• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Crud.............the guy wants $200!!
p1060712c.jpg

$300 gets you a rolling rig here: If he hasn't sold it yet, maybe he would sell the body for $50ish? Needs finished.
109_1064.jpg

His name is cdw327 on here.

Possible Scaler Crawl Areas

Just what to find alternate areas now, so if the bugs get bad or water high again, we have somewhere to go.

Map of Ottawa County Parks and Lands:
http://www.miottawa.org/ParksVI/Parks/select.htm

Some areas I think might be worth a drive-by to determine are:

- Bass River State Rec. - 2 entrances. West ent. might be better, but a hike from the car. I want to check out the east entrance. Larger body of water south of the river is almost like a flodded gravel pit. From the west "P" to the edge of the larger area of water on the map below, is about 300-400yds.
http://www.michigandnr.com/Publications/PDFS/RecreationCamping/bass_river.pdf

- #25 Filmore at the Bend (Filmore St. east of 40th Ave)
- #33 Bend Area (12 Ave North of Taylor ST.)
- #24 Eastmanvile Bayou (68th south of Leonard St.)

- #9 Hemlock Crossing - Great Woods areas. Bridge over river right near parking lot, but I remember marshy banks, I'll check again. I have not been to the west parking lot before. They also have an area east of US31 with little or no access that I want to check out.

East of Holland

One possible spot, east of Holland.
Corner of 16th st and 104th ave., 500 yards west of I-196 ramp.
Parking lot with primative trails.

Washed out area, packed and loose sand and dirt. Roots, some rocks.
IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Slow flow creek. Nicer small rapid area with nice looking rock area (way in distance of photo). Better rock area is on far bank, not sure how deep water was to get to it.
IMG_0070.jpg

Bass rec

Bass rec...
Would be a great area. From either parking lot about 1/2 into the park there is a Awesome Gravel hill. this would be fun to climb. So i was thinking when we go here maybe ride bikes in with burleys and Gear.

Im out for anything this weekend im leaving for WI be back sunday.

X2 I'm out this weekend also.
Six day work week this week. One day with Family.

Might be able to do something on weekend of 30/1//2.

Roof rack on the JK is 80% complete. Need to mount it and finish the LEDs.

I'm up in the air on friday.....I will show if I'm not the only guy there. I've got all of Brian's batteries too, so Slash time on the track will be plentyfull. (Brian "KrazyKayak") is out of town starting today.

I'm also out of town for the weekend.

QUOTE: Swelli "One possible spot, east of Holland.
Corner of 16th st and 104th ave., 500 yards west of I-196 ramp.
Parking lot with primative trails."

Looks like you could have taken those pics at Parris Park!! I'd be willing to take a drive to there sometime soon. Might have the same bug issues, so sooner is likely better?? Are you free on a week night (wed-fri) for a few hours next week?? Next weekend would work too... anyone else up for it??

Bass river/lake is going to need an exploratory expedition by bike before we try to drive toy trucks there as a group. There are lots of places that might work well there, almost too many. Parking, access and distance will need to be known quantities before we can tell too many people to meet there for a GTG. (Maybe I'm over thinking again???)

Couple of the places on the list I might take my lunch with me in the car and go for a noon drive to see them.
X2 - Bass River will need a bike ride to find some possible spots.

FYI for Digger.......No BFG for tonight.....Weasel is out......Kayak is out....justme is out....Bugz is out......Swelli is out.......so I'm out as well.

Concerning new places to crawl....places designated "Nature Preserves" have stringent rules as to users staying on the designated foot paths only. Kayak has a buddy in the DNR and will be posting more accurate musings on the matter soon. He thinks Swelli's "little find" might fall under this category:cry: I for one think that if such rules are indeed in place in certain areas that we should respect that. I don't know if Parris park falls under that as well or not....I've never bothered to read the signs. Hopefully it is not off limits, I'd rather have to give it up for bugs than rules...

The following from the Kent county parks rules PDF http://www.accesskent.com/YourGovernment/CountyClerk/pdfs/Parks_Ordinance.pdf

Section 22

d. It shall be unlawful for any person to start, fly, or use any fuel- or battery-powered model aircraft, boat, or other similarly powered model vehicle within a County park except in areas designated for such use by the Kent County Parks Department.

Section 29

d. It shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally spit at another person, or urinate or defecate in a County park, except in such facilities provided and intended for such activities

Section 37: Fines and Penalties
[FONT=EKLLGM+BookmanOldStyle,Bookman Old Style][FONT=EKLLGM+BookmanOldStyle,Bookman Old Style]a. A violation of any of the following sections of this Ordinance shall constitute a misdemeanor, and shall be punishable by a fine of not more than $500.00 or imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or both. [/FONT]

I should have posted this under an alias....:roll:
[/FONT]

Back