• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wrangler JKU / VS4-10 build

Mud Daog

Rock Stacker
5C33Omg.jpg

What's up people. I built a Jeep this summer.

Part list:

Chassis: Vanquish VS4-10 Phoenix Portal kit
Body: Injora Jeep Wrangler open top kit
Motor/ESC: Hobbywing QuickRun AXE540 2300kV
Steering servo: Holmes Hobbies HSV500LP
Shift servos: 2x Savox SC-1251MG
Tx/rx: FlySky GT-5
Wheels: Vanquish Products 1.9 Method 105 gunmetal with beadlock rings IFR
Wheel bolts: Vanquish Products scale hex hardware
Hubs front: Vanquish Products .475 brass
Hubs rear: Vamquish Products .475 SLW
Center hubs: SSD M5 "Locking" Hubs
Tires: Pitbull RockBeast 1.9
Foams: Boom Racing 2-Stage, Hard/Medium
Rear bumper: SSD Rock Shield

Extra:

-Killerbody grille mesh
-Araldite Rapid 2 component epoxy glue
-CA glue
-Testors model glue
-Evergreen styrene round rods and 1/4" square rods

urfZzSb.jpg

Inspiration: Portal axle JKU Sand Trooper. Also the Rockstar Garage JKUs influenced me a lot here.

13swqEi.jpg

The chassis build was business as usual, except I lowered the shift servos and removed the battery tray.
tw4aLFQ.jpg

Injora bod had to be hacked a bit to sit right
2TrbeN8.jpg

XjSJgJG.jpg

xbi2473.jpg

42kaAXj.jpg

Weird Al gets a Jeep AND his own movie this fall!
ry08o7w.jpg

This faux 2JZ is from MyMiniFactory, and hides the ESC and the steering servo
7eExcuv.jpg

The body mount piece from the Phoenix body fused with the grille piece from the Jeep body, and hollowed out w/mesh. Serves as a working front mount!
R3b12mM.jpg

VFa6mv3.jpg

Starting to look like something!
fEID4Jr.jpg

Bj7U5Vo.jpg

The front panels had to be cut/widened, and the fender flares bent to fit
mAkgq1U.jpg

g1RWifs.jpg

Alfred is stoked
2iK27Zd.jpg

N9TtTzL.jpg

Magnets. Great guys.

Last edited:
YRA0ndx.jpg

Started styrene'ing the body, just some fitment and then filling the holes that would have the doors stuck in'em
PrbTlIE.jpg

LczTaVk.jpg

rJnzk6P.jpg

Puttied and sanded to make it look schmooze
qid6hEp.jpg

Paint! Tamiya! TS-81 Royal Light Grey exterior, TS-82 Rubber Black, TS-06 Matte Black, TS-80 Flat Clear
xWgHxb2.jpg

eWbHVmx.jpg

Got the Rock Beasts on the Method 105s, and I liked'em so I put rings on them.. expensive, yes.
It was my birthday.. leave me alone!
9lO9auW.jpg

GRC light pods are pretty great! Also decided this Jeep was already used before I even built it. Tamiya Weathering Master kit is a good buy.
i6vTpdK.jpg

Homestretch now
NK1s4Ll.jpg

Had some foam sheets laying around and used them to seal up the gap between body and chassis in the rear
4zOIkSq.jpg

iz8rxtx.jpg

eFmGHzU.jpg

And also the inside of the windshield:
E2WnXKl.jpg

0J9SUWW.jpg

Added some styrene tube to look like support
pillars for the cage
T5lanDZ.jpg

Dash got sawed up, glued back together and then flatted out
EiZBw4G.jpg

We're in!
WYICGM2.jpg

x2urOt5.jpg

Last edited:
Qq2T8xh.jpg

This Jeep is for finding secret ancient skate spots in the mountains
hLfARIc.jpg

Cali plates for the culture
vRIcu5j.jpg

We outside like Pi'erre Bourne!!
0eT28JG.jpg

Wasup mami, talk to me
yAxkhxm.jpg

eXXfCTy.jpg

Floor mat covers the power switch. Battery (*edit: this was a Gens Ace "Soaring" 3S 2700kV)is behind the dash
Q51RIkr.jpg

Done deal! The body doesn't go as low as I want it with this battery, but I'm working on it. The lower lenses are from an SCX10i part tree, cut ans sanded to fit. Head-/taillights are from Gmade. Pods not yet connected, got a switch on order. Happy with this build, can't wait to go crawl somewhere good!
5C33Omg.jpg

NOTCyhX.jpg

2yDrHz2.jpg

Finally, last night I set up for some poser shots, and reversed off a 3 meter cliff. The damage wasn't as bad as I feared.. Injora was quick to send replacement parts, thankfully. F'in send it!!
CH7dl0H.jpg

Thanks for tuning in!

-Mats

Last edited:
Very cool jeep! Bummer about the damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent work on the fit and finish of this build!"thumbsup" Love a good Jeep build and great to see it on the Phoenix chassis!

It's great to see how well the interior center console lines up with the VFD trans. Nice little scale details and love the driver! He fits the look perfectly!

Excellent work on the fit and finish of this build!"thumbsup" Love a good Jeep build and great to see it on the Phoenix chassis!

It's great to see how well the interior center console lines up with the VFD trans. Nice little scale details and love the driver! He fits the look perfectly!

Thank you, appreciate it! There's a couple meant-to be geometric features for sure!

Where did you end up mounting your battery? I have a nearly identical build going on and to run a 2200 3s I cut a little bit of the floor board in front of the passenger seat to allow the battery to sit up through there and will do a fake carpet to cover over it.

Back