• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

WOW!! What a great day of crawling. Not only did we have a larger group, but we also had a day were everyone left with running vehicles! To make that even more impressive, 2 of the 7 trucks weren't waterproof and they were doing there best "Cuteness" impression. :shock:

All and all it was a great day. It was great seeing some old friends again. (Hi Scott) and meeting his wonderful family. Lets try to get together again soon.

Now this is too funny. 1st, I try to take a video of Jim B, Scott and myself going up the washout. My truck has mechanical issues at the end of the run.

Ironically, I screwed up and didn't get a video of the run. Instead I have a picture of our 3 trucks sitting still. (sigh)

more ironic... Non of the video's Dave took turned out.

more ironic yet... Dave and I tried to make a video showing Sweli, Dave's super waterproofing... it DID turn out, however Dave's rear set screw loosened up so his truck got stuck in the middle of the creek.

So I guess the moral of the story is... if I have the choice between a good run and a video'd run, I will choose a good run every time.

Sounds like you had fun today.
Let me know for next Sunday. As of now, I am open through 4pm.

I am planning on checking the spot on 16th st. near I-196 in Holland, that I posted pics of in June. Wonder if the water is down, there.

Pulled the JK servo which already has the gearbox around the output shaft packed with silicone grease, and put an O-ring around the shaft, under the arm.
Then sprayed it with plasti-dip.
Rx is going in a waterproof box. Had to move it too the rear. Should be ready to splash in.
The Rx on the MOG is not a synth, so I ballooned it. Only thing not treated on it now is the light controller. So that should be good to go too.

My family and I had a great time today. The kids loved playing in the water with everybody.

It was great seeing you again to Jim and Dave! and the other Jim too.

My trucks are still running but have not tried the JK again to see if the reciever just got wet or what. I also started getting my box ready to put the esc and rec in.

We will have to get together again.

alright...."thumbsup"

0830102024a.jpg

Is that the next tuber or truggy project??
Everyone coming to your house this Sat with a spare piece of pipe - any dia or material, doesn't matter!

Saturday 65, wind with some showers.
Sunday, 69, sunny.
Monday, 80, sunny.

hmmmmmmmm........Sunday sounds perfect! Where? When? Who?

Prob not as much fun as other spots.

Best spot there is from the pier parking lot to the pier itself.
Looks like this:
2701358649_3e4d7a47ec.jpg

and this
2701358701_1f25c16e3e.jpg

As you get further East from that parking lot, it turns into this:
2702172036_d85de4167e.jpg

Back