• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Be sure to apply grease to the ring and pinion gears. The trucks ship dry which is beyond me. Check the transmission also, there's no grease in that either. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

so now that I have my front worked out. what do i do with the rear? the same just in case you add 4ws or got straight axle?

You can do the exact same thing to the rear. Or fit axial rears and lockouts. Just minor trimming required to fit the lockouts.

Be sure to apply grease to the ring and pinion gears. The trucks ship dry which is beyond me. Check the transmission also, there's no grease in that either. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

yea it looks like I wont charge a battery and go when I get it. or maybe I might just put some deans on and give it a whirl first and see how it does out of the box. Remind me not to forget to put the lipo monitor on please:)

You wont harm anything giving it an out of box test. Most guys probably don't even know the transmission is dry or know to check. I really don't know why they ship it that way but grease is a must in my book.

I had my diffs apart before ever running it so I could replace the plastic lockers. When I saw they were dry, that prompted me to check the transmission. Sure enough that was dry also. Now the axles and transmission are greased up nicely like they always should have been.

I decided to order up 2 sets of the HB CVS's the axial diff cases and the axial lockers. I think I will just stick them in before I really run it. This is going to be a busy weekend so I hope I can find some time

That's awesome! I'm glad I was wrong. I found someone's link that said they were about 3/4" too wide, very cool though. Are these sold in pairs or individually?

I installed the Robinson 1014 pinion and finished up replacing the screws/nuts. They are all stainless now including the driveshaft set screws. Now I just need to find a good place to go crawling.

That's awesome! I'm glad I was wrong. I found someone's link that said they were about 3/4" too wide, very cool though. Are these sold in pairs or individually?
It was a pair for $10. They come in a few colors. The holes are not threaded. The single top center hole is and it came with 2 screws but I'm not sure what its used for.

Last edited:
I would like a closer to scale body. What lexan bodies fit the E10 that have the proper wheelbase and width for the stock body mounts? ? I prefer a pickup body.

Here's a couple body options for ya. The Chevy wheelbase is as close as you can get. The Bronco worked out really good too.

0404151321.jpg

They are both Pro-line bodies, but I don't remember what they were for. Been a while, but I think I did shorten the links a little bit on the Bronco, but it's the one with the X-trail chassis and everything was a little different on it after doing the conversion. The only mod I did to the one with the Chebby body was to put small pieces of tubing over the shock shafts to limit travel and keep the tires out of the body. Still has plenty of flex. The E10 has twice as much as it needs in stock form.

This is with 3/4" limiters on shock shafts. Perfect amount for crawling the rough stuff.

Attachments

• 0404151105.jpg
    0404151105.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 4,119
Well i am bummed

My E10 should have been here Friday....Stupid UPS almost got it to my house in southern Ca. It made it to the LA area. then it decided to take a tour of the state capital in Sacramento 450 miles to the north.

thats not whats irritating. tracking said it was 5 miles from my house 10:30pm friday night....You would think it would be out for delivery Saturday.....NOPE

Back