• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships

Thank you to fishmaxx, scattman, kennyj and all the other people that made ecc possible. It was my first major comp and i had a lot of fun and learned alot. Cant wait for nats and the next ecc

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in this GREAT comp. I had fun all weekend thanks to you. So many of you had a hand it it,I would hate to forget to mention one so those that know you where part of
ECC 2011,Thanks for the great time. You too Fish :lmao:

Thanks again for a great weekend!! I am happy to report that the event Marshal didn't have to resolve any major issues!! Great job to everyone!!

Oh, and I just have to point out.....I did beat Fish!! :flipoff:

Friday whilst I was at ECC. Missed my house by .2 of a mile or so. Cleaned out the neighborhood pretty much. EF3-4, still calculating the damage. This video was taken @ 2 miles or so from the path. Got power back this morning...

Still would not miss an ECC. Even for a "nader:flipoff:

Glad your house is ok, my condolences to your neighbors. You were probably safer up on the hill with us!

SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO THE STAFF

Everyone always talks about the staff. Many of the Staff had MULTIPLE Jobs. Here is what the did, and the deserve lots of Thanks!

Aaugman (Mike Kamber) Took on the role of 2nd in command, and was a major part of the ECC brain. Mike was there almost everyday listening to and giving ideas to make ECC run smooth. He also did All the printing of the course markers, give away stickers, and the AWESOME banner we did not get to hang due to time and the WIND. :cry:

Destroyer (Cris Higberg) Provided alot of the TRANSPORTATION of ECC gear to the comp, as well as the Crawler Hauler at the event. I am sure it save me a couple 1,000 steps. I am sure it save some others as well. He set up the raffle tent, ran most of the raffle, brought wood for the smoker, and help with MOST of the tear down. Last but not least Judged on Sunday.

Colby (Colby Johnson) He and his gang ran The Rox Box money climb, and brought in over $100 in attempts. Good Job!

Kinson (Kinson Cook) Organized everything "Spread Sheet" the data he managed made sure we got enough t-shirts ordered, labels printed, and drivers packets prepared. He entered ALL the data...some of twice due a GOOGLE DOC's hiccup (still a mystery) I estimate he had over a 1,000 entries over a 5 hour spread with constant interruptions. I am aware of only 2 or 3 mistakes. 1 was a tiebreaker sorting error the other was due the fact we wanted finals to start on time.

Speedracer19 (Donnie Jackson) Printed +700 Score-Sheets, and delivered them on time for the event. He also Judged his 3rd ECC in a row. He is one of my most consistent GO TO GUYS. It doesn't matter if its a Major event like ECC or just 12 guys comping locally he has been there everytime for the last 3 years;-)

Mini (Mini Amil) Does all my graphics work for the last 2 years, and usually with in HOURS of my request. He created the current ECC logo, T-shirt design, and final score-sheet layout.

Wheelin King (Ben Cheney) Proved ground transportation to ECC guests, and helped Destroyer wit the raffle at crunch time.

JWEIMER (Jeremy Weimer) Is always there to do what ever when ever. He carries the big rocks when we want build NEW lines at comps. I didn't ask him to do much this year, but he was CLUTCH this year when I needed to get gear back to Atlanta. I am penciling him in for a staff position in 2010:shock:

Scattman (Matthew Tiller) Thank You for bringing the Smoker and motor home at your own personal expense. You kept everyone feed and provided home base to the event.

THANK YOU!

KennyJ (Kenny Johnson) Thank You for being Matt's right hand man. Every time I looked up I saw you running extension cords, picking up trash, pulling meat off the grill, or cleaning something. I don't think people realize how much you did.

Harley (Josh Theide Thank you for your 2 cent before the comp, doing the Drivers Meeting, helping with Final raffle and awards.

