• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

I'm out. My wife has to work all day. I really don't want to take my kids that close to water. They are danger prone as most of you have seen.

Rusty's on the bench, broken rear pinion shaft. Actually picked up a set of Axials to throw under it.
Rest of the rigs are running great.

Have two rally cars built up now. Mostly waterproof. Looking to put inner fenders and dust covers on the insides.
Hoping to have some we fun in the driveway or parking lots this winter with my kids. Then see if they want to rally in the spring.

Hope next week will be good to dust of the Blizzard for some fun.

Just finished up a 16.8v Clodzilla 2 with Clod Mudslingers and aluminum beadlocks and 170mm shocks. Yes, 170mm, not a typo :). Need to tear apart the two custom built rigs and clean/repair/replace, and finish up a 'slopless' driveline for the SCX10. And ideas for the 'slopless' drivline? I have a new set of RC4WD ring and pinions. They are VERY tight, but there is still a bit of slop...

And ideas for the 'slopless' drivline? I have a new set of RC4WD ring and pinions. They are VERY tight, but there is still a bit of slop...

Can you shim the pinion on the inside of the bearing, or on the side of the spur opposite the teeth?

Skaterhawk, we'll have to get out in the next couple weeks and get your new rig dirty!

I have a smorgasbord of parts.

2 Novak Rooster Crawler Eds. - waterproof, good hold brake, 2s
2 Novak Goat 3s - waterproof, good hold brake, 3s
1 CC Mamba Max - Lots of settings, good drag brake, 3s+
1 CC Sidewinder SV2 - Lots of settings (Need link cable), good drag brake, 3s
1 CC Sidewinder micro - Lots of settings (Need link cable), good drag brake, 3s (but 25-30amp max)
I conformal coat speed controls that are not waterproof (can void the warranty).

Hitec servos:
4 HS-5645MG, HS-5646WP (new blue waterproof)
I put synthetic grease around the main shaft and plasti-dip servos that are not waterproof

7 CC BEC (the best) (some I have waterproofed, some are in boxes with the Rx's)
1 Turnigy BEC ($7 at hobby king)

Rx's go in waterproof boxes.

What are you looking for?

Back