• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Hey Weazel, do you have a drop box or pre-postmarked packaging that the rest of us send our servo's to you in?
The big CS-80 that took the my first dunk is still not right.
Is the new grease all around the PCB and motor also? Wonder if this will make them run warmer?

Got the JK back together last night. 1.9 RocLox on UFO alum wheels. Washer BL rings for now. Limited the shocks which lowered the ride height.

Cannot believe the what my kids and I found in our small rock area! - a 15ft long stream and waterfall!?! How did that get there?
It is small to start. 14" wide, a decent flow, deepest part in the stream is 2", in the catch basin is 3".
The old pool pump that circulates it is out of it's league in pumping distance, but overkill in volume. The volume moved sucks the basin low because of leaks and other. Kids like it so far. Pics to come after a little more work.

Not sure I can get out this weekend either. Wife and kids are out of town 23/24/25 though, so that weekend is WIDE OPEN!

The big CS-80 that took the my first dunk is still not right.
Is the new grease all around the PCB and motor also? Wonder if this will make them run warmer?

Not sure I can get out this weekend either. Wife and kids are out of town 23/24/25 though, so that weekend is WIDE OPEN!

Well I installed the o-ring on the servo and tightened everything down. It seemed to work fine. I did fill the motor area, board and the gear area. I do wonder about the servo temp, but considering the servo doesn't have any heat sinks, it may not generate to much heat.

Worst comes to worst, I guess we will have to run underwater more to keep it cool. :lmao:

hmmm... wife and kids away you say.

CRAWL PARTY AT SWELI'S!!!

:mrgreen:

Actually I was thinking about doing the water proofing on an old futaba 2002 servo I have lieing around. Maybe put it in a cup of water and let it run for a few hours and see what I get. :shock:

Course, I may decide to do this the same night I plug my 3 cell lipos into the old new bright chassis and see what happens8)

When you run the NewBright rig, put it in an open top tub of the dielectric silicone, with paddle tires :mrgreen: and waterproof the dining room table!

splish splash...

I took the wife and kids to the Creek. Just so happen to have my jeep with me.:ror: My wife was nice enough to video my run. Not to bad for her first attempt.

I think the Cuteness would have been proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4n4Pg_XpMM

The servo worked out great. The electrical box had 1 small leak. :roll: Nothing got damaged, so that was good."thumbsup"

cc01

my cc01 is in WYOMING, MI as of 10:16 tonight glad to hear that
can't wait to run it and have fun and glad to have my own rig

Woo-hoo! Congrats!

Interested to see it in action. I have played with the idea of a CC01 for a year now, but have not acted on it yet.

Bought on here or other?
Pics?

Grats man. Start waterproofing. LOL. We will have to see if we can get out next week a couple times.

Backyard Creek

So my rigs are water shy.............well deep water shy.

My kids wanted to run them in some water so............... a creek popped up in our rock area.
I think I have a whole $20 into it. It sure used up my rocks and I still do not have the sides covered like it should be.

So I have a 1.5 sized creek, but the bigger rock climbs around the rest of the area swallow up even most 1.9's. I need some baseball and softball sized rocks to fill in the holes.

swelibackyardWaterFallclimb2071610.jpg

swelibackyardWaterFallclimb071610.jpg

swelibackyardclimbingoutofpond07161.jpg

swelibackyardclimbingrampoutofpond0.jpg

The pond is 3x5ft. About 4-5" at the deepest, which being water shy, I layed some flat cement pcs in there to keep it to 2"
It leaks a bit, so goes dry after an hour or so. To run, I kick on the well for the underground sprinkling. One hose from the nearest head fills the pond in about 5mins. Another hose helps the stream feed. Small (free) pool pump (the kind for a 10ft dia patio pool) circulates the water.

I built small dams every 4ft to get the water to pool a bit on the runs. Creek is 0-2" deep.

Nothing too challenging, but the kids enjoy it, and dad likes that they are into the rigs and having fun:)

So my rigs are water shy.............well deep water shy.

My kids wanted to run them in some water so............... a creek popped up in our rock area.
I think I have a whole $20 into it. It sure used up my rocks and I still do not have the sides covered like it should be.

So I have a 1.5 sized creek, but the bigger rock climbs around the rest of the area swallow up even most 1.9's. I need some baseball and softball sized rocks to fill in the holes.

swelibackyardWaterFallclimb2071610.jpg

swelibackyardWaterFallclimb071610.jpg

swelibackyardclimbingoutofpond07161.jpg

swelibackyardclimbingrampoutofpond0.jpg

The pond is 3x5ft. About 4-5" at the deepest, which being water shy, I layed some flat cement pcs in there to keep it to 2"
It leaks a bit, so goes dry after an hour or so. To run, I kick on the well for the underground sprinkling. One hose from the nearest head fills the pond in about 5mins. Another hose helps the stream feed. Small (free) pool pump (the kind for a 10ft dia patio pool) circulates the water.

I built small dams every 4ft to get the water to pool a bit on the runs. Creek is 0-2" deep.

Nothing too challenging, but the kids enjoy it, and dad likes that they are into the rigs and having fun:)

Wow, that is one nice rc waterpark you have there "thumbsup".

Next Proj

Next Project

This is in the mail today to me
100_5713.jpg

Cut out some of of the middle-center for lower skid
R2D turned on end
Delrin skid mounted between rails that are formed in it
Cut out the front where independent susp. mounted, for space of axle pumpkin
TLT axles will put the wheels/tires to the outside edges of fender skirts.
Homemade delrin links with M3 threaded rod into Traxxas links
Axial 1.9 BLs
Novak 55t w/Rooster Cralwer ed.
Traxxs big bores with internal springs
Body TBD
Tires TBD

Back