• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

new place

buck creek walk & bike trails woods water lots looks great & bathrooms "thumbsup" nate or jim give me a call and me can go look at it

well if we can't use the parks that our taxes pay for ,whats the point of having parks. i always thought thats way we had parks, so we could enjoy them. wait...except in areas designated for such use by the Kent County Parks Department. so we need to get the areas designated or they already have areas designated?

Last edited:
i have a place up here north of muskegon, its at my buddys house got a decent sized rock pile for 1:1 but works great for crawlers and a swamp close by with lots and lots of mud. soon to get more rocks ill take pics when im there next.

The following from the Kent county parks rules

d. It shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally urinate or defecate at another person, in a County park, except in such facilities provided and intended for such activities

The first part leaves Nate out :lmao:

The second part about designated areas is a little confusing. I knew places like that existed in California, but did not realize they had come east?

As far as paris is concerned....since there is nothing posted I'm all for playing dumb :) Actually anything but a designated wildlife refuge is on my play dumb list...

If we each tie a plasitc bag to our belt loops and pick up a few pieces of trash we should be good to go just about anywhere:flipoff:who can argue with a tree hugging move like that!!!

Swelli...no fair re-arranging the text to suit your spite-full purposes -OR- your next.....:shock:

ok well there is no problem then. ha...defecate... legal speak is great... oh hey Slashnbash! we still would like you t ocome out with us sometime,

Last edited:
Who'd be up for next Saturday morning somewhere?
Paris Park or can anyone check out some of the other places?

It is hard for me to hit Bass River Rec area with my bike afterwork to check it out.
I will hit the two places on the river north of Hudsonville on my lunch hour.

Any other scale friendly places to check out?

Sundays are tougher for me. We do not get home from Church until 12:30ish. Usually we do the grocery shopping with the kids then, which adds an hour to that. Wife usually spends a couple hours in her classroom prepping for the week.

She offered up time for me next weekend but preferred Fri night or Sat morn.

..........and now that I wrote that last night, the wife pulled a 180 on me for this next weekend.
Disclaimer - Sundays do not usually work well for me unless the wife is on summer break (June 20-Aug15), then it's OK.

This coming weekend, a couple hrs between 1:00 and 4:30 work out.

I will check out a couple other spots this week during lunch.

Reporting in

So, lets just say I ate a long lunch in my car today................

- #25 Filmore at the Bend (Filmore St. east of 40th Ave)
An old farm and woods. Nothing to see.

- #33 Bend Area (12 Ave North of Taylor ST.)
Old Gravel pit area, but cannot tell where you are allowed to go and where you are not. No paths, lots of No Trespass signs.
I'll try and find out more.

- #24 Eastmanvile Bayou (68th south of Leonard St.)
Not much here. Not worth posting the pics.

- #6 Grand River Park - Filmore St.
Possibilities here, down near the boat launch. Washed out woods.
GrandRiverPkrdtoBoatLaunch.jpg

GrandRiverPkBoatLaunchArea2.jpg

GrandRiverPkBoatLanuchArea1.jpg

- BASS River Rec. Area
Definite possibilities. Hard to find the South entrance, but it is the better of the two that I could see.
1/2 mile on dirt road to entrance. 1/2 mile back to park.
Park at the lake, no walk to run. Park back from the lake, 20yard walk to the woods in pics.
Does require a pass, but seldom policed. Prob a state park DNR pass (wife's car has one).
BassRiver.jpg

BassRiverEastentwashedwoods1.jpg

BassRiverEastentwashedwoods2.jpg

BassRiverEastentshorline2.jpg

BassRiverEastentshorline3.jpg

Last edited:
Dnr

Okay,
Well after talking to a close DNR friend of Mine here is some of his Suggestions (remember this is a friend so this is not law or guidelines just ideas). If we are at some of these parks and they aren't consider to be a wildlife refuge then keep a few things in mind.
1. Birds are building nest and laying eggs and hatching from April 15-july 2nd. So if we see geese, ducks or other wildlife sitting on nest maybe we should leave the area.
2. Wildlife refuge are Off limits due to the rules and regulations at these places. Basically the refuge is place that animals can relax from human contact.
3. Be smart. The first time someone see that we are out in the woods. Dont break Sticks or Branchs. Pick up trash. and If asked to leave then leave.

So with that being said. Lets go have some fun.

Sweli,
Thanks for all the Pictures and traveling on your lunch hour to all the places to look about running.

i am free to run sunday after 1 pm.
Friday i will be at BFG to run my Sc10

Thanks

Thanks Sweli for Driving around on lunch and taking Pictures. So when we going to head out and try these trails ? can you get away on weeknights at all ? Let me know.

I am all set for Sunday afternoon, but report shows rain Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon:cry:

Thursday is supposed to be nice.
Maybe I could talk to the wife and we could do either the one on 16th st. out near I-196, or Bass River.
Nate, you had asked if I could go after work also.
Usually I can't, leaves my wife doing dinner, homework, bath, bed for 3 after she gets home from work.

Can anyone do Thursday, couple hrs somewhere between 5 and 8?

Crud, forgot Cub Scouts on Thursday!
So what about Wednesday after work? Nate? Brian?

Where?
16th st in Holland would be quick for two of us?
Bass River takes 15mins from Zeeland, (about the same for you Nate?)

Back