job. Cut the centre plastic post out of the diff housing. Pop in the axial locker. File the shaft down until it fits into the locker.

ya it seems simple, i just didnt have the locker in front of me but looked at the picture and saw that it probably wouldnt fit, ill break out the dremel when my lockers get here.

Back