• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

I for one completely understand. Very cool but overly complicated. Just give me an esc, motor, battery, servo to steer. Good to go. Oh, and tx/rx

I for one completely understand. Very cool but overly complicated. Just give me an esc, motor, battery, servo to steer. Good to go. Oh, and tx/rx
And a brat with a cold beer"thumbsup"

It was cool because he made it work. It's kind of like a Chevy Volt.

found this on craigslist. this would be a good replacement. anyone have a way to get it to grand rapids from saginaw?

1990 JEEP CHEROKEE 2-DOOR NO RUST NO MOTOR NO TRANS

Jim, you could rent a u-haul car dolly. I would be happy to loan you my truck to pull it. I wish i could offer my dad's trailer but it is occupied until spring. Let me know.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jim -

Jeep : Cherokee Base Sport Utility 4-Door in Jeep | eBay Motors

Found this in Holland. Brings back lots of childhood memories. My mom had two of these!
1JCNJ15U3JT063984-1c.jpg

1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Holland Rescue Mission

Last edited:
Oh no, I went and did it :shock:

I pulled the coveted TLTs off Rusty :cry:

And threw on a pair of AR60's :lmao:
No, but there is a set of Axial SCX axles on there now.

Overdrive front, stock rear with stock lockers(?)
Beef Tubes front
Alum chubs and high steer knuckles
Rear alum lockouts.
stock shafts for now.

Let the hazing begin!
(still have TLTs under two rigs)

I fabbed up a front 3link + panhard mount, from stainless.
Almost got the panhard and draglink at the same angle and length!
Panhard has a bend to go up and round the top of the pumpkin.

Figured out the turned down TLT shocks are scale, but not durable.
On the hunt for some 90-100mm ultimate scale shocks or dual rates.
Front2.jpg

Front.jpg

Rear is the homemade that came with it. I'll spruce it up with one I fab, later.
I also have some 2.2 cut and shuts coming that I might try runnin with minimal foam for snow.
Rear.jpg

Last edited:
Jim,
I just stopped in front a Cherokee FS on the side of the road. Guy must be high on something!
'97, 206k miles, 4" lift, half used oversized rubber, rusted out rockers, bubbling rust around windshield - $2900
Not sure how much these are coveted, but it looked like a $1400 rig or less.

the insurance company said mine was worth 4300 if it wasn't a salvage title. mine had no floors or rockers. also rust on the roof above the windshield. that being said most of whats out there as far as 96 and back is rotted out crap. if the frame is solid the rest can be dealt with. just depends on how much you want to deal with.

Last edited:
Hey Jim! I stopped by the trails the boys and I are going to hit tomorrow with the rally cars and took a few pics.
Looks great for beginners like us! It is a big park/natural area. Bikes and dogs allowed. Gee, nothing about RC cars....hmmmm.
I entered on a very small, barely used side entrance. There are soooo many little trails going every which way. Lots of little 5+ minute loops at a fast walk pace.

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

Last edited:
ouchman, do you know of anyone building a course?
Track with stand or Euro style?
The Euro style looks interesting. Plus you may get some candids from watching your friends wipe out or take a branch in the face!?!? LOL.

For right now it has to be on local hiking trails. If we do not disturb hikers or get run over by a mt bike, that is what my two oldest kids and I might do later today.
The courses I've seen posted from Colorado look fun.

There are some trails in Richfield Park that would be sweet, but my WR8 is waiting for parts so i havent been out to run them.

WR8 - big dog!

80sec of consecutive pics of my oldest two running rally's in the woods.
They did OK for the first time out. Would not do well on a narrow trail though.
I think the goat 3s in the BMW is not working well.
Posi rear end in the Porsche did surprisingly well.

Best pic is at 40-50 secs in!

Rally Siblings - YouTube

Woo Hoo - Came home early today.

Helped my 10yr old (Ethan) start an RC crane project from my RC scrapyard. So far nothing fancy, 5/16" PE plate for the chassis. Cliff Climber front axle hard screwed to it. Rear axle on the start of a 4link in droop.

Then got the Kyosho Blizzard out for pack and half in the yard with the kids.

Then a couple of the rally cars for a pack in the driveway.

Back