• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Ran my backyard falls with my 3yr old daughter, tonight. Well you know how you keep finding your rigs weak links.....
The JK has had it share. Well now that it runs pretty good, I found out that the LiMn batt I got has maybe 20min run time:cry:

Mckenna was running the MOG, and it took a good tumble and bent a shock rod.
BTW, the 3racing shocks for the MRC..............SUCK! Leak, ballcups pop off, leak, springs jump off seats, leak, and bend easy.

OH well.
BTW Jim, I now have 15-20a switches on all my rigs and love it!

Last edited:
Is anyone up for a crawl tomarrow night? My 1.9 is working but I need a different motor the mama 5700 is a little too much.

shhh.. my 1.9 is sleeping. At least I hope it is sleeping because I can't make it make a single noise or nothing.

I would like to get together tomorrow night, but I think I am going to have to stay around home. We have a big weekend coming up and I need to help the wife get ready for it.

How did the Lipo work out for you?

shhh.. my 1.9 is sleeping. At least I hope it is sleeping because I can't make it make a single noise or nothing.

I would like to get together tomorrow night, but I think I am going to have to stay around home. We have a big weekend coming up and I need to help the wife get ready for it.

How did the Lipo work out for you?

LOL. I love rock crawling. Your always learning something. Apparently my cool waterproof box was affecting the spring retainers on my Dean Plugs. That is why I had intermittent power. Talk about a real son of a B to figure out. :twisted:

Wife's friend is in town with two kids. Got my MOG running and turned the stream on. They loved it. wore two batt packs out.
@$%@^&%@$# Hotbody shocks. never again! Enough said.

I think that 3800 LiMn pack I have is dead. Lipo cutout tripped on my Rooster. So I stopped and later went back to charge it, but 5min into the charge the charger starts screaming "error" and stops. It charges other batts OK.
Not sure what to get for it. Has to fit that opening. 7.2 stick pack or Lipo? Should I wait 2wks+ for a Turnigy?

Wife's friend is in town with two kids. Got my MOG running and turned the stream on. They loved it. wore two batt packs out.
@$%@^&%@$# 3racing shocks. never again! Enough said.

I think that 3800 LiMn pack I have is dead. Lipo cutout tripped on my Rooster. So I stopped and later went back to charge it, but 5min into the charge the charger starts screaming "error" and stops. It charges other batts OK.
Not sure what to get for it. Has to fit that opening. 7.2 stick pack or Lipo? Should I wait 2wks+ for a Turnigy?

Last edited:
come play in the goose poop with us. its great fun.:lmao:

Is that a Lowell thing :shock:

%@#!*&%@ 3racing:flipoff:

Anyone know if the RC4WD dual spring shocks are any good?
ie. if they have seepage like Olestra Lays potato chip?

I think I put a little too much silicone in the winch servo when I waterproofed it. It feels like it is using 20% of its power just to turn the grease.

i havnt ran the lipo yet, going go run it tonight with jim in goose poop (is that what we are calling it now?) . i am going break out my 1.9, it will have my 55t in it so it will be slower then snot but it will run.

Sweli... Goose poop isn't Lowell... Lowell is heaven... LOL. Goose poop is the fountains on 36th st. More goose poop then fountains. :lmao: We have found out that Prolines G8 tires work super on goose poop though. We figure that is what the "G" stands for. :lmao:

try...
http://www.hobbypartz.com/

for your battery. They sell all the Hobbyking parts (aka Trunigy) battery packs, but they are located in the US. Much faster shipping.

for the price... buy multiple.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-1800mah-2s1p-74-20c.html
$8.70.

They have large capacity but they are all out of stock.

G8 stands for goosepoop eight. The tire is meant for high traction on the poop of aforementioned waterfowl as long as they stay domestic and not international.
But after eighth said runs, the tire will dissolve. :ror:

......actually the new G8 Super Swampers look pretty nice

Last edited:
G8 stands for goosepoop eight. The tire is meant for high traction on the poop of aforementioned waterfowl as long as they stay domestic and not international.
But after eighth said runs, the tire will dissolve. :ror:

......actually the new G8 Super Swampers look pretty nice

i didnt have problem with the poop tires. i blew the hex out of a wheel instead.:roll:

i didnt have problem with the poop tires. i blew the hex out of a wheel instead.:roll:

Which truck blew the hex? My kids, and nephews was running my Jeep this weekend. They found a weak link in the steering for me. :roll:

OH well, It needed to be upgraded.

Oh oh.... First I re geared my Axial with the 27 turn motor again. Not only did I break 88 miles per hour, I also crossed the streams and caused a " Total protonic reversal!" (What two movies are those references from... ?)

So now my Axial is spread evenly all over my workbench.:lmao:The plus side is... I am having a riot trying to build a new chassis. Yep, that's right. The gatekeeper maybe going on the shelf. I am building a "Scaler" chassis. I will even have an area to frame mount a servo... or two (winch). For the time being I think the steering servo will stay in its stock location... for now. :twisted:

In other news... I have cleared it with the wife... I can go to the Red Neck Special Olympics Mud Run. (Please forgive if I got the name wrong.) I am trying to get the axial back together in time to take it. Does anyone else want to join me? It is this Sunday. We need to be there between 10-11. The cost is $5 if you haven't read the posts under the Michigan folder.

Well it was a busy, but productive night. I need to add some more holes for cross supports, and shock adjustments but overall I am pretty happy. So far. Without further tado...

38738_1383920125571_1459040901_30918543_3461348_n.jpg

Here is what I have for a chassis. I tried bending aluminum... lets just say that ended badly. So back to Delrin. What you don't see is, I am actually using the original skid plate.

39746_1383920445579_1459040901_30918544_3394873_n.jpg

A preliminary body mock up. I will have to add more mounting holes. This body might end up looking like my old beetle body. Wheel base is 12.25 inches.

39746_1383920485580_1459040901_30918545_6318271_n.jpg

And the mandatory flex shot. Funny story... at this point the top cross supports are held in with duct tape. I don't think I will have to worry about restricting flexibility with this setup.

Well, that's it for tonight. Later guys.

Back