• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2012 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (CANCELLED)

Re: 2012 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (Feb 18-19, 2012)

Well the Columbus crew has a super nice place indoor with KILLER lines and ROCKS ...i know from past events we can fit a ton of competitors there and have a BLAST JOHN

Seriously guys, The Boulder House in Columbus is a GREAT place and there is a lot of room and they do have some really good rocks there.

The last comp I was at there had 38 drivers!! There was enough room for everyone and it was a blast. I'd say that the Boulder House could easily accomodate 50-60 drivers. Comp fees are always very reasonable too.

If there is any hope of keeping the national qualifier event going, THIS IS IT!! I know that it will mean more travel time for certain people, but this will definitely not disappoint.

Seriously guys, The Boulder House in Columbus is a GREAT place and there is a lot of room and they do have some really good rocks there.

The last comp I was at there had 38 drivers!! There was enough room for everyone and it was a blast. I'd say that the Boulder House could easily accomodate 50-60 drivers. Comp fees are always very reasonable too.

If there is any hope of keeping the national qualifier event going, THIS IS IT!! I know that it will mean more travel time for certain people, but this will definitely not disappoint.

So let's do it, John!

I'm in for that too"thumbsup"

Hey fellas sorry to hear about the cancellation.
I'm president of Central Ohio Crawlers the boulder house is our club home and I'm sure Tom would not have a prob having the comp move there.
John if you want, PM me or Tom aka: holycaveman, and we'll get something put together.
Like mustang said we have plenty of room and love seeing everyone. All of our big events have been a blast and I'm sure we can get anything needed together.
LMK"thumbsup"

I would be up for the venue change but unless I get that check back from motorama asap I cannot afford another 100+ bux for comp fees plus hotels........when are we supposed to get the refund?

Hey fellas sorry to hear about the cancellation.
I'm president of Central Ohio Crawlers the boulder house is our club home and I'm sure Tom would not have a prob having the comp move there.
John if you want, PM me or Tom aka: holycaveman, and we'll get something put together.
Like mustang said we have plenty of room and love seeing everyone. All of our big events have been a blast and I'm sure we can get anything needed together.
LMK"thumbsup"

John has been contacted. He has to make the decision as to what would be the best thing to do.

I am certain he will inform eveyone and it will be taken care of.

Glad there is enthusiasm to continue. If just a Tad sooner....

I was told yesterday by Motorama that I would have to return my tickets and parking pass to recieve my refund.

I was told yesterday by Motorama that I would have to return my tickets and parking pass to recieve my refund.

Contact info?

And who do I bill for my time to stuff and stamp an envelope to get my money back from an event they canceled?

I just received an email from them. They claim that all registration refunds were mailed out yesterday, with the only exceptions being people that bought extra tickets or premium parking. They will refund the registration fees without those items being returned, but they won't refund those items unless they're returned.

It should be on the envelope that you got your tickets in. Now I am getting conflicting info. Others have been told that they do not have to send them back. I have no idea what to do now. Ugh, one "f" up after another,clear communication would be a great thing.:roll:

Thanks Evil for the clarification."thumbsup"

I just want to reiterate what Evil just posted. I wanted to do it when JSlick first posted it but the site went down...

If you just purchased a registration, you will get a full refund without having to send anything in.

If you purchase an extra ticket or premium parking or both, you will need to mail those items back to get the refund on them.

They are working diligently to get the refunds out and are contacting the ones that fall into the 2 second group. There was about 18 of you.

Thanks,
John

What does it take to have an official Eastcoast Qualifier? I mean how does it become approved?

It takes a PROVEN track record of holding quality events. John has a proven track record and knowledge what it takes to have a Qualifier.

As far as whats next......plans are in the works. A tentative date in a March has been selected and a few details need to be ironed out.

I am glad to see so many drivers passionate about keeping this alive."thumbsup" Lets hope it carries over when its time sign up judges. ;-)

I just want to reiterate what Evil just posted. I wanted to do it when JSlick first posted it but the site went down...

If you just purchased a registration, you will get a full refund without having to send anything in.

If you purchase an extra ticket or premium parking or both, you will need to mail those items back to get the refund on them.

They are working diligently to get the refunds out and are contacting the ones that fall into the 2 second group. There was about 18 of you.

Thanks,
John

Thank you John.

Putting it in the bank with hopes or a new venue for next year "thumbsup"

Thanks John, I'll get mine out in the mail tomorrow.

As far as whats next......plans are in the works. A tentative date in a March has been selected and a few details need to be ironed out.

I am glad to see so many drivers passionate about keeping this alive."thumbsup" Lets hope it carries over when its time sign up judges. ;-)

:mrgreen: "thumbsup"

More than happy to help."thumbsup"

A tentative date in a March has been selected and a few details need to be ironed out.

The second it's worked out please let us know. The more time to plan travel the better "thumbsup"

Back