• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

North (way North) Area and update

The MOG now has a 5link front axle. Yeah, I said 5link. I added a Panhard, but the throw of the upper 2links are at such small angles that I did not need to remove one of them. Lost maybe 10% of articulation, but gained a LOT of steering torque.
Bed is complete.
LEDs are wired and a controller for them is complete. Fabbing the lens' soon and install on chassis.

Was up north last weekend. Eyes are always open for rock and trail areas. My wife thinks I have an addiction"thumbsup".
Found this one at a roadside park on the west TC bay, halfway towards Suttons Bay. Prob a 100+ yards of this!
Lots of scaler/trail areas between all the rocks made it beautiful.
TCSuttonsBayarea.jpg

Oh man, everybody with little Jeeps now. Wish I had not gotten the big JK. Smaller stuff is more fun.

When are we trail running again?
Sat or Sun?
Any possibility of being closer to Holland?

I am MIA this week thru the 27th. I have my daughters birthday party this weekend up at Wixom Lake, and I am going on a Motorcycle ride to St. Ignace Next week to do some more camping and cruising.

topofledges (whips ledges?)was sweet. you guys need to go there some time. i really need to do some more work on my trucks. next time in go i need to bring the right tires. for the most part i could keep up with them but there was a few places that kicked my butt.

Whats the new spot? Pics from today?

What about Friday night at BFG?

Anyone up for anything this weekend?

Wonder if sometime this summer we should carpool over to Grand Ledge and check it out?

Where the &*#$%@#& is everyone?
If I run with my two oldest kids, I get left out of scaling, as only two run. Suppose I could run the comp rig after them. The way this summer is going, I prob will convert my torsion to a scaler so the kids and I can run when we want to.

Wow, weather was horrible out there today. Hope everyone stayed inside where it was safe...........LOL

Out Geo-caching with cubscouts in a county park between Holland and GrandHaven. Very large park with LOTS of hiking trails.
NE corner of park had a ravine with a 18" wide, 2-6" deep trickle of a creek running through it with typical woods obstacles around it. Found the ravine from the edge of the road in front of the park, where it is easy to park and walk 20ft into the area.
IMG_0140.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, your rant will be true for me this week. My work doesn't have anyone to cover for me while I am on vacation and now I have to get caught up by Wednesday. Thursday, Ford, one of our customers is coming in for an audit... So my week sucks. Wife and I are still discussing this weekend. I know I will be unavailable Monday. We will see about Friday.
My rants (above) aside, anyone up for something after work this week? Tues or Wed?

Hey Weazel, does it seem like Ford had gotten a little tougher with their audits in the last year or so?
Used to be you didn't even need to prep for a visit from them, now they feel like Toyota up your business.

Back