• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

I don't know if anyone has anything planned for this weekend. I won't be available Saturday. I have family visiting that day, but I might be available for a few hours on Sunday.

Lets hear what you think!

Well, it looks like I am out too. My son has a birthday party at the zoo on Sunday (he must be friends with the monkeys... :lmao:) and my daughter has an Open house to girl scout camp. So I get to do one or the other.

later.

Well, it looks like I am out too. My son has a birthday party at the zoo on Sunday (he must be friends with the monkeys... :lmao:) and my daughter has an Open house to girl scout camp. So I get to do one or the other.

later.

Man Weazel.............. I wait to post plans until I know..........
You just tease us ...........string us along that we are going to get to see the Weazel...................then back out like a Sunday morning terd :flipoff:
(LOL)

I'm out this weekend. Rain most of Sat. FLowers, Yard, and house are calling!

Wow, did you guys see this one?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229599

Amazing Detail!

Just page through the thread...Nice innovations and ideas! I need to learn(and buy the tools) to weld and braze like that!!

Best thing is when you page down and see it painted for the first tme.....HOLY S! I thought it was cool and all, but with paint and body on WOW!!

Really makes me want to start on "Bus II"....I've been watch in the you-tube videos on the manufacture of the original pinzgauer trucks...I've almost got myself convinced I can build a scale chassis from scratch:shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqhw...&p=3886C6767CABB01D&playnext_from=PL&index=21

you can wire weld(mig weld?) brake line.if you look around you could pick up a used cheap one for 100-150$ dave has one he may let you use. its easy. the hard part is geting the bends in the tube perfect. do it. do it. if you get good it could fund your rc habbit.

Last edited:
The green MOG has new/used shoes. Had a set of RC4WD Crazy Krawlers (older medium compound) on Hummer wheels laying around I got in trade. Filled them about 75% full with Air Soft high density.
Replaced some of the rolled pins (some broke already) in the double shortened TLTs.
She's ready for the trail.

New servo for the JK coming in this week.

What's up for the Memorial day weekend??

Well, I am available of Sunday. Unfortuneately, my wife has her "Highland" festival she goes to every year on Saturday. (I think she likes the guys in the skirts. :lmao:) She also has to work on Monday. :roll:

If my order from Tower hobbies ever arrives, (7 days now) I will have my 1.9 ready to run also. Not waterproofed but ready to run.

So jump in here guys.........
It's only Tues, but my beer drinking skills are needed at a couple of cook-outs that I need to commit to by Wed night.

I heard Sunday.............. any others?

First thought is "the park". I could play in the waterfalls again, but lets keep the JK away from that at least until late in the day.

I am open to anything really. I got my motorcycle running so you say where and I am there.

Anyone up for trying a new spot (possible waste of time, but you never know),

Grand River Park, Jenison.
GrandRiverPkrdtoBoatLaunch.jpg

GrandRiverPkBoatLanuchArea1.jpg

16th st in Holland
IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Like I said... I got the bike running. I am good to go anywhere. Whatever you all agree on, just give me some address or directions.

The spot in Holland will be much more fun mid summer when the water level drops another few inches on the small rapids in the pic. No need to come this far.
Paris park is mid way between us I think?
Or we could chance on the one in Jenison, but that would be a pain for you too to go around on M6.

Any other ideas?
I'm shy of water over the axle for now.

paris park has my vote. i would like to go to the other side of the park. last time i walked my dog there it seemed like there where all kinds of places to wheel. maybe we should do a walk through? dont forget bug spray.

Last edited:
Sunday, Paris Park!
Noon works for me, anyone else who that will NOT work for?

mmmmmmmmm bring on the DEET headache!

JK needs a larger ESC, can run the Micro for now or an XL5(no Lipo cutoff). Want to run this 15turn cobalt I have, but only finding the Mamba Max will run it and has drag brake.
JK got mirrors and winch!! Winch is a little weak. I'll run it until I get something stronger, then move it to the MOG.

MOG got bigger shoes, but they're medium compound - OK for trailing though!

Last edited:
Back