• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

I do not think I can this week. Wife is starting back to work/school and is in meetings or prepping her classroom, so this is the first week kids are either in daycare or friends+family all week. A bit hectic.

I hope next week.

Took the DIG off the R2D I had mocked up in the new rig. Got an R2 short shaft for it. It is do-able now.

Looked around for project or waterproof boxes for the JK and the new rig.
Found lots, but not the right size. Tupperware and others online, Ebay and Meijer. Small boxes for MP3 and such for taking to the beach. Even pencil boxes that could be made to seal.
Still ended up with a couple Rat-shack project boxes that I am going to make waterproof. Only need to get the Rx in there. Seems to be the culprit. Dont' want to balloon it, because it is a Synth Rx with channel pots on the front.

This would work great, except it is 5x3.75x1.7. I have space for all but the 3.75. I have more like 2.5.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=402090&pdesc=Flambeau_Blue_Ribbon_Fly_Box_Medium&aID=504B6&merchID=4006

402090_M1.jpg

402090_T2.jpg

402090_M3.jpg

I would like to make it out also but have not had time to work on the JK or waterproof anything... Maybe next week.

look at radio shack. they have project boxs that may work for waht you need.

Thx, that is what was always on my BMV, and is the batt case on the MOG.
I go the two smaller sizes they had. Bigger one is too big. Two small ones for now.
One of the JK, to hold only the Rx. I am machining a groove around the lid to hold a 1/16 O-ring in place. Then some RTV blue around the screw shoulders.
Second is for the new rig. Might try RTV Blue for the seal around the lid. Worry about keeping it even enough so it crushes all the way around after dry.

I used an old Hitec Servo case that the servo came in. I sealed the top with a little Form-a-gasket. It works great. I have my sidewider mini speed controller, rx and BEC all inside it. I could even fit my 800 Mah battery pack in there, but then I couldn't seal it, and switch batteries. And who would want to wait a 1/2 hour between runs to recharge a sealed battery.

For those who are available this weekend... I am open for Sunday. Tonight and Saturday we are going to be doing stuff as a family.

Tata for now.

Is there any parks/recreation area's around GR or so that I could take the family out crwling and like do a picnic also?

Thanks Scott.

Well Scott, I would imagine that there is something in GR, it is pretty big. However for my money I like going to Fallasburg park Lowell. (actually north of Lowell). It has very cool creek, lots of muddy hill areas, and a great picnic area.

Actually I am going there tonight with my family for a picnic. (if my wife wakes up from her nap.)

I posted pictures of Fallasburg park here.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138274&page=26

The creek runs into the Flat River, so you can even do some swimming if you are into that.

Thinking more about GR... Paris Park is very nice for crawling, however I don't remember if there is a picnic area near to it. Maybe on the other end of that park. Jim B could tell you more about Paris Park.

Have fun!

I am thinking of heading out to Fallasburg Park sunday for some crawling and a picnic. If anybody wants to join that would be cool.

Give me a call if you want.
231-206-4666
Scott.

Ok guys. Here are my plans. I am going to Fallasburg on Sunday. Dave is meeting me at my house by 11 on Sunday and we will caravan from there. If meeting at my house is easier for anyone else please let me know. Fallasburg is 5 miles from my house so I am pretty familiar with it. I am hoping to get the first area. That one has the "limited water" area, as "Its Just Me" puts it. :ror:

I want to leave by 11:05 or so, so maybe we can get the "good" spot.

Actually if people want to go even earlier than that, it is fine with me. Sunday is pretty open for me.

Scott... are you bringing your family? If you have any young kids, have them bring a bucket. My kids love trying to catch crawfish. "thumbsup"

FYI for anyone coming out today. Your best bet is to look for our vehicles. There will be a...

old style 99 Blue Chevy Pickup (Wyldweazel)
Metallic bronze HHR (Bigdaddy)
Black Ford (itjustme)
Black grandprix (danthebodyman) I am not sure if he is coming out or not.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone. If my kids can finish cleaning there rooms in time, they too are coming. wish them luck. They will need it.

Back