• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Noon at Paris Park is good by me. I got all the parts to get the 1.9 running... whoever, I forgot I need a BEC for the big servo. Doh. I am not sure if I can get it functioning tonight to bring tomorrow or not. I will have my pickup though, and bug spray.

ram chargers trans ate it... f350 is out to... so i will be running the brat only.

Got a Panhard bar and new servo on JK, but not enough $$ for a newer ESC. So not sure how much glitchy-glitch I can deal with on it.
MOG runs OK to run, so might end up running that.

Noon at Paris!

5/30/10 Pics

Couple pics from today's scale trail run.

thx for the great time guys. Too bad I keep finding the weak links on the JK. MOG keeps going.
Sometimes smaller is better:flipoff:

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Got a Panhard bar and new servo on JK, but not enough $$ for a newer ESC. So not sure how much glitchy-glitch I can deal with on it.
MOG runs OK to run, so might end up running that.

Noon at Paris!

Scott, question for you. Do you use the Panhard bar instead of upper links? If so, could you use it front and back? Just was thinking.

Well, I done it now. I was messing with my Axial and slid in a 27 turn that a friend loaned me. Then I geared it up... Then I found out that at high speeds being able to turn your tire 45 degrees is bad. So, now I need to make new body mounts.

Thanks for the motor Jim.

On the plus side, it was an amazing crash. Cartwheels and carnage. :lmao:

That being said... I am dead in the water until I get something running. Something, anything....

Way to go Jim, put I'm thinkin about putting a go fast motor in my 1.9 just for giggles. Need to put back together my blazer so I have something to drive with

bugz, you really need to blow the dust off that stuff. Wyld Weazel your crazy. wheel speed much?

Hey... The crash wasn't my fault. I was chasing a neighborhood cat and if that cat hadn't turned I would have caught it. :lmao: I think I might try gearing it down a bit.

The MOG got an alum-wood bed this weekend. Lights are going to get rewired.
Got all steel gears for the Pede tranny in the JK, but have not torn into it yet. Front shaft will become a Max shaft. Keep chasing that weak link!!

LOTS of house "to-do's". Sump pump is running every 65secs right now!! 20on, 65off, 20on, 65off.............that equates to 1053x per day!

Gone next weekend.

Sweet on the Mog. I will be gone the next 2 weekends. I have to go watch my sister at her Belly dance recital...:lmao: this weekend and next weekend is my motorcycle vacation to Drummon Island. I should get a crawler running and take it with me. LOL.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The mad engineer has been at it again. Whatever could I be building now.:twisted:

I don't think I will make it 2 weeks to try it out, so we might need to setup a trail run during the week next week.

On the MOG, I was going for full blinkers, tail, stop and driving lights. Three of four options and $50+ will get you there. Some have some pretty cool PC programmable options on the output channels.
Decided the LH/RH blinkers every time you turn the wheel is a little annoying.

I built my own light control module.
Four corner orange markers will stay on, half bright.
Headlights will go off when in neutral, come on when moving forward (after 1/4 trigger). Headlights turn off when going in reverse.
Stop lights stay on in neutral, and when moving in rev. They turn off when going forward.

Parts - An old stripped servo's electronics board, two 2.2k resistors, two 40v 1A Diodes, one old servo splitter cable.
I essentially turned the servo's board into a very low power speed control.

Check out the PUNK RC Micro Rock Crawler light board (not the scale one) turns off the headlights after at rest a few secs, two auxillary channels you can turn on and off with a two ch radio! Maybe later when more funds are avail.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The mad engineer has been at it again. Whatever could I be building now.:twisted:

I don't think I will make it 2 weeks to try it out, so we might need to setup a trail run during the week next week.

Well here it is. I decided to take my 1.9 (which never ran right after I touched it) and make it into something special. I dedicate this truck in loving remembrance to John Walters. A friend who never felt a CJ could have a big enough motor or big enough tires. :ror: He will be missed.

32258_1340498800065_1459040901_30818308_6397830_n.jpg

Yes I want to change tires still. Maybe some Mudslingers... and chrome rims. I haven't decided yet. I also need to finish putting the slide rails on the lower links.
32258_1340498920068_1459040901_30818309_5125694_n.jpg
I also need to add a bigger front platform so I can mount a winch and bumper to it. I just ran out of the right size materials.

Back