• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Skaterhawk, Does your rig have an AE2 ESC in it? If so, should work OK for now. If you were closer near me (Holland), I'd waterproof it for you.
Buy a star or get posting on other threads. I think it's still above 30post somewhere, you get permission to see the classifieds.
Keep an eye out for a used Novak Rooster. A decent deal would be around +/-$45. Waterproof and ready to roll up to 2S.

What servo are you running? Stock? Use it til it burns up, or you see the HS-5645MG, HS-5646WP (new blue waterproof) on sale at Tower.
If you get on Towers mail list, they email you $10+ off coupon codes to use.
Once you upgrade the servo, you will need a CC BEC to power it. LHS is usually $24. Ask them to program it to 6v for you when you buy it.

Don't buy more nimh packs once you upgrade the ESC. For LIPOs, check out Hobby King. But create a log in and look in their USA store. I just ordered two new 2650mah for $26 to my door. I've run mine underwater so far without problems. Some guys plastic dip them for safety.

Can you shim the pinion on the inside of the bearing, or on the side of the spur opposite the teeth?

There is no slop in the ring and pinion. I'm pretty sure it is in the axle shafts. Or in the steering. The damn thing can roll two inches before the drive line will engage! That is GREAT for crawling...

I have seen a few set ups that look like they have THICK aluminum axle tubes and other aluminum parts, but it never says where they get them.

Rusty is not up and rolling yet, but where were you thinking??

Inner fenders and a vinyl dust cover are on the TA02 Rally. Drifting in the drive this morning with Tamiya Rally Blocks on!

Hey Jim,
Here is one of the TA02's you sold me.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rally/419015-ta02-winter-rally.html#post4086998
Used body from a guy.
Ran a few packs today on the ice and snow.
Then my sister in law actually ran over the rig!!! She cam around the corner in our neighbor hood and thought it funny to chase me down as I was going down the street. I hit a patch of ice an spun out. She didn't slow down. I cannot find chassis damage. Bent the front-rear shaft and destroyed the body. FFFFFFFFF!

Sorry Jim, looks like a no for me. Becky is on the couch with the flu or something.
I'm off Wed, Fri-sat-sun next week, and Mon-Tues the week after. So got to get a run in!!

Fixed the TLT rear axle on Rusty for now. Need to braze up a truss and 3link for it to get the Axials under it.

Back