• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Thurs works best for me. Fri may be OK. More company in town Sat/Sun, so those would be out for me.

I run normal wheel bearing grease packed around the ring/pinion area out to the inside bearings, then a little around the bearings from there, in my TLTs. Probably is slowly softening the plastic, but has not failed yet.
I think silicone grease would thin up and leak out - thoughts?
Lithium grease is the true waterproof one that they back boat trailer bearings with.

Some interesting reading here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216662

I'm game for a gtg, Thursday I have off this weekend I'm full until Sunday night after 730, and like usual I work untill 7-730 everynight plus I need to get weasel his battery back

So where on Thurs?
How deep is the Lowell creek?
You have good lines at Parkways goosepooppath that you would want to run a 3rd week in a row?

I just started getting mine out this summer been real busy. I really have only ran my ax10 at battlefront and around the house and my creeper jk I just got so.

What time and where are you guys thinking and yeah how deep is the water or do you not have to go in the water? None of mine are waterproof at all they are both stock sealed (or not sealed).

Chime chime............ Anyone else for Thurs? Where? I need to haul my rigs with me to work in the morning, so just wondering?

Now Fri is out, but Sunday could be in if we don't meet up Thurs night.

how about 7:00 thursday at the duck pond. dont worry about being to late if your not out till 7. we normally stand around and b.s. for a while before and after we run. there are lot of lines you can run with out getting wet. just my vote. anyone else have any ideas.... im open later in the day sat?

Last edited:
I'm there.

Worse yet.............. I'll play in the goose poop, but are you bringing your new nuts.....er I mean wheel hexes?

I have my next rig mocked (ie. not even a roller yet) up to show. Think it needs shorter shocks though.

Would someone please pm me the address or put it up here please I would like to try and make this.

I will bring both of my rigs also.

Thanks
Scott

it is right off of the eastbelt line/broadmore on 36th street to the east, you cant misses it, it is a big landscape with water and just sweet for crawling.

Yeah I seen it on google street view looks very cool!

I'm going to try and make it. My store does not close till 7 and I will try to leave asap depends on the customers.

I had a great time tonight even though the JK got dunked.
I tried a spare Rx in it when I got home. Little glitchy, but works. I bet it will dry out this time.
Need to Plasti dip the servo and get the Rx in a box.

Thx for the gtg guys!

I had fun also. It was great meeting you guys too. I would like to go again sometime hopefully I will have mine waterproof kinda by then though.
SU1HMDAwOTItMjAxMDA4MTktMjAzNy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwOTAtMjAxMDA4MTktMjAzNi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwODctMjAxMDA4MTktMjAzNi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwODYtMjAxMDA4MTktMjAzMy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwODUtMjAxMDA4MTktMjAxNi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwODQtMjAxMDA4MTktMjAwNC5qcGc.jpg

Son of a...

Well, remember the other week when my Losi was making that Popping noise. Well I finally found out what went bad. I installed my Holmes 33 Turn, and crawled. Boom... found it!

My gear set in my rear axle stripped. Not my plastic wheel hexes... not the plastic crap keeping the spool together. The metal gears. :x I looked into some information on here and found out that there was a problem with earlier units. (Jim B... did you ever have a gear set go?)

So... instead of ordering a Blazer body I need new gear sets and axle housings. (Sigh)

I did manage to salvage some gears out of my spacer MRC. Unfortunately it has the same issue. The spool gear looks great on both trucks, but the pinion gear is gnarled.

No crawling for me today... although that new motor is so very sweet.

i've eatin 2 or 3 of them ring and pinions. but mine was from the screw heads breaking off. so far the replacements have taken the beating. losi having drive line problems, not the first time.

in other news....

i seized the motor in the cuteness.... goose poop water is hard on this stuff. :mrgreen:

The sad thing is... I remember when Losi was the ONLY company who could compete with Associated, and Associated was the best. Lately it seems like Losi would rather release crap fast instead of releasing a good vehicle.

MRC pinion and spur
Micro Rock crawler "just flip it over and run it until the gear noise goes away"
Comp Crawler... yea, I don't think I will go there.

It is just very sad. One of the last american made companies, and they can't handle gear mesh.

Bummer on the Cuteness. I don't know of any spare lathe motors lieing around.

Back