• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

I might be able to do one or the other. MOG is running well.
Need to limit the shocks in the JK, and I started narrowing the tires a bit.

Ok, so we have 3 guys confirmed for this weekend. I talked with Big Daddy and he seemed interested too. So where do we want to crawl. I plan on running my 1.9. I am going to look into what is damaged on the 2.2. Maybe I can get it fixed before this weekend. I have a bad feeling I took a bearing out. :roll: Oh well. they are all original. And I have no plans on building new body mounts this week. I can't reach my workshop from the pool. :lmao:

Ok, first off let me say that my Jeep is now my favorite crawler. It fits in my saddlebags, so I can wander and crawl at the same time. :lmao:

That being said...

Jim... Good news. That stream in Fallasburg park has gone down finally. We only have about a 1/4 of a mile of good crawling fun. I did some test runs tonight with the jeep and it was a riot. You bring the cuteness and we can try to catch some of those fish in the deeper holes. :lmao:

Here is some pictures.

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

and just in case your worried about the rules.

IMG_4226.jpg

Here are a couple videos that show my jeep running thru the water. giving you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhVLTvqggqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTtKHPdigw

On out gtg this weekend. I am available Friday night, however I will be spending the day with the family on Saturday. I forgot that Saturday is Lowells River days celebration and duck race. who would miss that?!

Running

Wow looks like i need to Figure out how to Water Proof Everything.
Sorry i have been gone But the sport of kayaking has called my Name Almost everyweekend. Friday at 6 hmmmm.
If im not waterproof is there still places to play ?

We can go to Paris Park. There water is optional. :lmao:

Plus I don't know how fast that stream is running after the rain last night, and it is even further away from the Holland guys... so that might be a weekend visit sometime."thumbsup"

the water is up.we could still play there as long as we dont get any more water. there will be mud...so the guys that aren't water proof probably should look into it...

Go where you guys would prefer to. I'll stick around home this weekend.

I gave my kids the option of a 3rd (temporary) rig so 3 of us could join you for 60min runs, or fixing up our area in our yard to run 2 rigs. They chose fixing up our area to run in more often.
Let me know when the water in Lowell drops enough for 1.9 rigs to run in. It looks 2" in spots in the pics and would be fun!

Well you guys didn't miss out on much, this time. We were only in the woods for maybe 45 minutes. Tragically, we ended up having to take Jim to the Hospital for lost of blood. :lmao: The Mosquitoes were horrible.

We also ended up with only one person with a fully functional crawler... and he was borrowing it from Jim. :oops:

Jim went thru 2 vehicles and I had trouble with the Jeepster. I did have my Axial with me, however at that point, Jim was looking pretty pale from the lost of blood. :lmao:

There is talk about getting together tomorrow. After the duck races this afternoon, (Lowell) I am going to run up to Fallasburg to see what the stream is like. Maybe we will go there tomorrow... or I am definitely interested in trying some new places.

Jim, what time will you be available after church?

i got the cuteness going again. i still have the ram charger. should be able to run out there around 1ish... i would like to try your park. maybe grand ledge...

Last edited:
I know everyone said they are busy, but if you find yourself available today let me know. I will PM or email you my address. We are going to meet up at my house around 1.

Well last night was very productive. I managed to get some Silicon Base Dielectric grease, so I decided to tear my MG645 Servo down from my MRC Jeep and regrease it. "Just in case." The circuit board side was nice and dry still so I felt pretty good. Then I pulled the gears apart. Oh Snap. I was probally 1 run away from roasting my servo bearing complete. There was a rusty goo in the gears. Not good.

Well I cleaned it all up. Took the bearing out and put it in a bearing cleaner I had lieing around. An hour later I had restored it.:shock: Now both front and back are filled with silicon grease and sealed with silicon gasket. Now all I need to do is buy some o-rings for the output shaft.

My recommendation to all is if you are running the MG645 they DO NOT have any rubber seals like the bigger servos. You might want to check your servos if you have been following Jim and I around.

Tonight I start on the Axial.

Back