• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What does a $2,200 SCX10 Look like???

Everyone on RCC has at one point on another tried to budget before starting on a project lol. How closely they stick to it is another matter entirely.

I built up a completely full option Tamiya Tundra Highlift with the MFC sound and vibration unit along with every single possible upgrade Junfac has for the Tamiya High Lift chassis. Total build cost was over $3,100. Took a little over a year to get the paint, all the little LEDs, programming, and the 4 channel radio system and 3 speed gear box to function correctly. After I was done drove it literally 10' and sold it….lol.

Now I've come to realize I enjoy building more than driving so I spend more time on custom hard bodies, painting, scale items, chopping and modding bodies/chassis while at the same time utilizing what parts I have on hand that I know are proven and bulletproof.

Looks like you've started trying styrene! Putty up those holes by the door and seal that back panel and divorce setup that chassis. Paint match the rest of the truggy and scale it out!! Then you open up a whole new can of worms!

You and I think alike. I am getting ready to totally transform this machine into a scaler. Ideas include weathering the white body. I love white because it shows dirt. The color pops out in videos!

The shocks were mounted with a skinnier softer spring on the bottom. That's my little secret to get another.5 inch lower! It has less body roll and looks more scale. It also looks cool.8

You would probaly be better off switching to a better set of shocks, kings are horrible no matter what you do to them. they seem like they have pore rebond and general very sluggish. Probaly also incorrect amount of oil, but they are a bit hard to get right, and it leaks out anyway. And with the water driving you do you probaly got water in the shocks theat has emulsified with the oil.

Im also baffled about how wierd and ugly rc4wd magage to make a exo-cage, and that people buy them??? very strange. Many awsome venders on this page who makes way better looking truggy cages.

And cant understand why you have gone for awsome curries and lame ass knuckles and chubs???

But other than that, looks like you on to something. probaly look good when your done. Thumbsup :)

Oil? What oil? It all leaked out. Just got back from a 3 foot deep water hole. The shocks riding on springs is all I need, we'll probably time to juice them up again. I do love all kinds of cages. This is actually pretty cool. If I get tired from running the back half I may cut it off one day. But for now, it's saved my shock hoops from a 25 foot roll down rocks. Love the STRC parts! Vanquish stopped making the normal knuckles so the wide ones don't fit so I can't put them on. So to be clear, I actually quite enjoy the fit and finish.

The thing with the strc chubs and knuckles is that they dont fix the original design error, they are just alu copys of the plastic, and not in a very good alu.
Vanquish parts have fixed the negative ackerman effect form the original ones, so the best upgrade is those. But what do you meen they dont fit? off corse VP chubs fit a VP axle.

The steering rubs the inside tire. And I don't want to change rims. They were designed to fit vanquish rims.

It's a common problem. If I run wider hexes I turn my class 1 crawling rig into a class 2 since half the tire will be outside the wheel well. So why I agree they are awesome I unfortunately cannot run them on my rig. I've tried and have rounded out the wheel hexes. I refuse to purchase vanquish rims because I love the aluminum Mickey Thompson licensed rims I'm running now. Vanquish has failed in this area.

Yes there are some rims that rubs, but you do not have to buy vanquish rims. Many rims today are made to be used with hex adaptors like VP slw hubs or similar for use with different widths. If not you can use bigger hex or hex spacers. So any rims can be used.
But do not worry about classes, you are already in class 2

Last edited:
It's a common problem. If I run wider hexes I turn my class 1 crawling rig into a class 2 since half the tire will be outside the wheel well. So why I agree they are awesome I unfortunately cannot run them on my rig. I've tried and have rounded out the wheel hexes. I refuse to purchase vanquish rims because I love the aluminum Mickey Thompson licensed rims I'm running now. Vanquish has failed in this area.

Your rig is already class 2 since those 1.9 Rok Lox are too big for class 1.

I love this rig because it can go anywhere!!!! It's 100% waterproof. I highly recommend waterproofing your rig! I love water.

I took a nasty crash into water. I tolled off a 4 foot cliff into water upside down. The metal roll cage saved the hard body from cracking on this one! Money well spent! Look closely and you can see through the water. The front is 2 and a half inches under water. You can see the deans connector floating in water. Well, time to call a tow truck.

Back