Harley also took over the scoring duties on Sunday for Super and 1.9"thumbsup"

EvilTwin v2 (Carey Baird) Evil Jerk! Almost says it a all. Carey donated +30 pounds of chicken to feed the judges as well as who knows what in other meat products. After all that he won 1.9 on Sunday. Just proves good things happen to good people.

Please Thank these guys, buy them a beer, or give the a discount when you can the deserve it "thumbsup"

Holy crap what a weekend....

This is always the event I plan to go to just to relax..... never happens! Fish runs his events better than any event I have ever attended. This year made for some deep holes to dig out of. The weather was a bitch but we got up to the top at first light and got courses set, started drivers meeting, teched all the rigs and had people running within minutes of what Fish was aiming for.

One word - Gridiron :ror: (You needed to be there to understand)

XRRA_TJ, Rockshow, Wheelinking, and a couple others who's screen names are escaping me stayed up until about 5AM Saturday night/Sunday morning having an absolute blast. We also ended up waking a couple people up, Sorry 66Bronco :twisted:

I actually had a blast setting up the finals course for 2.2 and 1.9. Nick drove his ass off on the 2.2 course and almost finished it. The 1.9 course was probably as much if not more fun and I hate those stupid little things! Great driving to all you drivers, you all impress the hell out of me!

I hung out with a ton of you guys over the weekend and I know I am terrible with names but you are all the reason I come to these things. If I flew to an event that far away to 20 mins of drive time I would be crazy. Scattman, I love you. :oops:

Fish, Dave (John), Ben, Lars, William and Mini <-- Thanks for the travel entertainment both to and from the event. The ride home was a god damn riot.

Lastly, did you see how many damn Futaba radios were there?!!?! :flipoff: It would have much easier to count the non-Futaba radios!

Thanks everyone!!

That was funny stuff! I don't think she came back around. Note to self...... Things not to say to a chick....... Still funny!

HUGE thanks to John Mesa FishMAXX . . You have been putting on this killer event for years now and it just keeps getting better and better!!!

To everybody that helped out JUDGES, SUPPORT STAFF, COOKS. . THANKS . . John does his part but without everyone helping this event wouldnt go smoothly. . THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS!!

SCATTMAN. . . You sure can smoke some meat . . Ive had just about every kind of BBQ and your has to be some of the best!!

Good times @ the GRIDIRON. . . Holy Shit . . That was a blast . . We had a great time once we got back to the hotel too . .

Quote of the night was Rockshow talking about himself swinging from another mans balls and them deserving it . . I almost died :lmao:

CANT WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR . . ITS GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER "thumbsup"

I had such a great time this weekend. How many days till the next one? I really didn't want to leave. It was one amazing place. I met so many cool people in such a short time its really overwhelming. I can't wait to see you all again, hopefully at nationals!

Jess n Jake, I look forward to hanging again, and I can't wait to see the next crawler driven.

Matt n Kenny, great BBQ

Judges and Staff, hard work, great comp, thanks

See everybody at Nationals and next year Same Place, Same Time."thumbsup"

HUGE thanks to

Quote of the night was Rockshow talking about himself swinging from another mans balls and them deserving it . . I almost died :lmao:

The quote was "I don't swing" but Fish deserved props for putting it all together once again.

This was my 4th ECC and each one has great memories.
I mean no disrespect to other promoters when I say this but, Fish puts on the best show in RC Crawling. Over 100 drivers through 6 courses and a finials before dark! "thumbsup"

It's not all about the event organizer's either, the drivers beg, borrow and steal to get into this event. ECC brings the best drivers from around the country, the competition is steep with no room for mistakes. Big props go out to the top 5 and congrats again to Josh, you had a great day and have worked hard to get where you are, you deserve it! The social part of this event has always been one of the high lights and this event was no different.

As always, a big thank you to everyone on the front lines and behind the scenes that worked hard so others could play! I would also like to thank every driver there, with out you, it wouldn't be the same! "thumbsup"

Mike

Last edited:
Back